Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LSU BAMA « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 14, 2011, 07:00:18 PM

Agreed. The winner of OSU v. OU on Dec. 3(pending they both win up to that date) should be playing LSU in the Championship...no question.

Oklahoma lost to a Texas Tech at home, a team who is next-to-last in the Big 12.  You can keep ignoring that one fact if you want, but it's going to look bad on Oklahoma for the rest of the season - especially if TT keeps losing.

Alabama and Oregon lost to the best team in the country.  I'm guessing Oregon had the edge on both Oklahoma and Alabama if they all win out, because Oregon still has USC, Oregon State, and the Pac12 championship game left.  Alabama only has Ga. Southern and Auburn left.  They might fall in the BCS while the other two teams player tougher opponents and rise, if they win.  Oklahoma does still have Baylor and Ok. State left on their schedule, so they aren't out of it by any means.  But that loss to Texas Tech (at home) looms large in the equation.
Isn't that kind of a double-edged sword, though? Yeah, Oklahoma lost to a lousy team, but if you're trying to prove yourself as a good team, wouldn't you rather explain a loss as a fluke you just didn't bring the intensity for rather than losing to a good team when you just weren't good enough?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 14, 2011, 10:01:44 PM

Isn't that kind of a double-edged sword, though? Yeah, Oklahoma lost to a lousy team, but if you're trying to prove yourself as a good team, wouldn't you rather explain a loss as a fluke you just didn't bring the intensity for rather than losing to a good team when you just weren't good enough?

I don't think so.  Maybe if you're arguing against Oregon, since LSU pretty much handled them from the get-go.  But Alabama's loss in OT is much, much stronger.

I mean, it wasn't some fluke victory for Texas Tech.  Oklahoma was at home, in a prime time game, and losing 24-7 at halftime then 31-7 shortly after halftime.  It took a big-time comeback for Oklahoma to even make that game close.  They were flat-out getting whooped.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 14, 2011, 11:14:01 PM

I don't think so.  Maybe if you're arguing against Oregon, since LSU pretty much handled them from the get-go.  But Alabama's loss in OT is much, much stronger.

I mean, it wasn't some fluke victory for Texas Tech.  Oklahoma was at home, in a prime time game, and losing 24-7 at halftime then 31-7 shortly after halftime.  It took a big-time comeback for Oklahoma to even make that game close.  They were flat-out getting whooped.

To be fair, OU's top DB Fleming, MLB Wort and RB Whaley. Fleming would have faired better than Gabe Lynn against Alex Torres who once Lynn was pulled and the Safety Colvin was moved from safety to CB..was shut down. Gabe Lynn was essentailly Tim Wansley in that game. It was really a perfect storm of Jones being inaccurate...backup kicker missing two chipshot FGs including a late 29 yard miss...injuries to top defenders....and a nearly 2 hour storm delay caused that game to be not nearly filled to capacity.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#33 : November 15, 2011, 05:24:41 PM

same debate a few yrs ago with Missagain and OSU.  The Board consensus back then (tilted heavily towards the SEC) was no Nat Championship if you cant win your own conference.  Not sure why this year would be any different.  Unless of course this board was heavily tilted towards the SEC :)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 15, 2011, 07:16:17 PM

same debate a few yrs ago with Missagain and OSU.  The Board consensus back then (tilted heavily towards the SEC) was no Nat Championship if you cant win your own conference.  Not sure why this year would be any different.  Unless of course this board was heavily tilted towards the SEC :)

I thought the board consensus was both of those teams were highly overrated.  Turns out, the board was right.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 15, 2011, 08:14:18 PM

I thought the board consensus was both of those teams were highly overrated.  Turns out, the board was right.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 16, 2011, 12:29:39 AM

In the end Bama had the good luck to lose one week before Stanford and Boise. If they'd played in reverse order then Bama'd be bleow them in the human polls and that element of the computer polls would hurt them. Ahhhh, more glory that is the idiocy of the BCS system.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#37 : November 17, 2011, 11:22:00 AM

I'd prefer to see arkansas upset lsu.  That would
throw everything up in the air including the conf cg

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 17, 2011, 12:08:17 PM

I'd prefer to see arkansas upset lsu.  That would
throw everything up in the air including the conf cg

yeah that would be a mess-3 way tie for the SEC W.

Also, if LSU beat Ark, then lost to UGa in Atlanta, the SEC Champ would have 2 losses while LSU and Bama had only 1

ranman

Pro Bowler
#39 : November 17, 2011, 03:08:51 PM

Also pulling  for OU over OSU.  That will leave 8 or 9 teams all screaming for the bcs cg all with one loss  Would actually be a nice distraction from my waiting on the ncaa to decide what to do with tosu

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 19, 2011, 12:40:32 AM

With OSU down I am trying to recall if the BCS has some measure built in for a conference champ. After, I think,. OU got in despite not being the B12 champ I thought they awarded conference champs some bonus points that means if Bama is close to another team who actually wins their conference they should get jumped....or am I imagining this?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 19, 2011, 05:09:54 PM

Okay...now what?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 19, 2011, 07:04:09 PM

Also pulling  for OU over OSU.  That will leave 8 or 9 teams all screaming for the bcs cg all with one loss  Would actually be a nice distraction from my waiting on the ncaa to decide what to do with tosu
We have been awful this year man. We don't even deserve a bowl game at this point.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 19, 2011, 09:51:05 PM

Okay...now what?

Wait for all hell to break loose if Arkansas beats LSU.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#44 : November 19, 2011, 10:58:14 PM

Okay...now what?

Wait for all hell to break loose if Arkansas beats LSU.
This is what I'm waiting for, should be good to see everything unfold.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LSU BAMA « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools