Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time to write off Gerald McCoy « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #120 : December 28, 2012, 11:00:22 AM »

He still has a lot to do IMO
Certainly.  He's still young.

.........He's a tick above average, no more.
Ludicrous.  He doesn't look like a HoF calibur player, and that is, of course, what you're hoping for when you draft a guy that high.  But when he's able to stay on the field, he's a really, really good player.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

« #121 : December 28, 2012, 11:19:51 AM »

I guess he'd be a great Buc if Sapp had never been a Buc....He's my gauge.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #122 : December 28, 2012, 11:21:19 AM »

This is just one of many many examples of why I'm glad that fans and posters of this board have no real say in what goes on. Knee jerk reaction would be an understatement of many posts on this board. Injury prone, cut him, write him off to pro bowl. Laughable really.

That should be the new name of PR.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #123 : December 28, 2012, 12:45:14 PM »

This is just one of many many examples of why I'm glad that fans and posters of this board have no real say in what goes on.

Because this organization has been a winner over the last decade, hasn't it? Just think how the fanbase would have messed it up if it was given authority to hire/fire head coaches, draft players and sign free agens.  It would be so bad that this team would be blacked out every home game and the Bucs would have a losing record most seasons. Doubt if they'd ever see the playoffs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #124 : December 28, 2012, 12:50:55 PM »

Was hard on him as a result of his injuries,  and am very glad he stayed upright for 16 games.  I basically said he was not going to sufffer from another arm injury this year, I thought those were funky injuries.  But he was disruptive this season, part of a really trenched in group of run defenders, and am pleased to have him on the roster.  He is a stud, I am glad I can finally say it.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #125 : December 28, 2012, 12:58:25 PM »

Can't use that as a gauge.  Sapp is such a rarity in NFL history and a really unique kind of player that we will never see another guy like him.

I swear this is why Bucs fans are so messed up. We compared players to our best so any DT will look bad compared to Sapp but people rationalize Freeman because our QB history has been soooooooooo bad Freeman looks better than most.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #126 : December 28, 2012, 01:03:28 PM »

Can't use that as a gauge.  Sapp is such a rarity in NFL history and a really unique kind of player that we will never see another guy like him.

One could argue that Sapp is not just a HOFer, but GOAT at DT.  I'll be happy if McCoy continues to be disruptive, healthy, and increases his stats a bit more.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

deadzone

Hall of Famer

« #127 : December 28, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »

We're messed up because we're tired of the never ending nonsense that's thrown at us year after year after year.......

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #128 : December 23, 2013, 04:31:23 PM »

Another year, another bump for this thread.  Given the overall state of the team, I'll take the bright spots where I can.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #129 : December 23, 2013, 04:45:37 PM »

I never liked the McCoy pick, I just quit complaining about after the draft because once a guy is a Buc, he's a Buc. You gotta root for him.

Too bad you can't do the same for all Bucs...

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #130 : December 23, 2013, 04:56:10 PM »

Lol lots of fail in this thread.
Indeed

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

« #131 : December 23, 2013, 06:27:00 PM »

I remember this thread. I thought it was stupid then, but it's even more stupid now.

Considering the author used to post about wishing injuries on Buccaneer players, I'm not really surprised.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #132 : December 23, 2013, 06:29:36 PM »

I'm not writing McCoy off yet. Not with the coaches TB has I'm not.

Millard makes it better, but Rah is calling the crappy plays.

Although, if the guy gets hurt again, I'll be all aboard the glassjaw talk.

This is why I try my damnedest not to come to conclusions too soon.

I still believe it was genetics that causes his injuries. Something that didn't  show up in their family until someone played a sport at this level.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
« #133 : December 23, 2013, 06:33:34 PM »

I never liked the McCoy pick, I just quit complaining about after the draft because once a guy is a Buc, he's a Buc. You gotta root for him.

Too bad you can't do the same for all Bucs...

EXACTLY!

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #134 : December 23, 2013, 06:37:09 PM »

Told ya Suh would be dramatically better. Some of you clowns said McCoy would be better. No way, no chance. Not better quality wise, not better quantity wise. He's a 38 Double D.
Lolz
  Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time to write off Gerald McCoy « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools