Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time to write off Gerald McCoy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 06, 2011, 04:02:39 PM

Told ya Suh would be dramatically better. Some of you clowns said McCoy would be better. No way, no chance. Not better quality wise, not better quantity wise. He's a 38 Double D.

Your're an idioit, everyone knew that Suh would be way better. He was picked before us and the next best DT was McCoy. It was the only thing we could do...  You really tried an "I told ya so"...
No, you pick the best player available, period, not the next best DT.
Which, conveniently enough, was the same person.
Are you still sure about that?
At the time of the draft, it was unquestionable. End of discussion.
Then why have a GM if you're just going to do what "everyone" says you should do? Joel and Bryan could fire Dominik and just do whatever Mel Kiper says to do and save a lot of money. I want my GM to get whoever is BPA 2-3 years later. If there is no accountability for how players turn out 2-3 years later, we could have just kept Bruce Allen. His picks seemed great on draft day, too.

Comical

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 06, 2011, 04:03:49 PM

No, it's sad. Gruden's picks didn't work out and he was a jerk. So he was canned. Raheem could be Mr. Rogers, all cuddly and stuff, but it's all been the same.
Head coaches and GMs are judged on performance. Right now, at 4-4, we look WEAK, soft, going nowhere.

In Verner We Trust

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 06, 2011, 04:05:36 PM

No, it's sad. Gruden's picks didn't work out and he was a jerk. So he was canned. Raheem could be Mr. Rogers, all cuddly and stuff, but it's all been the same.
Head coaches and GMs are judged on performance. Right now, at 4-4, we look WEAK, soft, going nowhere.
How dare the GM be held to the same standard as the guy whose job he took.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

blackthoughtz

Starter

#18 : November 06, 2011, 04:09:03 PM

Every time we lose a game the stupidest threads pop up i swear

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 06, 2011, 04:10:41 PM

Time to write off Buccaneer fans. McCoy is the latest fan-manufactured scapegoat for those who refuse to focus on the real issue. We are unprepared and undisciplined on defense. The "youngry" crap needs to go. Bring in some vets, please.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#20 : November 06, 2011, 04:11:30 PM

VERY soft. Gerald McCoy is pudding soft.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 06, 2011, 04:11:33 PM

we could have just kept Bruce Allen. His picks seemed great on draft day, too.

No, they didn't.

And yes, McCoy was and still is the best football player available at that pick.  The only other legit option that is playing at a high level right now is Joe Haden.  Unfortunately for the Bucs and McCoy, the injuries are becoming all too consistent.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 06, 2011, 04:16:25 PM

Told ya Suh would be dramatically better. Some of you clowns said McCoy would be better. No way, no chance. Not better quality wise, not better quantity wise. He's a 38 Double D.

Your're an idioit, everyone knew that Suh would be way better. He was picked before us and the next best DT was McCoy. It was the only thing we could do...  You really tried an "I told ya so"...
No, you pick the best player available, period, not the next best DT.
Which, conveniently enough, was the same person.
Are you still sure about that?

I was at the time.  Lacking a time machine, that's all that seems to really matter.  There's no reason to think that the team felt they were reaching by drafting McCoy rather than taking the guy they thought was the right pick.  And when he's been on the field, he's looked like that was a pretty reasonable evaluation.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 06, 2011, 04:17:07 PM

did he play today?  I'm not even joking.  I dont remember him in the game and don't remember how he got hurt.  that guy can't stay healthy.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 06, 2011, 04:27:25 PM

Surprised you can type with that huge chip on your shoulder.  Man . . .  Java Part II

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#25 : November 06, 2011, 04:28:41 PM

did he play today?  I'm not even joking.  I dont remember him in the game and don't remember how he got hurt.  that guy can't stay healthy.

For five plays. He is really soft.

TSKAD72

Starter
#26 : November 06, 2011, 04:33:02 PM

Really can't write him off for our sake. We invested too much, we need to get some return. This is only his second year, he has plenty of football ahead of him. At this point he is looking like Tommie Harris 2.0. What's up with these injury prone Oklahoma tackles?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 06, 2011, 04:35:33 PM

I see a lot of people calling GMC soft, but no word on the actual injury beyond 'arm"  Anyone?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 06, 2011, 04:38:07 PM

Surprised you can type with that huge chip on your shoulder.  Man . . .  Java Part II
Darned right when the team I follow has three top 5 draft picks in a 6 year span and more than likely will not end up with a single Pro Bowler.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 06, 2011, 04:41:55 PM

FRG and I are usually on opposing sides. So if we're so angry and so united on an issue, it HAS to be true. Talib can't cover or tackle. Caddy couldn't stay healthy. MC80 couldn't catch. Now McCoy can't stay healthy. Bad trend continues.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time to write off Gerald McCoy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools