Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Justin Blackmon Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 27 28 29

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#420 : February 21, 2012, 07:06:16 PM

"There are uncountable clips of Blackmon making insane catches, but it's the one drop that can change a game that NFL coaches will ask about. And this wasn't a one-time issue, Blackmon had numerous drops in 2011.

The major complaint I have with Blackmon's hands are that he'll make amazing, jaw-dropping catches and then follow it up with an easy drop over the middle. His consistency needs work, and this all stems from concentration.

NFL Comparison : Terrel Owens. The comparison is almost too easy to make. The two wide receivers are very similar in size and speed, both dominate on quick routes as opposed to the long ball while each has been known for drops. "

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1020915-justin-blackmon-2012-nfl-draft-scouting-report

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

sharp2325

Starter

#421 : February 21, 2012, 07:54:23 PM

I'd take a Terrel Owens type player in the first. If he puts up similiar production to T.O. we would be dumbarses not to draft him.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#422 : February 21, 2012, 08:50:33 PM

I'd take a Terrel Owens type player in the first. If he puts up similiar production to T.O. we would be dumbarses not to draft him.

Amen.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#423 : February 21, 2012, 09:06:44 PM

Amen.
+1

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#424 : February 21, 2012, 09:27:54 PM

Blackmon is a beast. An inaccurate QB like Free would highly benefit by having a target as flexible as JB.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#425 : February 21, 2012, 09:46:41 PM

I've posted it before.....but this Sports Science bit is pretty sick. Some of it is silly, but the part that shows he actually gets higher than Plaxico Burress should stop any of the "he's only 6'1" nonsense.

sharp2325

Starter

#426 : February 21, 2012, 09:52:51 PM

It's time to go offense early in this draft. Blackmon in the 1st, Fleener in the 2nd and Pead in the 3rd. After that I don't care who they draft. It's time to get Freeman some weapons.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#427 : February 21, 2012, 10:15:26 PM

"There are uncountable clips of Blackmon making insane catches, but it's the one drop that can change a game that NFL coaches will ask about. And this wasn't a one-time issue, Blackmon had numerous drops in 2011.

The major complaint I have with Blackmon's hands are that he'll make amazing, jaw-dropping catches and then follow it up with an easy drop over the middle. His consistency needs work, and this all stems from concentration.

NFL Comparison : Terrel Owens. The comparison is almost too easy to make. The two wide receivers are very similar in size and speed, both dominate on quick routes as opposed to the long ball while each has been known for drops. "

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1020915-justin-blackmon-2012-nfl-draft-scouting-report
Bleacher Report is my favorite!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#428 : February 22, 2012, 06:59:42 AM

So would I.

But T.O. is just a comparision , there is no garantee he will actually become a T.O. , and meanwhile you are drafting a player EXTREMELY high in the draft who has questionable speed and questionable hands....

With so many great WR's available in FA this year  , why wouldn't we sign one of those proven guys and use the draft pick on something safer ??

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#429 : February 22, 2012, 07:44:07 AM

So would I.

But T.O. is just a comparision , there is no garantee he will actually become a T.O. , and meanwhile you are drafting a player EXTREMELY high in the draft who has questionable speed and questionable hands....

With so many great WR's available in FA this year  , why wouldn't we sign one of those proven guys and use the draft pick on something safer ??

I think if you're the Bucs GM then you go into FA with the intention of doing exactly that (signing a proven impact WR)...but with all the talk of franchise tags being worth less nowadays and more teams with sizeable cap space...then the net result is there aren't any guarantees. I personally believe Vincent Jackson would be an awesome addition but I also know if escapes the tag, there'll be a bunch of other teams after his services so you have to approach this thing with eyes (and mind) wide open. I have my own preferences of how this would play out and drafting Blackmon would not be a downer by any stretch of the imagination.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#430 : February 22, 2012, 07:49:36 AM

So would I.

I think if you're the Bucs GM then you go into FA with the intention of doing exactly that (signing a proven impact WR)...but with all the talk of franchise tags being worth less nowadays and more teams with sizeable cap space...then the net result is there aren't any guarantees. I personally believe Vincent Jackson would be an awesome addition but I also know if escapes the tag, there'll be a bunch of other teams after his services so you have to approach this thing with eyes (and mind) wide open. I have my own preferences of how this would play out and drafting Blackmon would not be a downer by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree , if we failed to get any of the big name WR's , I'd look more closely as Blackmon. I'd like to see him run in the low 4.5's at the combine though for sure. I personally just don't feel comfortable drafting a WR that high unless he has at least some decent speed. Especially for OUR offense which is in desperate need of someone with some explosiveness.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#431 : February 22, 2012, 08:14:20 AM

Personally I like Blackmon a lot but the only way I think he falls to 5 at this point is if St. Louis trades back with a Wash or Seattle.  If they end up trading back with the Brownies I'm fairly certain they snag him at 4.  Also I don't really see the Chargers tagging VJax AGAIN....over 13mil for 1yr and a pissed off wide out is not a good recipe.  Now they may sign him to a deal but I don't think they play the tag.
Page: 1 ... 27 28 29
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Justin Blackmon Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools