Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LSU BAMA « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 06, 2011, 11:52:29 PM

lol at people thinking this game would be anything but a defensive minded game. Both teams have allowed under 10 TDs on the year.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 07, 2011, 01:53:18 AM

I hope we do play Oklahoma as Big Choke Bob would give us another National Championship. If we play Boise we will shut their little aging asses up and Stanford well let's just say we would expose Luck. Oklahoma State has a great offense but we would punch em in their mouth on offense and defense. In all honesty the only team left that worries me is Arkansas.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 07, 2011, 12:24:50 PM

In all honesty the only team left that worries me is Arkansas.

Or a Bama rematch

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 07, 2011, 03:50:12 PM

LSU vs Boise St or Okl St. would be a great game.  I for one don't want to see another game between LSU and Bama.....boring. 

I still think Boise is going to make it this year......this is their year to go, win or lose.  If not, they will be eligible for Social Security next season ;D

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 07, 2011, 03:55:12 PM

LSU vs Boise St or Okl St. would be a great game.  I for one don't want to see another game between LSU and Bama.....boring. 

I still think Boise is going to make it this year......this is their year to go, win or lose.  If not, they will be eligible for Social Security next season ;D

I would rather see LSU vs. anyone not named Alabama. Been there..done that. If you dont win your conference...you shouldnt play in the national title game.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 07, 2011, 04:04:07 PM

Don't see how anyone can say that game was boring. Every play mattered. Every flag, every dropped pass, every missed kick it all mattered. When a illegal substitution flag is a game changer, that is a close exciting edge of your seat game. There were at least 10 different plays where you could say if LSU doesn't______ or if Bama does _____ it would have been a different outcome.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 07, 2011, 04:20:45 PM

Don't see how anyone can say that game was boring. Every play mattered. Every flag, every dropped pass, every missed kick it all mattered. When a illegal substitution flag is a game changer, that is a close exciting edge of your seat game. There were at least 10 different plays where you could say if LSU doesn't______ or if Bama does _____ it would have been a different outcome.

On a neutral field...LSU wins by 15+....Been there...done that. 

LSU: "Next, Please"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 08, 2011, 08:12:30 PM

Funny, if this were a Florida team

They would have scored a TD on Alabama.

Ha!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 13, 2011, 11:25:29 AM

So now what? Stanford and BSU both lost. If Ok St loses to OK (very possible), do we get a rematch or 1 loss OK or Oregon (also a rematch)?

imo, Bama is the next best team and by a wide margin
: November 13, 2011, 11:27:54 AM John Galt?

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 13, 2011, 02:19:51 PM

i dont care what happens, alabama and LSU SHOULD NOT get a rematch. alabama couldnt even win the west, much less the conference. that would be an absolute sham and a joke. most likely it will be LSU and Oklahoma. alabama hasnt had that tough of a schedule. the only halfway decent ooc game was penn state who is not very good anyway. Oklahoma stomped texas, went to tallahassee and beat #5 FSU, beat ranked tamu, beat ranked kstate, and would have a win over #2 oklahoma state. better resume if you ask me

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 13, 2011, 08:49:27 PM

Agreed. The winner of OSU v. OU on Dec. 3(pending they both win up to that date) should be playing LSU in the Championship...no question.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 14, 2011, 10:59:03 AM

No question??

Well, let me throw this wrench in the works. Ok beats Ok State, Nov. 25 Bama beats Auburn, LSU goes to #6 Arkansas whose only loss is to Bama. Ark pulls the upset??? Now with Ark, LSU, and Bama all 7-1 in the SECW, the 3 way tie is decided by BCS rankings (8th tie breaker since all 3 only loss is to each other) so Bama wins the west. Bama beat UGa @ Atlanta.

Now what??

Bama would have quality wins vs Penn St. Ark, Auburn, UGa
LSU wold have quality wins vs Ore, Auburn, Bama but didn't win its division/conference
Arkansas would have quality wins vs Auburn, SC, and LSU but no div/conf title
OK would have quality wins vs Tex, K-St, Baylor, Ok St., FSU
Oregon is back in the mix with wins at Az St. and Stanford but got trounced by LSU

I'd argue that Bama and LSU are still the 2 best teams in the country and since their games was decided in OT-do it over. OK vs any of the SEC teams-we've all seen that.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 14, 2011, 12:35:08 PM

Here is why I do not think Alabama deserves a rematch:  LSU beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa and why should they get a rematch when LSU had to play an extra game vs Georgia (assuming LSU beats Arkansas which has me more nervous than any other game this year).

Now if LSU were to lose to Arkansas and Oklahoma beats Oklahoma State I agree an Alabama LSU National Championship Game is warranted.  Say what you want but Bama and LSU are the two best teams by far, Oklahoma State only gets in there if they win out and Bama only gets in if LSU loses.

Oregon, Boise State, Oklahoma, etc are not in the same class as LSU and Bama.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 14, 2011, 01:38:10 PM

Agreed. The winner of OSU v. OU on Dec. 3(pending they both win up to that date) should be playing LSU in the Championship...no question.

Oklahoma lost to a Texas Tech at home, a team who is next-to-last in the Big 12.  You can keep ignoring that one fact if you want, but it's going to look bad on Oklahoma for the rest of the season - especially if TT keeps losing.

Alabama and Oregon lost to the best team in the country.  I'm guessing Oregon had the edge on both Oklahoma and Alabama if they all win out, because Oregon still has USC, Oregon State, and the Pac12 championship game left.  Alabama only has Ga. Southern and Auburn left.  They might fall in the BCS while the other two teams player tougher opponents and rise, if they win.  Oklahoma does still have Baylor and Ok. State left on their schedule, so they aren't out of it by any means.  But that loss to Texas Tech (at home) looms large in the equation.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 14, 2011, 01:55:11 PM

It's just clear the NCAA and BCS has a lot of flaws as let's say LSU, Bama, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Boise St, Arkansas and Oregon finish with one loss, then what? Obviously LSU deserves the first bid with a tougher schedule in beating Bama at Bama, Oregon on a neutral field and West Virginia at WVU.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LSU BAMA « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools