Boards > Pirate's Cove

Customer paid for groceries with food stamps, walked into parking lot and...

(1/125) > >>

BucNY:
Get's into a Cadillac DTS. I would estimate it to be a 2008 or 2009.

I stood behind this guy in the grocery store and noticed how he was paying. I checked out quickly and decided to see what kind of vehicle he got in. Not sure why I decided to do this but it really pissed me off.

Doesn't matter what year it is, it's a better vehicle than I own and I'm buying him groceries? This is why people want to stop the handouts. I have no problem giving some of my hard earned check to help those in need. It gets to a point where I feel taken advantage of enough that I no longer am okay with it. So many people scamming the system out there.

BucNY:
Lol, I should assume he's borrowing it? That's as much of a jump as me assuming he's the owner. Although I think it's more reasonable to believe that a person driving a car by himself owns the car.

BucfanNC12:

--- Quote from: BucNY on November 01, 2011, 09:14:33 AM ---Get's into a Cadillac DTS. I would estimate it to be a 2008 or 2009.

I stood behind this guy in the grocery store and noticed how he was paying. I checked out quickly and decided to see what kind of vehicle he got in. Not sure why I decided to do this but it really pissed me off.

Doesn't matter what year it is, it's a better vehicle than I own and I'm buying him groceries? This is why people want to stop the handouts. I have no problem giving some of my hard earned check to help those in need. It gets to a point where I feel taken advantage of enough that I no longer am okay with it. So many people scamming the system out there.

--- End quote ---

Workmens Compensation is not different. Whenever there is an entitlement, people are going to take advantage.

BucNY:

--- Quote from: morgan on November 01, 2011, 09:39:53 AM ---My point is you don't know.

Mind your own business.

Stop being judgmental.

--- End quote ---

Judgmental? Because I'd like to know how someone who drives a very nice car needs gov't benefits to get food? No, sorry, I don't think so.

Mind my own business? Because I'm being a snoop if I'd like to figure out if he really needs the money or is just a scam artist. Again, sorry, I don't think so.

I'm of the opinion that gov't programs that give people money for housing, food, health insurance do not come with no strings attached.

If your child asks for $20 do you not ask them for what? Do you not ask them what happened to the last $20 you gave them? Guess not, to nosy. I know, its different because no one EVER misuses government handouts. No one ever gets welfare and works under the table. No one ever claims less than they actually make.

So here are food stamps you can use for your food. You can use your own money for your caddy.

3rd String Kicker:

--- Quote from: BucNY on November 01, 2011, 09:14:33 AM ---Get's into a Cadillac DTS. I would estimate it to be a 2008 or 2009.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that was me, you should have said hi! I was on my way to Red Lobster after I dropped off my free groceries. By the way, did you notice the Lamborghini doors on my Caddy? They cost a pretty penny.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version