Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This will be the first time since 1996 that the Bucs go 3 years without playoffs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#75 : November 07, 2011, 09:02:17 PM

Haters disguised as realists are a big part of why people don't go watch the Bucs anymore. There's no positive connect. Only certain Bucs fans would dump on their only championship coach. No one else does this. They celebrate them. And yeah, any good year Peyton had beyond a certain point had to be a surprise because at some point it had to end, right? Like if he comes back and does that next year, he deserves Comeback Player of the Year, doesn't he?
As for Super Bowl caliber, the hypocrisy is all around Gruden haters. Super Bowl ready, eh? So 10-6 and 9-7 teams were Super Bowl ready, but the 11-5 Bucs of 2005 weren't Super Bowl ready? The conference was wide open that year and if the Bucs hadn't been robbed by multiple awful calls (Rice FF, Caddy touching of Taylor on TD, Arrington fumble we recovered), Bucs win that game. They blasted the Panthers a few weeks earlier in Carolina. Why couldn't they eventually go to Seattle and stage the upset? They had won already. The other teams hadn't. But that's OK. When ratings and numbers get worse that is regression, but you live a lie.
I'll send you copies of 52-12 (Eagles losses 21-3 and 31-9) and you can enjoy how ''Super Bowl ready'' we were. Note that the Eagles didn't even go to the Super Bowl in either year themselves so the notion of those Bucs teams being Super Bowl ready is ludicrous. And if they were, you're saying Dungy REALLY stunk because first-round exits aren't near the Super Bowl. Five and six seeds don't go to Super Bowls often because they're usually not good enough. Once in awhile there are exceptions. But those teams were not.

In Verner We Trust

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#76 : November 07, 2011, 09:03:49 PM

Please stop this.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#77 : November 07, 2011, 09:05:25 PM

Alright. I'm done FRG. Besides, no point in dwelling on OLD depression when the new stuff is even moreso.
Only advantage to the current depression is that it's not minus-10 at the Vet and people aren't urinating in sinks.

In Verner We Trust

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#78 : November 07, 2011, 09:29:05 PM

Haters disguised as realists are a big part of why people don't go watch the Bucs anymore. There's no positive connect. Only certain Bucs fans would dump on their only championship coach. No one else does this. They celebrate them. And yeah, any good year Peyton had beyond a certain point had to be a surprise because at some point it had to end, right? Like if he comes back and does that next year, he deserves Comeback Player of the Year, doesn't he?
As for Super Bowl caliber, the hypocrisy is all around Gruden haters. Super Bowl ready, eh? So 10-6 and 9-7 teams were Super Bowl ready, but the 11-5 Bucs of 2005 weren't Super Bowl ready? The conference was wide open that year and if the Bucs hadn't been robbed by multiple awful calls (Rice FF, Caddy touching of Taylor on TD, Arrington fumble we recovered), Bucs win that game. They blasted the Panthers a few weeks earlier in Carolina. Why couldn't they eventually go to Seattle and stage the upset? They had won already. The other teams hadn't. But that's OK. When ratings and numbers get worse that is regression, but you live a lie.
I'll send you copies of 52-12 (Eagles losses 21-3 and 31-9) and you can enjoy how ''Super Bowl ready'' we were. Note that the Eagles didn't even go to the Super Bowl in either year themselves so the notion of those Bucs teams being Super Bowl ready is ludicrous. And if they were, you're saying Dungy REALLY stunk because first-round exits aren't near the Super Bowl. Five and six seeds don't go to Super Bowls often because they're usually not good enough. Once in awhile there are exceptions. But those teams were not.

Relax dude. Nobody "dumped" on Gruden for 2002. They dumped on him for the 6 years after it. You are the one who made this about the Super Bowl year. If you think the Bucs were in an endless spiral into the great abyss until Gruden came in and saved us and made us into something, then by all means, go for it. Just stop the freaking whining, for crying out loud. I would, however, recommend that you be a little more lenient and fair towards the current regime if you choose to be so critical of those who you feel haven't been that way towards the last one.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#79 : November 07, 2011, 09:54:39 PM

I just wanna win. I don't care if Shawn King is the head coach.... wait, I take that back. Other than Shawn King, I don't care who's the coach!

In Verner We Trust

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#80 : November 08, 2011, 12:19:07 AM

I just wanna win.

I don't just want to win.   I want to have a team I enjoy watching and a fan base that is united.   This forum has mostly people who dislike everything that is good about the NFL and they like everything that sucks about the NFL.   It's like living in bizarro world here.   They like Blount and Talib, but hate Ruud and Caddy.   They hate Tebow.   They hate Matt Ryan.   They hate Mark Sanchez.   It seems that any guy who is a class act, they hate.    They hate Gruden and Rex Ryan, but they like Raheem.   None of those coaches are bad character individuals, but Gruden and Ryan are proven winners and Raheem so far is a proven loser.     
: November 08, 2011, 12:20:55 AM JavaRay

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#81 : November 08, 2011, 12:30:56 AM

I just wanna win.

I don't just want to win.   I want to have a team I enjoy watching and a fan base that is united.   This forum has mostly people who dislike everything that is good about the NFL and they like everything that sucks about the NFL.   It's like living in bizarro world here.   They like Blount and Talib, but hate Ruud and Caddy.   They hate Tebow.   They hate Matt Ryan.   They hate Mark Sanchez.   It seems that any guy who is a class act, they hate.    They hate Gruden and Rex Ryan, but they like Raheem.   None of those coaches are bad character individuals, but Gruden and Ryan are proven winners and Raheem so far is a proven loser.   

They like Blount and Talib (as do I) because they are better than Ruud and Caddy.  Nobody gives a red rat's ass about character JR...  We want production, and Caddy was on his last legs and Ruud was just soft.

Being a "class act", and being "good" don't always walk hand in hand...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#82 : November 08, 2011, 12:51:56 AM

I like Java so I guess I'm from bizarro world too! Gotcha! LOL

In Verner We Trust

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#83 : November 08, 2011, 01:27:19 AM

They dont like rudd in TN either.I hear it all the time!Begging us to take him back!
FYI I am in north bama and am known as the BUC man!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#84 : December 20, 2011, 12:22:42 PM

I should have named this thread, "First time since 1996 that the same coach was allowed to coach the team without making the playoffs 3 years in  row."     The fact that they didn't make the playoffs in 2008 wasn't Raheem's fault (or was it?   his defense sure laid down...)   ;)

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#85 : December 20, 2011, 01:07:31 PM

2008 no playoffs
2009 no playoffs
2010 no playoffs
Isn't that already 3 years?  One under Gruden.

No sorry Gruden is above reproach.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#86 : December 20, 2011, 01:09:36 PM

Had Gruden stayed, there is no way he would not have made the playoffs in either 2009 or 2010.   

Got to give Raheem the benefit of a doubt though and not count 2008 against him, so 2011 made it 3 years for him.

Time for Heemy to walk the plank so we can get a winner in here.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This will be the first time since 1996 that the Bucs go 3 years without playoffs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools