Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Customer paid for groceries with food stamps, walked into parking lot and... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 42

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #240 : November 17, 2012, 08:49:01 AM »

Durango,

It's an interesting question for the church, who is handing out food to random people because they wanted to donate money for the food and give it out.  But the government is giving away taxpayer dollars, so the recipients should be vetted more properly.  I can give my money to whomever I choose to.  The government is supposed to give my money to who really needs it, not the lazy sacks of crap who abuse the system.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #241 : November 17, 2012, 10:41:13 AM »

If you are unemployed or work part time, have two children, and are on assistance,

why is said person having multiple children?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #242 : November 17, 2012, 10:48:35 AM »

If you are unemployed or work part time, have two children, and are on assistance,

The government isn't giving out enough free condoms.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #243 : November 17, 2012, 11:27:04 AM »

I thought the government had graduated from Free Condoms to Free Birth Control pills.  So much free stuff - I can't keep up - where's my Barryphone...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #244 : November 17, 2012, 11:29:21 AM »

because it's the american dream. Why does Romney have more kids than Obama? Evil bastards.
Are you an only child?

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #245 : November 17, 2012, 11:33:14 AM »

I thought the government had graduated from Free Condoms to Free Birth Control pills.  So much free stuff - I can't keep up - where's my Barryphone...
the right wing juvenile sarcasm makes Obama's victory that much sweeter. Like baby rays bbq sauce..mmhhh, hhmmmm

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #246 : November 17, 2012, 11:33:59 AM »

because it's the american dream. Why does Romney have more kids than Obama? Evil bastards.
Are you an only child?

Do bright colors distract you?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #247 : November 17, 2012, 11:38:44 AM »

the right wing juvenile sarcasm makes Obama's victory that much sweeter. Like baby rays bbq sauce..mmhhh, hhmmmm
is it sarcasm if it is true?  maybe - but kind of iffy

sar·casm   [sahr-kaz-uhm]  noun
1.harsh or bitter derision or irony.  No - was harsh, bitter nor ironic....
2.a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.  surely wasn't sharp, sneering or cutting.

I think sarcasm is a miss in this instance wreck ship

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #248 : November 17, 2012, 11:54:02 AM »

Are you an only child?

thats the American dream?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #249 : November 17, 2012, 11:56:38 AM »

Because people bang each other and often times pregnancy is the result.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #250 : November 17, 2012, 12:00:33 PM »

and they are selfish and immature?

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #251 : November 17, 2012, 12:08:33 PM »

50% + divorce rate says some are? are you an only child.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #252 : November 17, 2012, 12:23:58 PM »

In an effort to end this pointless back and forth, the fact that they have kids is irrelevant to the point. I actually only tossed in the kids because it raises the amount of assistance a person is eligible for. A single, mature, unselfish person who wears condoms still can't make it on $7.25 in hour without needing some kind of assistance in the face of rising costs. They will still need to eat, pay rent, pay utilities, find transportation, and to apparently, purchase condoms, and $855 a month doesn't cover even that single, mature, unselfish person's expenses. In fact, people like that are even more of an example of why the minimum wage needs to be increased to meet inflation, because it would be even easier for someone in that situation to survive off of $10.55 an hour without requiring assistance than it would someone who had dependents.
« : November 17, 2012, 12:26:31 PM CBWx2 »

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
« #253 : November 17, 2012, 12:26:29 PM »

Durango,

It's an interesting question for the church, who is handing out food to random people because they wanted to donate money for the food and give it out.  But the government is giving away taxpayer dollars, so the recipients should be vetted more properly.  I can give my money to whomever I choose to.  The government is supposed to give my money to who really needs it, not the lazy sacks of crap who abuse the system.

Of course the devil is always in the details. One would have to be a fool to defend those that abuse and take advantage of the system. I don't know what the projections are in terms of abuse but I would like to find out. Regardless, there will always be some that will do it and it would be impossible to weed out every scam artist but I know I am not losing sleep over the matter. What's more important to me is that my tax dollars are actually going to helping those in need.

What's also imporatnt to keep in mind is that it's not just people like you and me that pay into the system but a lot of people on these government assistance programs have also spent much of their lives paying in as well.

As far as th church goes I know it's a Protestant church of some desrcript but really don't know much about them outside of that. I know my friend sold them the property at a discounted rate and they haven't even built their building yet but have already started this free grocery program. I was impressed by that.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
« #254 : November 17, 2012, 12:34:38 PM »

What an obnoxious remark.

I'm going to assume you are not currently on government assistance. But if you do have children and suddenly found yourself in need would you second guess yourself for having kids? I know I would never be obnoxious enough to dare ask you that same question.

I would simply say ..."There but for the grace of God go I".

Maybe you should take on board that these things could happen to anyone of us including you and be thankful you are not in that situation.
« : November 17, 2012, 12:39:04 PM Durango 95 »
  Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 42
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Customer paid for groceries with food stamps, walked into parking lot and... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools