Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Justin Blackmon Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 29

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 14, 2011, 10:10:36 PM

Jeffery reminds me of a Calvin Johnson,

He is just like Megatron except for the top speed. Alshon isn't slow, but he doesn't have that elite speed like Megatron. He is however a freak athlete and if he was on a team with a decent QB his numbers would be through the roof and he'd be the #1 WR hands down. If he is the second WR off the board, some team will be getting a steal.

Draft Aaron Donald

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 14, 2011, 10:14:05 PM

A much slower, slightly shorter version of Calvin Johnson.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 14, 2011, 10:21:14 PM

Only thing that worries me slightly with Alshon is he pushes off a lot. It's obvious and he won't get away with it in the NFL. Could be a problem.

Draft Aaron Donald

JM2

Pro Bowler

#33 : November 14, 2011, 10:56:10 PM

We need to draft an offensive coordinator.
This made me laugh. I was trying to figure out how the Bucs were going to come up with new ideas to remain the youngest team in the league and I think you have nailed it. draft player coaches. Brilliant!

Just say no to a Rd 1 WR imo. We need a Burfict, Teo, etc. Give me a stud LB that can anchor the Defense for 10+ years.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#34 : November 14, 2011, 10:56:22 PM

Kendall Wright may be the next Mike Wallace. He could possibly be had in the 3rd round. This team needs an Alshon Jefferey or Justin Blackmon, a legit #1 receiver, alot more though.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 14, 2011, 11:37:28 PM

I could be talked into wanting Alshon Jefferey w/ our 1st.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 14, 2011, 11:41:08 PM

Justin Blackmon will be gone to St.Louis. I really would like to see our WRs with a real OC calling plays. But some of the drops they have are just terrible and make me feel otherwise.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 15, 2011, 01:45:08 AM

If we do take a WR in the 1st I would prefer him over Alshon Jeffery and Michael Floyd. None of the 3 have that elite speed that people around here seem to want so bad. But Dez clocked a 4.5 but when he is trying to get to that endzone he has a gear that I cant cut on during a 40 time. Seeing as how Blackmon is better than Dez in every way (the sentiment around okla state) I would definitely take him. But word is the rams already have his jersey made up.
: November 15, 2011, 01:47:10 AM buchead

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 15, 2011, 02:00:08 AM

Last thing we need is another problem child player on this team just say no to Floyd.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#39 : November 15, 2011, 02:02:26 AM

You can almost guarantee that the Rams/Jaguars/Browns will take Alshon and Blackmon before us, so don't get your hopes up for either of them.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 15, 2011, 02:20:30 AM

Man I don't see Jeffery being close to Calvin Johnson nor do I see Blackmon being nearly as good as Dez Bryant. Sure his(Blackmon) stats are great game after game, I think thats why OSU fans might be claiming he's better, but just rewatch some Dez highlights. I don't even think its close.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 15, 2011, 02:23:17 AM

Man I don't see Jeffery being close to Calvin Johnson nor do I see Blackmon being nearly as good as Dez Bryant. Sure his(Blackmon) stats are great game after game, I think thats why OSU fans might be claiming he's better, but just rewatch some Dez highlights. I don't even think its close.
Blackmon is not the athlete Bryant is. But both are solid Wrs. Blackmon has excellent hands and would instantly give us a #1 WR. But its a pipe dream because the Rams aren't about to let another WR pass them by.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 15, 2011, 02:29:33 AM

as far as Dez's 4.5 40 time, didn't he pretty much miss  like 3/4 of the season?? If he walked out and did a 40 time of 4.5 without having been totally prepared that could indicate he's really talented and fast. People train specifically for weeks, even months for these combines and pro days to shave as much miliseconds off as they can in the 40. For instance Vernon Davis ran a 4.3. Guarantee you if he were to run today, or even right after his rookie season, he would not run close to a 4.3. He busted his butt to make sure he could run as fast as he possibly could and had his technique perfect before he ran his 40. Dez ran a 4.5 without playing football for a while and being reportedly out of shape (couldnt even finish the workout, and was puking in rookie mini camp or training camp). The dude has great speed, and his moves are sick.
: November 15, 2011, 02:31:44 AM Pepsi

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#43 : November 15, 2011, 02:45:00 AM

Yeah I just did the same, watched Blackmon's highlights and then Dez's. Dez was on another level as far as explosiveness, but Blackmon seems to be more physical. They're both about the same height but with the way that they attack the ball you'd think that they were 6'5 like Calvin Johnson. I don't think there's many players that I've ever seen that can touch what Dez can do, but Blackmon is more disciplined than him. You won't have the attitude problems, and dumb occurences off the field with him that you do with Dez. Blackmon is going to be an elite WR in the league.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 15, 2011, 02:55:00 AM

Yea Dez missed his entire last season because he was suspended by the ncaa. He had no nicks or football injuries so IMO his 40 time should have benefited from that. Im not buying he was so out of shape he couldnt run 40 yards. his being out of shape affected his over all workout, like the routes and stuff. But like I said, he has game speed. He will probably still clock a 4.5 And Vernon Davis' 4.3 wasnt just a combine thing. He consistently posted that time at Maryland. He is the strongest and fastest TE in the schools history. He is truly an athletic freak.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 29
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Justin Blackmon Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools