Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Denver Post calls Tebow worst quarterback in league « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #15 : October 31, 2011, 07:14:21 AM »

What's strange is I looked at the PFT article and the link to Kiszla's article and nowhere does he claim Tebow is the worst quarterback in the league.   

The Shadow

Starter

« #16 : October 31, 2011, 08:23:15 AM »

Oh, it says that alright but that's not all it says.... " Tebow is the worst quarterback in the NFL."

And this:

"So maybe we need a new definition for Tebowing. It's a prayer for mercy. Please, in the name of heaven, bring us somebody who can actually play quarterback."

And this:

"Tebow might be a spectacular physical specimen, but he is not an NFL quarterback."

And this:

"Mercy me."

And this:

"Hey, intangibles are awesome, but rarely prove to be as valuable to any quarterback as a discernable talent such as hitting a wide open receiver in the end zone.

Mr. Tebow, we hate to break this news:

You can't lead if you can't make plays.

Could Brady Quinn possibly be worse?"

He'll be below average if given 20-30 starts to improve.

He stunk yesterday, verifying the claim by others that there would have been no miraculous comeback last week versus a good/decent team because the Donks would have been 30 points behind.

Time to face the facts. While he may be a nice guy that won't cut it in the NFL.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #17 : October 31, 2011, 08:47:23 AM »

What's strange is I looked at the PFT article and the link to Kiszla's article and nowhere does he claim Tebow is the worst quarterback in the league.

LMAO.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19228711?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Those five minutes of wonder against Miami now look like an aberration. Right here, right now, Tebow is the worst quarterback in the NFL.

And please remember this: Josh McDaniels drafted Tebow.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #18 : October 31, 2011, 09:04:49 AM »

I thought it ended with "mercy me", but if scrolling down a ways,  it continues.   Weird way to post an article with some crap in the middle of it splitting it in 2.

I watched a video with that guy.   He is anti tebow from day one and his buddy is pro tebow.    So he was ribbing his counterpart about it.   If his counterpart says that about Tebow, then it's a story.

The Shadow

Starter

« #19 : October 31, 2011, 09:10:55 AM »

I've often found that reading the whole article avoids this kind of thing but the facts are screaming that the writer is correct. You can choose to "have faith" if you wish however. You're gonna need a ton of it.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #20 : October 31, 2011, 09:15:18 AM »

They should sit him, let the crazyness settle down.  Don't they still have Brady Quinn?

They can't sit him. They HAVE to let his guy play the rest of the season. If he stinks, they have to let him stink hard so fans can forget about Tebow mania and move on. This had to happen especially when he was taken in the first round. If he is going to improve at all they have to give him time to figure it out.

Perspective: Yesterday was his 5 start. Not many QBs are good at their 5th start. Let's not over criticize this guy based on his very short play time. As much as the "believers" go to far with how good he is, let's not go the other way with how bad he is. And he is very very bad right now, but is also very very young and was not even close to NFL ready when he got drafted so his learning curve is going to be much longer. Not sure he'll ever arrive.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

The Shadow

Starter

« #21 : October 31, 2011, 09:21:24 AM »

I agree to that BucNY.  No way they can sit him now. If he ever does "arrive", it will be on the wings of angels. They should get into the Luck sweepstakes quickly.

The Shadow

Starter

« #22 : October 31, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »

Even John Fox has his questions about this decision.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/31/john-fox-not-ready-to-name-broncos-starter-yet/

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #23 : October 31, 2011, 09:47:40 AM »

I agree to that BucNY.  No way they can sit him now. If he ever does "arrive", it will be on the wings of angels. They should get into the Luck sweepstakes quickly.

Well after watching this guy the last 2 weeks he's been sacked 14 times in 2 games. He had 2 additional turnovers yesterday. He was inaccurate but more importantly looked very very uncomfortable in the pocket.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

The Shadow

Starter

« #24 : October 31, 2011, 09:57:10 AM »

I've seen a quite a bit  of those 2 games as well. They may be rooting for him personally, for his religion/beliefs or his sheer awesomeness but not for his skills as a NFL QB. They just aren't there. Bad footwork, inaccurate throws and poor decisions are what I've seen with my own two eyes.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

« #25 : October 31, 2011, 10:41:03 AM »

never in the history of the league has there been a QB expected to play like a veteran in his first few starts like this. It's rediculous. Give the kid a chance to go through the growing pains like every other QB has been granted.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« #26 : October 31, 2011, 11:42:36 AM »

Lions defender on Tebow: “That’s your quarterback? Seriously?”

Source:   PFT
Posted by Mike Florio on October 31, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT

As Biblical figures go, Broncos Tim Tebow most often is compared to the Main Character of the New Testament (whose middle initial may or may not be “H”).  As Tebow’s pro football career is going, perhaps he’s best likened to one of the many leading men of the Old Testament.

Job.

Tebow is facing a torrent of criticism after Sunday’s butt-ugly loss to the Lions, both from within Denver and from the team that dismantled Tebow and the Broncos.

An unnamed Lions defender shared this assessment of Tebow with Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports:  “Can you believe 15?  Come on – that’s embarrassing.  I mean, it’s a joke.  We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn’t do anything.  In the second half it got boring out there.  We were like, ‘Come on – that’s your quarterback? Seriously?’”

Defensive end Cliff Avril was a bit more restrained.  “As long as he felt our pressure, he was gonna make crazy decisions.”

And defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, referring to a controversial Friday headline from NFL.com that couched the Lions-Broncos game as a battle of good vs. evil, put it, “Evil prevails.”

As explained in the Week Eight Monday 10-pack, it’s time for the Broncos to begin planning the next chapter of the Book of Tebow.  And if the goal is for the Heisman winner to continue playing football in the NFL, the story will begin with an exodus to a new position.

BuccaNova

Starter
« #27 : October 31, 2011, 08:54:39 PM »

Ndamukong Suh, “Evil prevails.”

Yeah, I do wish we had that guy.  Speaking of evil, Tebow's headin' to the Black Hole...

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #28 : October 31, 2011, 09:31:03 PM »

Yeah, I do wish we had that guy.  Speaking of evil, Tebow's headin' to the Black Hole...

And i already picked up the Raiders' defense

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #29 : October 31, 2011, 09:37:11 PM »

And i already picked up the Raiders' defense

Let them keep starting him and you keep grabbing his opposing defenses.. LOL
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Denver Post calls Tebow worst quarterback in league « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools