Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris......" I'll go Belichick on you guys.'' « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: November 03, 2011, 07:03:21 PM

Freeman's thumb sprain doesn't concern Bucs' coaches

By ROY CUMMINGS| The Tampa Tribune
Published: November 03, 2011

TAMPA --

The sight of Tampa Bay quarterback Josh Freeman doing an interview with the NFL Network with tape wrapped around his right thumb left some Buccaneers and fantasy football fans concerned about his availability for this week's game against at New Orleans.

All those concerned can stop worrying. Although he will be added to the injury report, Freeman is fine, according to head coach Raheem Morris and offensive coordinator Greg Olson.

"He sprained it in the Chicago game (Oct. 23), came in and practiced during the bye week and didn't miss anything this week,'' Morris said. "I can make a big deal out of it if you want me to.''

Morris suggested the Saints sparked the controversy by questioning why Freeman was not listed on the Wednesday injury report if he was wearing any kind of bandage.

"Ask the Saints, they reported it," Morris said when first asked about Freeman's thumb injury. Morris later joked about the situation, saying: "You know, he might not be playing against the Saints, I don't know. I'll go Belichick on you guys.''

That was a reference to New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who has a reputation for being extremely coy about injured players, even when their status for an upcoming game is common knowledge.

Freeman has not missed any practice time because of the thumb sprain, which he received midway through the loss to the Bears in London.

When asked whether it was a concern, Olson flatly said, "No.''

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 03, 2011, 07:11:24 PM

inb4 Java says Morris could never go Belichick

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 03, 2011, 07:24:05 PM

agree its like a broken record.

Java: Morris sucks

a bunch of other people: I disagree! you suck!

Happens pretty much every thread and one of the most predictable things in message board history.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 03, 2011, 07:24:50 PM

Saints are punks!!! Running and whinning to Goodell!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 03, 2011, 09:57:33 PM

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 03, 2011, 10:08:49 PM

-When asked whether it was a concern, Olson flatly said, "No.''

No surprise there. Even with a 100% healthy QB he doesn't call "pass" plays. Might as well throw it underhanded.. ::)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 03, 2011, 11:57:01 PM

I think Belichick is the master of coachspeak, bar none.  Morris is the total opposite.  But I like his candid comments.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 04, 2011, 12:15:43 AM

I think Belichick is the master of coachspeak, bar none.  Morris is the total opposite.  But I like his candid comments.
Andy Reid is also pretty good at not giving away ANY information.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 04, 2011, 06:45:03 AM

Belichick was given 2 rules of advice from his father.  1. Work hard and 2. keep your mouth shut. 

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 04, 2011, 08:43:29 AM

Saints are punks!!! Running and whinning to Goodell!

A bit nervous?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris......" I'll go Belichick on you guys.'' « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools