Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: King Calls Gruden "inherently dishonest" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 02, 2011, 06:41:02 PM

Nobody was happier than me the day Gruden was hired. Unfortunately, 3 yrs later i was ready for him to leave. Thank God those cheap Glazer scraped up enough coin to pay him to go away.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 02, 2011, 06:43:44 PM

I think the array of players that didn't have good things to say about Gruden, and King obviously isn't alone, speaks a lot to what sort of character or lack there-of, he had.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 02, 2011, 07:05:55 PM

Nothing new here... move along.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#33 : November 02, 2011, 07:21:15 PM

Stopped listening to Shaun King awhile ago....lost credibility after he was arrested.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 02, 2011, 07:31:53 PM

It's clear Key and King are whiners, so to me it makes perfect sense. Gruden saw it too, so instead of telling two whiners things that might upset them and then have to deal with endless crying...he simply told them what they wanted to hear and moved on, whether it was the truth or not. I love it. At least Key had SOME talent (though nowhere near as much as he thought), King just sounds bitter and it's obvious he's looking for others to blame for his own mediocrity.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 02, 2011, 08:25:44 PM

Stopped listening to Shaun King awhile ago....lost credibility after he was arrested.

Way to take the lowest and most thoughtless road, Morgan.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 02, 2011, 08:57:16 PM

King is a Tool. However, even tools can be right about something every once in awhile.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 02, 2011, 09:30:32 PM

Excuse my redundancy, but I'll repeat what I wrote in another thread..

"Gramatica falls apart, psychologically.

Sapp, still waiting for Gruden to call him back.

McCardell, said the coach was a liar.

Lynch, released unceremoniously "not" passing physical. Left feeling like he was dealt with dishonestlly. Picked up right away and productive in Denver.

Keyshawn, a highly productive receiver, released because he could not be dealt with.

Thomas Jones, shows he is productive, then we let him walk.

Charlie Garner.

Galloway, can't get him on field with Bryant.

Alstott, talks about loving what the guy brings, but then won't use him.

Bruce Gradkowski...

Garcia/Griese? Won't decide on starter.

Rob Johnson... lol

Going after Favre...

Don't miss it. "

What really bothers me is how so many of Buc "fans" watched so many cherished players get mistreated, and ALWAYS defended the coach.. Sickening, honestly.

Joe Jurevicous had less than kind words about Gruden as well, he just didn't go public with it. I heard them for myself, and it was one of those "wow" moments to hear the intensity in which he ripped Gruden. It was clearly a severe dislike of the man that was from the heart and very passionate.

It makes you wonder, doesn't it? Usually players never go public with these kind of issues, but Gruden definitely rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Could be why the chemistry was never there after his first year. He was a locker room cancer and he had interaction with every player.

I agree with NOtdeadyet, he could be a good OC as long as he had no personnel control.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 02, 2011, 09:32:04 PM

Nobody was happier than me the day Gruden was hired. Unfortunately, 3 yrs later i was ready for him to leave. Thank God those cheap Glazer scraped up enough coin to pay him to go away.

LOL.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 02, 2011, 11:09:30 PM

hmmm.... interesting perspective:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/45136261#45136261

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#40 : November 02, 2011, 11:22:31 PM

Quote from: ProFootballTalk
Meanwhile, and in all fairness to Gruden, well wait for one or more of his former players to publicly declare that Gruden is inherently honest.

Didn't McCardell and Sapp do that already??
No I believe Sapp has repeatedly stated that he told Gruden over the phone that he would give the Buccs a home town discount to come back. Gruden said "hold on I'll call you right back. Let me call Bruce" and that's when Sapp usually drops the punch line with a big smile and says, "I'm still waiting for that call from Jon Gruden."

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#41 : November 02, 2011, 11:32:26 PM

1. Gruden didn't lose the lockerroom. That's nonsense. He lost a variety of underachieving players, none of whom ever did anything anywhere else after they left. Coincidence?
2. King was lazy with what limited talent he had. The point could be made that choosing him over Dilfer cost the Bucs the 1999 NFC title game. Gruden knew what he was and there was nothing to lose.
Situations change. When a coach says vague things like ''You're my player'' that doesn't mean forever. Should the Bucs have picked Rodgers? Obviously. We'll never know the exact dynamic regarding why they didn't pick him. But is lying when it comes to draft picks all that unique? It happens constantly.
Bottom line is that Gruden is making really good money and certain types of players (has-beens) want to blame him for their demise.
Ryan, you made a good point that I don't think we can deny. Jon may have been trying to be positive by making certain promises, but since he didn't have control over the situation, it wound up backfiring on him bigtime with players who YEARS later are calling him a liar. It's not so much that he didn't keep his promise; it wasn't his to keep. So he overstepped his bounds more than was dishonest.
I didn't draw that conclusion on Adams. There's a worst-case scenario with every player (death) and we found it twice in our history (Adams and Ricky Bell). It's incredible to think how history may have played out differently if they didn't get sick.
As for Gruden, there were a lot of guys who were going to be in decline all at ONCE. Good situation to maximize short-run potential, but bad one to deal with all the fallout. Ironically, Dungy missed having to deal with that twice. He got out just in time in Tampa and just in time in Indy so that he smells like a rose in the long run.
These posts above are the ramblings of a delusional man. Gruden will not coach again in the NFL, unless there becomes a drought of real coaching candidates and some desperate team gives him a shot to almost destroy their franchise.

Repeat the wise words of ABuccsFan, the words he has been saying for years. Gruden is a fraud and the most overrated coach in NFL History!!!!!! What do Jon Gruden, George Seifert, and Barry Switzer have in common? They all won a SuperBowl despite being horrible Head Coaches, and leaving their dominant teams that were handed to them in shambles.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/ABuccsFan/100_2675.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/ABuccsFan/100_2677.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/ABuccsFan/100_2679.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/ABuccsFan/100_2678.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/ABuccsFan/100_2680.jpg

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 02, 2011, 11:40:40 PM

Uh oh.... the burning book has made a reappearance!!!

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#43 : November 02, 2011, 11:42:22 PM

The new coach and players must really suck if the fans of this team are spending this much effort talking about a coach who hasn't been here in 3 years. Who really **CENSORED**ing cares what all these ex-players have to say about an ex-coach. Seems to me real fans would be focused on the current team and coaching staff, but there's always those few posters who have to take this board to even lower levels of suckage looking for bad press on the ex-coach. Time to focus on the current team. 

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 02, 2011, 11:45:16 PM

Are you incapable of multi-tasking??

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: King Calls Gruden "inherently dishonest" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools