Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time to write off Gerald McCoy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#30 : November 06, 2011, 04:44:12 PM

HolderStephen Stephen Holder
Hearing in locker room that Gerald McCoy's injury is season ending. #Bucs

Soft as warm butter.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 06, 2011, 07:09:47 PM

I am happy he is gone for the season. I have said from the moment the pick went on TV he would be a horrible NFL player.

shawn731

Starter

#32 : November 06, 2011, 07:30:37 PM

Aside from the other posts, I say they may have rushed him back to soon.  I havent seen any word on whether the claim is credible.  But DT was play was the least of our concern.  Hayes and Black can't play zone for crap.  And the Saints was beating us on the edges.  Look who they double teamed on every snap.  Also Penalties killed our momentum.  But hey if you want to blame it on a DT that was injured for the past 3 weeks go ahead.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 06, 2011, 07:38:41 PM

For the record, if we couldn't get Suh....I wanted Tyson Alualu or Brandon Graham. I never liked the McCoy pick, I just quit complaining about after the draft because once a guy is a Buc, he's a Buc. You gotta root for him. Unfortunately it appears I and many other were right. He was over hyped and is apparently held together with chewing gum. Fingers crossed, but it would appear he is on a path to becoming a bust.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 06, 2011, 07:39:31 PM

Aside from the other posts, I say they may have rushed him back to soon.  I havent seen any word on whether the claim is credible.  But DT was play was the least of our concern.  Hayes and Black can't play zone for crap.  And the Saints was beating us on the edges.  Look who they double teamed on every snap.  Also Penalties killed our momentum.  But hey if you want to blame it on a DT that was injured for the past 3 weeks go ahead.

How would rushing him back form an ankle injury cause his bicep to tear?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 06, 2011, 07:51:44 PM

Of course we root for him. But the handwriting was on the wall. He flatlined from sophomore to junior year. He may have already peaked.

In Verner We Trust

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 06, 2011, 07:52:58 PM

The fact that it is the not the same bicep gives me some hope There have been lot's of players who had back to back years with season ending injuries but have come back strong. Hell I think Steve Smith broke his arm 3 years in a row.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 06, 2011, 07:54:31 PM

Actually, that might make me LESS optimistic because that means he has multiple problems.

In Verner We Trust

Freeman2WilliamsTD

Rookie

#38 : November 06, 2011, 07:58:42 PM

I wanted Eric Berry in thagt draft if we didn't get Suh.  A lot of GMs and experts had Berry as one of the best players in the draft right there with Suh and McCoy, but because he was a safety and you're not "supposed" to draft safeties that high he fell to the Chiefs.

but he is out for the year too . . . so i dont know if it would have made much of a difference.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 06, 2011, 08:02:17 PM

I wanted Eric Berry in thagt draft if we didn't get Suh.  A lot of GMs and experts had Berry as one of the best players in the draft right there with Suh and McCoy, but because he was a safety and you're not "supposed" to draft safeties that high he fell to the Chiefs.

but he is out for the year too . . . so i dont know if it would have made much of a difference.

This game shows exactly why you draft DTs over safeties. A great safety wouldn't have made a difference at all today.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 06, 2011, 08:09:12 PM

This game shows exactly why you draft DTs over safeties. A great safety wouldn't have made a difference at all today.
Except the Bucs didn't draft a good DT. We drafted a guy that is so physically weak he has managed to injure both arms in 2 seasons. Very soft and gets pushed around on every play? Yep, that's Geraldine McCoy.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 06, 2011, 08:10:30 PM

McCoy was playing like a top 5 DT before he got injured.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 06, 2011, 08:16:24 PM

McCoy was playing like a top 5 DT before he got injured.

No he wasn't. He looked promising, but top 5 means you put him up there with guys like Cullen Jenkins, Suh, and Ngata......and he is not that type of player. Even if he had looked that good, it doesn't matter if you can't stay healthy. DT is not a spot for fragile players.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 06, 2011, 08:19:51 PM

Except the Bucs didn't draft a good DT. We drafted a guy that is so physically weak he has managed to injure both arms in 2 seasons. Very soft and gets pushed around on every play? Yep, that's Geraldine McCoy.

Gotta love a guy on a freaking message board calling an NFL DT "soft" and "Geraldine"  Even funnier, you're probably a half-drunk, pizza eating fat guy whose biggest athletic success was making the jv baseball team during your senior year of high school.   Well, that or breaking 175 in your bowling league.

Holy drive by bird  Batman.  Takes a big man to take anonymous shots at a pro football player on a message board . . .too funny

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 06, 2011, 08:21:49 PM

Bicep injuries shouldn't be happening like this.  I think poor weight training is the culprit, not necessarily McCoy's body.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time to write off Gerald McCoy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools