Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Customer paid for groceries with food stamps, walked into parking lot and... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 42

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#420 : March 19, 2013, 07:44:45 PM

INteresting article on the cost of various programs the Federal Government has established.  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/18/welfare-spending-jumps-32-percent-four-years/?page=all

Of particular interest - Federal spending on more than 80 low-income assistance programs reached $746 billion in 2011, and state spending on those programs brought the total to $1.03 trillion, according to figures from the Congressional Research Service and the Senate Budget Committee.

: March 19, 2013, 07:46:59 PM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#421 : March 19, 2013, 07:50:33 PM

INteresting article on the cost of various programs the Federal Government has established.  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/18/welfare-spending-jumps-32-percent-four-years/?page=all

Of particular interest - Federal spending on more than 80 low-income assistance programs reached $746 billion in 2011, and state spending on those programs brought the total to $1.03 trillion, according to figures from the Congressional Research Service and the Senate Budget Committee.

But .....but  ....the Useful Idiot said it only cost 10 dollars !!!!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#422 : March 19, 2013, 07:55:01 PM

The question I was answering was about the food stamp program, you mongoloid. Dbuc's article is about every social program under the sun, including SS, Medicare, and Medicaid. Try working on that reading comprehension, and then maybe you can finally understand what a borderline fascist is, and why you worship them ever so cultishly.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#423 : March 19, 2013, 07:58:14 PM

The question I was answering was about the food stamp program, you mongoloid. Dbuc's article is about every social program under the sun, including SS, Medicare, and Medicaid. Try working on that reading comprehension, and then maybe you can finally understand what a borderline fascist is, and why you worship them ever so cultishly.

U mad , COmrade ?

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#424 : March 19, 2013, 08:05:30 PM

"I can't verify for certain, but reports suggest that it's about 750 million dollars yearly, which is enough to fund the war in Afghanistan for about 2 days."

If this is accurate then you'll need to excuse my profound apathy when it comes to Cadillacs and food stamps.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#425 : March 19, 2013, 08:44:27 PM

Actually I don't believe the dollar values used in the article include social security or medicare.  It would include as noted specifically medicaid.  I do recall a presidential promise to ferret out 50-100 billion in fraud within that program - unclear why that would be sensible.  Perhaps that is the only Federal Social program that suffers from such fraud.  And to follow up on that - the Federal Government does appear to be active in investigating Medicare Fraud - articles on such activities hit the news from time to time with the FBI doing the investigations.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/10/18/102171/welfare-fraud-has-dropped-due.html  And Fraud Investigative services do exist already - and purport to be effective in limiting overall fraud.  Some feel their statistical evaluations are a bit wanting.

"Neither the counties nor Social Services has performed any meaningful analyses" to determine whether their anti-fraud efforts have saved money, the California State Auditor's report says. Although ongoing investigations "likely help deter fraud, there is no way to measure this deterrence with any certainty," it said.

If the fraud is a small as some characterize perhaps the investigators are unnecessary....
: March 19, 2013, 09:07:09 PM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

spartan

Hall of Famer
#426 : March 19, 2013, 10:32:54 PM

Just out of curiosity, how much money out of your wallet do you think goes to pay for food stamps? I'll give you a hint. The average person probably loses more in the cushion's of their couch in a given week.

Last year the program cost $78 billion. That is a lot of cushions.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#427 : March 19, 2013, 10:54:26 PM

With all the money paid in taxes to the government the last thing we should be worried about is the money spent on our fellow citizens being fed. Many of which have paid as much in taxes as anyone else, heaven forbid they should actually see something back from the money that's been extorted from them.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#428 : March 19, 2013, 11:05:01 PM

Focus on the banksters and corporate thieves that have stolen untold wealth from the average Joe then come back and have a conversation about some poor schmuck buying a slice of baloney.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#429 : March 20, 2013, 07:19:25 AM

Just out of curiosity, how much money out of your wallet do you think goes to pay for food stamps? I'll give you a hint. The average person probably loses more in the cushion's of their couch in a given week.

But ....but.....comrade said.......reading comprehension....... and 10 dollars !!! lol

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#430 : March 20, 2013, 07:33:28 AM

Focus on the banksters and corporate thieves that have stolen untold wealth from the average Joe then come back and have a conversation about some poor schmuck buying a slice of baloney.

Corporate welfare needs to go faster than anything, agreed , however I don't think government should be in the business of feeding people either . DOes that mean people should starve ? Of course not. Plenty of charities out there who feed poor people every day . Go to the Salvation Army. I'd be willing to donate even more if I knew the government wasn't already confiscating my money for that supposed purpose , and getting a return of pennies on the dollar by the time it makes it through the bureaucracies.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#431 : March 20, 2013, 08:35:26 AM

But ....but.....comrade said.......reading comprehension....... and 10 dollars !!! lol

My bad. I was using the old figures. If that program costs 78 billion a year then that means the burden has risen significantly. It now costs the average taxpayer $16.90 a year to fund the food stamp program. Approximately 33 cents a week. You might be able to buy that DVD from Wal-Mart afterall, just so long as you stay away from the new releases.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#432 : March 20, 2013, 08:41:07 AM

Corporate welfare needs to go faster than anything, agreed , however I don't think government should be in the business of feeding people either . DOes that mean people should starve ? Of course not.

Hey, I agree with you. It  doesn't mean that people should starve, Generalissimo. It just means that people will starve. But since when has that been of any concern to a fascist like yourself?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#433 : March 20, 2013, 08:50:32 AM

Comrade is mad again... now the only thing that can possibly stave off starvation is government theft. Thanks for the insight , Useful Idiot. Maybe you should go and try to squeeze some more false statistics past us all. Maybe we wont fact check you this time . The liberty = fascism angle isn't working for you. LOL

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#434 : March 20, 2013, 09:08:04 AM

Comrade is mad again... now the only thing that can possibly stave off starvation is government theft. Thanks for the insight , Useful Idiot. Maybe you should go and try to squeeze some more false statistics past us all. Maybe we wont fact check you this time . The liberty = fascism angle isn't working for you. LOL

Who said liberty = fascism? Not me. You assume to much. For example, you assume that you are a proponent of liberty because you espouse  the rhetoric of a bunch of quasi-fascists who claim to be promoting liberty.

America has no problem with private sector donations. It leads the world in that area in relation to GDP. If there was enough being done in the private sector to end starvation, there would be no starvation, you moron. And if having to pay taxes stops or hinders you from acting on your impulse to feed the hungry, then that makes you an amoral jackass. But keep telling yourself it's someone else's fault.

Page: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 42
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Customer paid for groceries with food stamps, walked into parking lot and... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools