Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This will be the first time since 1996 that the Bucs go 3 years without playoffs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 07, 2011, 11:49:05 AM

at the time it was a fun and exciting time for being a Buc fan, especially if you had been a fan since the McKay years.  but in retrospect, we should have accomplished more with that defense.

Ghost of Gruden

Second String

#31 : November 07, 2011, 11:49:15 AM

Just pointing out facts.   If you are happy with this current joke of a team, I'm happy for you.

You point out negative facts. If you are happy with that, then I feel bad for you.
Java is stating the facts.  The homers on this board take offense to FACTS and then just say java java java!  Show me anything positive about this team.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 07, 2011, 11:52:57 AM

Just goes to show you how Gruden took over a Super Bowl team and left it full of crap. The best player Raheem inherited was Tanard Jackson on defense and Savings Joseph on offense, yeah what a great coach!!
LIES, LIES, LIES.
Bucs' record in Dungy's last year (2001) 9-7, with a point differential of plus-44. Bucs' record in Gruden's last year (2008) 9-7 with a point differential of plus-38.
So what gives? Either Dungy was the PROBLEM and did a terrible job of coaching DOWN a lot of talent OR the Bucs made a lot of personnel changes OR a lot of both.
But saying ''Gruden took over a Super Bowl team'' and implying he didn't do the work, giving Dungy the credit and showing ingratitude is bullship. Here's a link if you forget. And actually, since the Bucs lost their playoff game 31-9, their actual point differential was plus-22 and they were 9-8.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam/2001.htm

LOL really? Are you seriously disputing that the 2008 Buccaneers team was no where near as loaded as the 2001 Buccaneers? I've read Samari's post three times, and nowhere did I see him say Gruden didn't deserve any credit. What he was doing was pointing out that Gruden inherited a team with 10 Pro Bowl-caliber players on it, and after 7 years of Gruden, Raheem Morris inherited a team that had very little talent left on it. I seriously don't know how you can even attempt to dispute this as fact.
: November 07, 2011, 11:54:42 AM CBWx2

Ghost of Gruden

Second String

#33 : November 07, 2011, 11:54:30 AM

Just goes to show you how Gruden took over a Super Bowl team and left it full of crap. The best player Raheem inherited was Tanard Jackson on defense and Savings Joseph on offense, yeah what a great coach!!
LIES, LIES, LIES.
Bucs' record in Dungy's last year (2001) 9-7, with a point differential of plus-44. Bucs' record in Gruden's last year (2008) 9-7 with a point differential of plus-38.
So what gives? Either Dungy was the PROBLEM and did a terrible job of coaching DOWN a lot of talent OR the Bucs made a lot of personnel changes OR a lot of both.
But saying ''Gruden took over a Super Bowl team'' and implying he didn't do the work, giving Dungy the credit and showing ingratitude is bullship. Here's a link if you forget. And actually, since the Bucs lost their playoff game 31-9, their actual point differential was plus-22 and they were 9-8.

LOL really? Are you seriously disputing that the 2001 Buccaneers team was no where near as loaded as the 2001 Buccaneers? I've read Samari's post three times, and nowhere did I see him say Gruden didn't deserve any credit. What he was doing was pointing out that Gruden inherited a team with 10 Pro Bowl-caliber players on it, and after 7 years of Gruden, Raheem Morris inherited a team that had very little talent left on it. I seriously don't know how you can even attempt to dispute this as fact.

What talent does this team have on it right now that Heemy has developed?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 07, 2011, 11:56:07 AM

LIES, LIES, LIES.

LOL really? Are you seriously disputing that the 2001 Buccaneers team was no where near as loaded as the 2001 Buccaneers? I've read Samari's post three times, and nowhere did I see him say Gruden didn't deserve any credit. What he was doing was pointing out that Gruden inherited a team with 10 Pro Bowl-caliber players on it, and after 7 years of Gruden, Raheem Morris inherited a team that had very little talent left on it. I seriously don't know how you can even attempt to dispute this as fact.

More than it did in 2008.

Ghost of Gruden

Second String

#35 : November 07, 2011, 11:57:28 AM

LIES, LIES, LIES.

Lets see the names...this will be comical

moose40

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 07, 2011, 12:04:03 PM

We were spoiled from 1997 to 2008 and I want those days to come back soon.... :-* :o ;D..
we went to 2 conference championship games and won 1 super bowl in those 12 years after being the losingest team in in sports history.  hardly spoiled. not to mention we haven't won a playoff game since 2002 and only won a grand total of 2 outside the superbowl year.
I'd rather be the Minnesota Twins of football rather than the Pittsburgh Pirates. Even though the Twins got spanked in the playoffs almost every year, usually to the Yankees, at least they were in the playoffs. They gave their fans something to cheer about and take pride in come september/october.  All you need is a ticket to the dance, and anything can happen. I don't think we'll be seeing a playoff game for the Bucs for awhile while the current regime is in place.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 07, 2011, 12:04:49 PM

LIES, LIES, LIES.

You know what would be even more comical. If you name all the talent Gruden developed while he was here. Raheem has already surpassed that. It's funny because all the people who support Java are usually new poster to these forums (Troll Accounts) and a couple other trolls who roam these boards. Unlike the people on this board who act like the sky is falling, I only think there is one real problem here and that is the play calling on offense.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 07, 2011, 12:06:39 PM

LIES, LIES, LIES.

You want to see who's on the team, look at a roster. How about you list the names of the studs on the team from 2006 - 2008? Now THAT would be comical.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 07, 2011, 12:07:11 PM

LIES, LIES, LIES.

You know what would be even more comican. If you name all the talent Gruden developed while he was here. Raheem has already surpased that. It's funny because all the people who support Java are usually new poster to these forums (Troll Accounts) and a couple other trolls who roam these boards. Unlike the people on this board who act like the sky is falling, I only think there is one real problem here and that is the play calling on offense.

What about are 28th ranked defense that is getting shredded every week that is ahuge problem

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 07, 2011, 12:11:36 PM

LIES, LIES, LIES.

You know what would be even more comican. If you name all the talent Gruden developed while he was here. Raheem has already surpased that. It's funny because all the people who support Java are usually new poster to these forums (Troll Accounts) and a couple other trolls who roam these boards. Unlike the people on this board who act like the sky is falling, I only think there is one real problem here and that is the play calling on offense.

What about are 28th ranked defense that is getting shredded every week that is ahuge problem

It doesn't help the defense any that our offense is virtually non existent in the first half. Our defense is ranked top 10 in the second half.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 07, 2011, 12:13:37 PM

LIES, LIES, LIES.

You want to see who's on the team, look at a roster. How about you list the names of the studs on the team from 2006 - 2008? Now THAT would be comical.

That would mean we've had a stud developed by either regime. Gruden didn't develop any studs, but Raheem isn't developing any either. Our studs from Gruden's era: Brooks, Sapp, Lynch, Rice, Alstott, and maybe the Keyshawn, McCardell, Jurevicius, types. But those are all FA's or inherited from Sam Wyche and Dungy teams. Raheem's only stud right now is Koenen, a FA. The Blounts, Freemans, Fosters, etc aren't living up to "stud" category right now.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 07, 2011, 12:13:42 PM

LIES, LIES, LIES.

Did Gruden develop talent here....no.
Has Raheem so far...not really.
Is our offensive playcalling and discipline a huge problem....absolutely.
Has our defense been shredded 3 out of the last four games.....absolutely as well.

Just because Olson is a terrible playcaller does not mean we lose sight that Raheem has had this defense ready to play only 50% of games.....and in the games we won...there were huge breakdowns in the defensive backfield...Morris' area of "expertise"....

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Ghost of Gruden

Second String

#43 : November 07, 2011, 12:18:05 PM

I dont get this board...everyone wanted Olson fired but not Heemy, SMH!  Heemy's defense will more than likely be ranked last by seasons end.  I'm not saying Olson's offense doesn't suck but the defense is equally as bad!

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 07, 2011, 12:22:48 PM

I dont get this board...everyone wanted Olson fired but not Heemy, SMH!  Heemy's defense will more than likely be ranked last by seasons end.  I'm not saying Olson's offense doesn't suck but the defense is equally as bad!

Not the defense's fault the offense can't stay on the field in the first half. Defense is ranked near the top 10 in second half but thats when the offense starts to play.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This will be the first time since 1996 that the Bucs go 3 years without playoffs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools