Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Texans fan here « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#90 : November 13, 2011, 10:28:11 PM

LMAO at some of the responses in this thread.....

But truthfully Houston, IMO, has one of the top defenses in the league. Losing Mario for the season was a big hit, but you guys are solid everyehere else. The key was that the Texans resurrected their seconodary by signing Jonathan Joseph, so kudos for that. Then you factor in the high octane offense of Schaub, Foster, and Johnson.

Texans by 18

LMAO at that prediction.

Houston favored by 3.5. Vegas odds makers aren't dumb. There's a reason for that spread.
LMAO at you and that 3.5 point spread

**** off.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#91 : November 13, 2011, 11:27:57 PM

But truthfully Houston, IMO, has one of the top defenses in the league. Losing Mario for the season was a big hit, but you guys are solid everyehere else. The key was that the Texans resurrected their seconodary by signing Jonathan Joseph, so kudos for that. Then you factor in the high octane offense of Schaub, Foster, and Johnson.

Texans by 18

LMAO at that prediction.

Houston favored by 3.5. Vegas odds makers aren't dumb. There's a reason for that spread.

**** off.

Haha... Joe, I picked the Yucs to win today......

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#92 : November 13, 2011, 11:43:06 PM

Texans by 18

LMAO at that prediction.

**** off.

Who cares? We lost. We stunk it up. Bucs looks like crap. Very frustrating to watch.

And then some bozo needs to pull up one of my posts? I don't give a **** about that. I want this team to be competitive. Today
was disgusting. Glazers may have no choice but to fire Olson or Olson AND Rah if this keeps up. Ray Jay is going to be a
ghost town.

worldlyman

Practice Squad

#93 : November 14, 2011, 12:16:13 AM

You cant compare this team to anybody. Texans have been rebuilding for a long time.

To be rebuilding means that you had to have accomplished something in the first place to be rebuilding from, which the texans have never done.  They've pretty much sucked their entire history so far.  The texans are the only NFL franchise yet to qualify for a post-season playoff game.  Only one winning season (barely) out of nine total seasons and no playoff appearances with a winning percentage of only .381.  Try winning something first before you come to another team's board talking about your so-called "domination," because the only thing you've done so far is be dominated.  And since the texans have never learned how to win anything yet, it wouldn't be at all surprising to see them come in here expecting to win and play just well enough to lose.

Well, looks  like the Texans are learning to win now, eh?
Could be... it just might be.  But it still remains to be seen.  There's certainly no doubt that they're being given a huge boost by the Manningless Colts.  With a healthy Peyton, he probably leads them to another division win and then you've got the texans competing with five or six other teams for two wildcard spots - something they've never been able to accomplish, and their odds go way down.  Think of how many times they've been pumped up by the talking heads, "This is the year the texans get to the playoffs," and then they shoot themselves in the foot for another year.  But now, without the Peyton powerhouse, that becomes a very weak division, and so aided by the fact that nature abhors a vacuum, they just might have the opportunity to slide into a spot by winning that weak sister division, and thereby not have to compete against good teams for a wildcard spot, something they've shown themselves unable to do as of yet.  So, yeah, I'd have to say that the stars are lining up pretty well for them to have a chance to actually get into the playoffs this year.  And yes, also, they are playing well.  But time will tell, and so we'll see.

The Texans fortunes this year have very little to do with Peyton Manning's unfortunate status.  Manning with that depleted depth wasn't a sure thing to take the AFC South.  The Texans have a top D, have an unstoppable running game and are dangerous with the pass.  You have those ingredients in an NFL team, that team will do some winning.

Scores of 37-9. 41-7. 34-7. 30-12. 24-14. Total beatdown of the Steelers in Houston that was worse than the final score.  What does that have to do with Peyton Manning?

The Texans have only the Steelers to match them with 7 wins in the AFC at this passed midpoint of the season.

The Baltimore Ravens?  Losing to the Titans and Jags...whom the Texans just flattened?  Losing to the less-than-mediocre Seahawks?  The Texans actually battled the Ravens to a 14-13 standstill in Maryland into the 4th quarter before Ray Rice got out of hand.  It's the NFL, stuff happens.  The Texans are MORE consistent than the Ravens.  The Texans have the tools to beat the Patriots.

Look at the Bucs.  They flattened TWO VERY GOOD teams like the Saints and Falcons down in the Pirate Ship this year...yet Houston hung a 37-9 score on 'em.  What's up with that?  If the Ravens or Jets played in Tampa, I bet the Bucs probably would have beaten them.

The Texans will make the playoffs unless their star players drop like flies.  Houston is pancaking other teams right now...this ain't 2002.  This ain't 2006.  This ain't 2010.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#94 : November 14, 2011, 12:18:30 AM

Texans are pancaking bad football teams...Good for you bro.

worldlyman

Practice Squad

#95 : November 14, 2011, 12:26:02 AM

A dominant team is supposed to pancake bad football teams.  The bad-ass Ravens forgot to pancake the Seahawks today.  The Saints forgot to pancake the horrid Rams recently.

And yeah, haven't the Packers pancaked their share of bad teams too?  I guess we shouldn't credit the Texans doing the same?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#96 : November 14, 2011, 12:28:58 AM

A dominant team is supposed to pancake bad football teams.  The bad-ass Ravens forgot to pancake the Seahawks today.  The Saints forgot to pancake the horrid Rams recently.

And yeah, haven't the Packers pancaked their share of bad teams too?  I guess we shouldn't credit the Texans doing the same?
The Ravens aren't a good football team. Inconsistent as any team in the NFL. The Packers are beat playoff teams too. The only good team you have beaten is the Steelers.

NittanyBuc

Starter

#97 : November 14, 2011, 12:30:36 AM

Texans by 18

LMAO at that prediction.

**** off.

Who cares? We lost. We stunk it up. Bucs looks like crap. Very frustrating to watch.

And then some bozo needs to pull up one of my posts? I don't give a **** about that. I want this team to be competitive. Today
was disgusting. Glazers may have no choice but to fire Olson or Olson AND Rah if this keeps up. Ray Jay is going to be a
ghost town.
Says the guy who went out of his way to criticize my prediction because "the spread didn't say so"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#98 : November 14, 2011, 12:30:59 AM

Look at the Bucs.  They flattened TWO VERY GOOD teams like the Saints and Falcons down in the Pirate Ship this year...yet Houston hung a 37-9 score on 'em.  What's up with that?  If the Ravens or Jets played in Tampa, I bet the Bucs probably would have beaten them.

First of all, those wins were before the Bucs quit on their coach, and second of all, you don't know squat about the Bucs. We would not beat Baltimore, or the Jets. Not even close. Those teams are matchup nightmares for us, just like the Texans and 49ers were.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#99 : November 14, 2011, 12:34:05 AM

First of all, those wins were before the Bucs quit on their coach, and second of all, you don't know squat about the Bucs. We would not beat Baltimore, or the Jets. Not even close. Those teams are matchup nightmares for us, just like the Texans and 49ers were.
Remember when we lost to the Kellen Clemens lead Jets  ???

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Texans fan here « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools