Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Penn St./Sandusky controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 08, 2011, 11:33:33 PM

Well Joe Pa knew about this and didn't report it to the right people I don't feel bad for him at all.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 09, 2011, 09:33:33 AM

Should Penn State face the death penalty for this?

the NCAA cant impose the death penalty for this. there was no acdemic imprpriety or cheating invloved. they will however face the death penalty in the court of public opinion. this is going to give Penn State a massive blackeye from a PR standpoint. these situations are the kind that nobody forgets. 50 years from now people will remember this. the university will have to live with this for the rest of its time. this is one sad, disgusting, shameful chapter in their history. this is similar to people thinking of the national guard and the klan when thinking of Ole Miss. some things are too awful to forget

its a shame that Joe Pa has to go out this way but thats how things are going to play out. i thought it was bad when we pushed Bowden out. This makes it look like nothing. i dont see how the university can keep him there in the wake of this. they will have to clean house just to even begin the closure process. im not really sure how involved paterno is with the program anymore as it is. he seems like just a figurehead at this point. but unfortunately he is still the boss and this happenened under his watch
really have to disagree with you here.  I see it more as just a temporary black eye.  people will be fired or force to retire but the university will survive.  5 years from now nobody in Pennsylvania will be talking about this. Maybe Paterno should have done more but he did report what he had heard to his superiors, which is all that is required of him. The administrators sat on it.  For all we know at this point, Sandusky could be innocent.  Paterno had no way of knowing if it were true or not.  He won't be remembered for this IMO.  And the entire University isn't going to be tarnish forever due to the actions of one pervert and a couple of incompetent administrators.  And for the record my family is from Ohio, my mother is a Ohio St. grad., and I was basically raised to be a Buckeye fan from birth.

VA_Buc30

Starter

#17 : November 09, 2011, 11:20:08 AM

I blame Mike McQueary more than Joe Paterno.  He actually witnessed the incident in the showers back in 2002.  I think he should have first kicked the $h!t out of Sandusky, then report it to police immediately.  I wouldn't have just run to the head coach.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 09, 2011, 11:43:35 AM

McQueary should have immediately called the police instead of going to Paterno the next day.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 09, 2011, 02:19:42 PM

Coach Sandusky giving football tips on how to line up correctly. If this wasn't a precursor of things to come, I don't know what is...SICKO!!!

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 09, 2011, 02:23:24 PM

ok. that make me laugh.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 09, 2011, 10:24:18 PM

Joe Pa out. 

Good.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 09, 2011, 11:30:19 PM

With Joe Pa being fired. Pretty much means Penn State won't be winning the Big Ten this year. Hopefully Ohio State can win out and make the Big Ten Championship game. Would be a good end to what has been a horrible season.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 10, 2011, 12:54:14 AM

My question is this:  What would Joe Pa had done if this were his children and/or grandchildren Sandusky violated?  Would Joe Pa allow Sandusky to care for his children/grandchildren?  Talk about wins all you want but this is by far the most disgusting thing any human could do or ALLOW TO HAPPEN - even if Joe Pa did nothing physically to these kids he still allowed this piece of garbage on the campus at Penn State, he did not report it to LE and McQuery dude seriously you need to be checked for manhood as had that been me I don't care who was in the shower my foot would have been so far up that booty he would need dental work to fix all the teeth I knocked out and dude would not have a member to molest again.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 10, 2011, 07:00:45 AM

One thing that Joe Pa didnt react and went to the police but the reports have said that the athletic director and alot of othe people was made aware of what was going on and NOONE REACTED.

And this is in no way an attempt to take away the spotlight or to defend joe pa, but its one horrible thing if one guy doesnt tell the cops, but when several other knows about it. Thats just disgusting.

Some may say "but joe paterno didnt do anything..", but thats what makes it so **CENSORED**ed up.

VA_Buc30

Starter

#25 : November 10, 2011, 10:20:17 AM

As a PSU alum, I'm disappointed in the Joe Pa firing, but understand it.  I more pissed about McQueary still being an employee and will be on the sideline on Saturday.  Especially with more information coming out of what he did that day he witnessed the act.   He calls his dad, who tells him to go home immediately and call the head coach?  What?  So he goes home and then calls Joe Pa the NEXT day?  What kind of man are you?
All the major media is focusing on Paterno, but I think this is a good article about McQueary: 

http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/michael_smerconish/20111110_The_Pulse__Why_didn_t_the_assistant_coach_who_witnessed_a_2002_sex_assault_intervene_.html

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 10, 2011, 04:22:19 PM

The way Penn State fired Joe Pa is a disgrace. You send a guy to his house that gives him a letter, saying to call someone at such and such number. When you think of Penn State you think of Joe Pa. Wonder how many recruits are already decommiting after this.

grandpaboy

Second String

#27 : November 10, 2011, 04:37:24 PM

The way Penn State fired Joe Pa is a disgrace. You send a guy to his house that gives him a letter, saying to call someone at such and such number. When you think of Penn State you think of Joe Pa. Wonder how many recruits are already decommiting after this.

Who cares.  Keeping your mouth closed for years about 10 year old boys being raped in your locker room is a bigger disgrace.  And who cares about recruits.  Wonder how many victims Joe Pa could have saved from Sandusky after 2002.   

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 10, 2011, 06:42:47 PM

As a PSU alum, I'm disappointed in the Joe Pa firing, but understand it.  I more pissed about McQueary still being an employee and will be on the sideline on Saturday.  Especially with more information coming out of what he did that day he witnessed the act.   He calls his dad, who tells him to go home immediately and call the head coach?  What?  So he goes home and then calls Joe Pa the NEXT day?  What kind of man are you?
All the major media is focusing on Paterno, but I think this is a good article about McQueary: 

http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/michael_smerconish/20111110_The_Pulse__Why_didn_t_the_assistant_coach_who_witnessed_a_2002_sex_assault_intervene_.html

McQueary should be gone too not just "coaching from the booth" but how can you be disappointed in firing Joe? He failed in the most basic way to be a proper leader of men.

Plus, as more comes out this wasn't a 2002 thing but likely something he knew about way back in 1998 based off of other events. There's a timeline here that says Sandusky admited being nude in the shower with a boy in 1998 and then the heir apparent suddenly retires the next year? That's a coincidence.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 10, 2011, 07:21:22 PM

Who cares.  Keeping your mouth closed for years about 10 year old boys being raped in your locker room is a bigger disgrace.  And who cares about recruits.  Wonder how many victims Joe Pa could have saved from Sandusky after 2002.
Who cares? If Penn State cared then why is McQueary still on the coaching staff? He SAW the whole thing happening.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Penn St./Sandusky controversy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools