Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This will be the first time since 1996 that the Bucs go 3 years without playoffs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : November 07, 2011, 01:46:32 AM

It took Raheem Morris to pull it off, but about 15 years of dignity have come to an end.

Every year in the NFC South, the last place team ALWAYS won the division the following year - until Raheem's Bucs came in last in 2009 and did not win the division in 2010.   

The Falcons finished last in 2007 and did not win the division in 2008.

Sorry, they only went 11-5 and made the playoffs in 2008.   Let me know when Raheem does that well.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#16 : November 07, 2011, 03:39:07 AM

Just goes to show you how Gruden took over a Super Bowl team and left it full of crap. The best player Raheem inherited was Tanard Jackson on defense and Savings Joseph on offense, yeah what a great coach!!

Java, even you know that this is true.  Even if you won't admit it, Gruden sucked at drafting/developing talent.  He definitely left the cupboard bare.  This is a total rebuild job.  To put it in perspective, Stylez White was a Buccaneer because of Gruden. Stylez played like total doodoo.  Cool guy though.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 07, 2011, 03:52:00 AM

This will be the first time since 1996 that the Bucs go 3 years without playoffs

The season is only half way over and you're calling it already?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 07, 2011, 03:55:00 AM

Just wait till the Panthers get healthy and add a WR. We will be stuck in the cellar for a long time.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 07, 2011, 04:50:31 AM

Just goes to show you how Gruden took over a Super Bowl team and left it full of crap. The best player Raheem inherited was Tanard Jackson on defense and Savings Joseph on offense, yeah what a great coach!!

Java, even you know that this is true.  Even if you won't admit it, Gruden sucked at drafting/developing talent.  He definitely left the cupboard bare.  This is a total rebuild job.  To put it in perspective, Stylez White was a Buccaneer because of Gruden. Stylez played like total doodoo.  Cool guy though.

I don't agree.   the team Raheem took over was every bit as good as that Falcon team that was rebuilt in one year.   The Falcons just made better moves in Free agency and coaching than the Bucs did.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#20 : November 07, 2011, 08:07:46 AM

Java, besides the obvious Gruden,  who would you want as coach?  And I know it's a difficult task for you but be realistic.   

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 07, 2011, 08:10:09 AM

LIES, LIES, LIES.
Bucs' record in Dungy's last year (2001) 9-7, with a point differential of plus-44. Bucs' record in Gruden's last year (2008) 9-7 with a point differential of plus-38.
So what gives? Either Dungy was the PROBLEM and did a terrible job of coaching DOWN a lot of talent OR the Bucs made a lot of personnel changes OR a lot of both.
But saying ''Gruden took over a Super Bowl team'' and implying he didn't do the work, giving Dungy the credit and showing ingratitude is bullship. Here's a link if you forget. And actually, since the Bucs lost their playoff game 31-9, their actual point differential was plus-22 and they were 9-8.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam/2001.htm

In Verner We Trust

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 07, 2011, 08:12:22 AM

Three under ONE coach. Four overall. Thanks for making us feel worse than we already feel, Ultimate.
there is no excuse to taking that long to rebuild.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 07, 2011, 08:23:26 AM

It's not the rebuilding that's the issue. It's the lack of progress. If the Bucs go 7-9 with a point differential near minus-80 or 100, what do we know about the team? If they end the season with more holes than the team at the beginning of the year, how can it be defined as progress? By taking the slow methodical approach, we've essentially given NO and Atlanta a free pass for two more years AND given Carolina time to pass us in the pecking order in the NFC South. I hate to bring this up, but based on where THEY will draft, they'll probably get a guy who many of us covet (Burfict or Teo).
If Burfict is a Panther and then they add WR help for Newton followed by more defensive help later, they could be trouble by 2013. It's very easy to imagine a scenario where they have about four Pro Bowlers and then are 10-6 by that point while we're still in limbo.
Not good. Not acceptable.

In Verner We Trust

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 07, 2011, 08:50:46 AM

Java, besides the obvious Gruden,  who would you want as coach?  And I know it's a difficult task for you but be realistic.

I liked Jim Harbaugh and Rex Ryan of the recent candidates.   But Jeff Fisher or Bill Cowher would be awesome if they couldn't bring Gruden back.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#25 : November 07, 2011, 09:49:56 AM

silly me, i wasnt aware they called the season after 8 games

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 07, 2011, 09:50:46 AM

No, but if we lose next week, CALLED.

In Verner We Trust

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 07, 2011, 11:30:31 AM

We were spoiled from 1997 to 2008 and I want those days to come back soon.... :-* :o ;D..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 07, 2011, 11:39:27 AM

We were spoiled from 1997 to 2008 and I want those days to come back soon.... :-* :o ;D..
we went to 2 conference championship games and won 1 super bowl in those 12 years after being the losingest team in in sports history.  hardly spoiled. not to mention we haven't won a playoff game since 2002 and only won a grand total of 2 outside the superbowl year.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

R
#29 : November 07, 2011, 11:43:51 AM

we went to 2 conference championship games and won 1 super bowl in those 12 years after being the losingest team in in sports history.  hardly spoiled. not to mention we haven't won a playoff game since 2002 and only won a grand total of 2 outside the superbowl year.

I'm talking about competetive teams with a defense that was world known with multiple pro bowlers.. Great atmosphere at Ray Jay..

playoff years 97-99-00-01-02-05-07------------------------- 7 out of 10 years we were in the thick of it.. and even 98 we missed it by 1 game and in 2008 we missed it by 1 game..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This will be the first time since 1996 that the Bucs go 3 years without playoffs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools