Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LSU BAMA « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#60 : November 27, 2011, 09:47:16 AM

I don't think there is any doubt that LSU and Alabama are the two best football teams in the country.  I think Oklahoma State has to blow out Oklahoma to even have a legitimate beef at #2.

I'm not so sure. Bama's only credible win (other than the incestuous SEC wins) was PSU and WIS just annihilated PSU as bad or worse than Bama did.  Bama is good but I don't think you can say based on their OOC schedule they've proven they are head and shoulders over anyone else and since they're not even the best team in their conference I find it hard to believe they're the best team to take a shot at LSU.

Why is anything based on OOC schedule?  That's only a third of the games played.

Alabama's SOS is 23rd. 
Wisconsin's SOS is 64th.

Not much contest is that's what you're going by.  Of the top teams, only Houston has a lower SOS than Wisconsin.  Even Boise State played a tougher schedule than Wisconsin.  Not to mention Wisconsin has two losses even with that weak schedule.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#61 : November 27, 2011, 10:10:28 AM

Again, I don't care about SoS rankings because that all becomes self fulling after awhile. People think the SEC is good so therefore their SoS is higher and that proves the SEC is so good.

I'm not arguing WIS should be in the title game just that you seem to think Bama is so head and shoulders that they should get a second bite at the apple and I don't think they are as other worldly as you do.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#62 : November 27, 2011, 10:16:22 AM

Again, I don't care about SoS rankings because that all becomes self fulling after awhile. People think the SEC is good so therefore their SoS is higher and that proves the SEC is so good.

This isn't true either.  When you look at all of the SOS, all of the Big 12 are viewed more favorably than the SEC.  I have no idea why, but that's the reality.

SOS

1.  Kansas
2.  Texas A&M
3.  Iowa State
4.  Texas
5.  Missouri
6.  Baylor
7.  Texas Tech
8.  Oklahoma State
9.  Kansas State
10.  Oklahoma

They literally have all of the top 10 spots.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#63 : November 27, 2011, 10:20:20 AM

I didn't say "best" I said good. There was a point with the BCS rankings that it was better for Vandy to lose to an LSU thank for a Houston to beat SMU because of the way people inherit "value" from the teams the teams they play played.

System is dumb. You can't be the national champ if you aren't the champ of your conference.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#64 : November 27, 2011, 10:31:31 AM

System is dumb. You can't be the national champ if you aren't the champ of your conference.

The St. Louis Cardinals disagree.

Usually, I'd agree with you.  But with 10+ games played by everyone, it's pretty clear that Alabama and LSU are on a different level of competition.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#65 : November 27, 2011, 11:15:07 AM

Difficult to prove the Cards or Packers since both went through a playoff system.  My opinion, Bama had their chance on their home field and couldnt do it.  Let's see if Okie State or someone else can.  What would the argument be if Bamacould beat lsu?  Would their be a call for a tie breaker.  Silly system should be blown up. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#66 : November 27, 2011, 11:25:31 AM

This isn't true either.  When you look at all of the SOS, all of the Big 12 are viewed more favorably than the SEC.  I have no idea why, but that's the reality.

SOS

1.  Kansas
2.  Texas A&M
3.  Iowa State
4.  Texas
5.  Missouri
6.  Baylor
7.  Texas Tech
8.  Oklahoma State
9.  Kansas State
10.  Oklahoma

Link?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#67 : November 27, 2011, 11:30:03 AM

My opinion, Bama had their chance on their home field and couldnt do it.  Let's see if Okie State or someone else can.

I understand that position, but then Alabama is being punished for it's one loss being to the best team in the country while OK. State is being rewarded for losing to Iowa State.

I think if Oklahoma State comes out and beats the crap out of Oklahoma, they might jump idle Alabama.  But they have to really dominate Oklahoma to even be considered IMO.

Honestly, with the current situation, I might rather see undefeated Houston get it's shot at the National Championship - even though they'll get creamed.  Because I think Alabama is the most worth team to play LSU, but like you said - they already had their chance at #1.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#68 : November 29, 2011, 01:19:47 AM

My opinion, Bama had their chance on their home field and couldnt do it.  Let's see if Okie State or someone else can.

I understand that position, but then Alabama is being punished for it's one loss being to the best team in the country while OK. State is being rewarded for losing to Iowa State.

I think if Oklahoma State comes out and beats the crap out of Oklahoma, they might jump idle Alabama.  But they have to really dominate Oklahoma to even be considered IMO.

Honestly, with the current situation, I might rather see undefeated Houston get it's shot at the National Championship - even though they'll get creamed.  Because I think Alabama is the most worth team to play LSU, but like you said - they already had their chance at #1.

Actually Bama is insanely being rewarded for losing one week before OSU and Stanford. Much like Oregon and OU were "in line" to play because they lost early and had been recovering all losses aren't created equal because an early loss lets you reclimb the polls while late losses are always killers.  Put another way if team X loses to LSU in week 1 and team Y loses to LSU in week 10 team X will be the one playing for the national title all other things being equal.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#69 : November 29, 2011, 10:29:51 AM

Actually Bama is insanely being rewarded for losing one week before OSU and Stanford.

I agree with you last point, but I'd say OSU and Stanford losing to lesser opponents have more to do with it than the timing.  If all three of those teams lose on the same day to the opponents they lost to, Alabama's loss would still be looked upon more favorably.

So who do you think should play LSU?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#70 : December 04, 2011, 10:10:30 AM

SOS

1.  Kansas
2.  Texas A&M
3.  Iowa State
4.  Texas
5.  Missouri
6.  Baylor
7.  Texas Tech
8.  Oklahoma State
9.  Kansas State
10.  Oklahoma

Link?

Sorry, I just saw this.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Those rankings have been adjusted after this past week's games.

Well Ok. State certainly laid an arse-whippin' on overrated Oklahoma.  They've thrown themselves in the conversation with Alabama.  Honestly, there are valid point for each to go and valid points for each not to go.  Gonna be interesting to see who gets the nod.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#71 : December 04, 2011, 11:30:40 AM

SOS

1.  Kansas
2.  Texas A&M
3.  Iowa State
4.  Texas
5.  Missouri
6.  Baylor
7.  Texas Tech
8.  Oklahoma State
9.  Kansas State
10.  Oklahoma

Link?

Sorry, I just saw this.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Those rankings have been adjusted after this past week's games.

Well Ok. State certainly laid an arse-whippin' on overrated Oklahoma.  They've thrown themselves in the conversation with Alabama.  Honestly, there are valid point for each to go and valid points for each not to go.  Gonna be interesting to see who gets the nod.

That it should be.

RaysBucsnBolts

Second String

#72 : December 04, 2011, 11:39:18 AM

I found Gundy's post game conference to be extremely funny.  He basically said "vote for OSU if you want to see a high scoring game"

LOL.  He thinks he is going to have a high scoring game against LSU.  LSU's defense made Oregon look like a high school team.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#73 : December 04, 2011, 12:07:56 PM

LSU has played the #3, #12, #15, and #16 scoring Offenses and only 1 scored over 20pts.

RaysBucsnBolts

Second String

#74 : December 04, 2011, 12:12:47 PM

LSU has played the #3, #12, #15, and #16 scoring Offenses and only 1 scored over 20pts.

Exactly.  That is pretty amazing.  If OSU gets in over bama, LSU's defense will eat them.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LSU BAMA « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools