Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Justin Blackmon Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 29

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

: November 07, 2011, 02:27:29 AM

This guy reminds me of a young T.O. I believe that he will be a stud at the NFL level with the DBs being so bad these days.

Freeman needs someone like this who is a legit threat anytime he gets his hands on the ball!

Actually I like the QB Wedden too...

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 07, 2011, 03:16:40 AM

We'll have to lose the rest of our games if we want a shot at Blackmon.  I'm actually terrified that the Panthers will get him.  How'd you like to see the Newton/Blackmon connection for 10 years?  Ugh.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : November 07, 2011, 03:22:07 AM

The Panthers will likely finish with a better record than the Bucs.   I don't think you need to worry about them getting him.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#3 : November 07, 2011, 08:27:21 AM

If we draft him and we still have the exact same coaching staff next season we would probably ruin his career. We'd be running him on 3 yard checkdowns all game.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 07, 2011, 08:31:11 AM

This guy reminds me of a young T.O. I believe that he will be a stud at the NFL level with the DBs being so bad these days.

Freeman needs someone like this who is a legit threat anytime he gets his hands on the ball!

Actually I like the QB Wedden too...

It won't mean crap if the ball isn't being thrown down field.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 07, 2011, 08:36:42 AM

The Bucs are really in a bad spot. If they draft a guy like this, somebody's talent (Benn or MW or Briscoe or multiple of the above) gets wasted. OTOH if you trade say a Benn, you don't get good return on your investment. I mean what can you get for him? A fifth, maybe? Not enough. Briscoe's talent has barely been touched and you have to give MW time to try and bounce back from a bad year after his sensational 2010. And what about Parker?
I suppose a player for player deal (where we get a running back) is the BEST case scenario (Benn for somebody else's under-utilized RB). But passing a Burfict or Teo would be bad.
Bad spot.

In Verner We Trust

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 07, 2011, 08:39:06 AM

I am open to taking a WR.  It's just one of many needs for this team.  Most here will disagree with us because we have already invested some picks in the position but if you look around the league and be objective there isn't too many WR corps worse than ours.  And a 2nd and a 4th isn't really a major commitment to the position.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 07, 2011, 08:39:09 AM

Great talent, we need offensive line much more. That will help everything on offense...

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 07, 2011, 08:41:17 AM

We need to draft an offensive coordinator.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 07, 2011, 08:46:25 AM

The bottom line is the Bucs need dominating players. If Blackmon is a dominating player, you take him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 07, 2011, 08:50:33 AM

lotta good thoughts here, but i think we need dominating OL more.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 07, 2011, 08:57:04 AM

lotta good thoughts here, but i think we need dominating OL more.
I agree. But it's not often you get to choose between multiple dominating players. Most of the time you only have access to one or two, so you have to be prepared to find that one player regardless of position.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 07, 2011, 09:06:11 AM

I think Blackmon is a good talent and will be a starter at the NFL level but "dominating" I don't know.  I don't think he is even as good a prospect as Dez Bryant.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 07, 2011, 09:09:55 AM

But it's not often you get to choose between multiple dominating players. Most of the time you only have access to one or two, so you have to be prepared to find that one player regardless of position.

true.  then its a tough decision.  best available...or best available at a position of need.  i dont believe a stud WR or stud RB will help us much with what our OL gives us.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TSKAD72

Starter
#14 : November 07, 2011, 09:17:44 AM

Benn is a poor man's Blackmon. Wish Olson would just give the guy a chance...that being said if he's there he is an elite receiver. There are 2 other solid #1 receivers too, Alshon Jeffrey and Michael Floyd. I would prefer Floyd or Blackmon over Jeffrey. Floyd has a very good burst and is a big athletic guy. He's also a great blocker. When none of our receivers can get any separation at all it's time to look for a new number 1 (or, maybe more importantly, a new offensive coordinator) so I'm all for drafting a receiver early if the right one is there when we're on the clock. Help Freeman develop by any means necessary.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 29
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Justin Blackmon Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools