Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “You Need To Give The Money Back” « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Madman

Hall of Famer
« : November 07, 2011, 11:18:52 AM »

You go Ian!

“You Need To Give The Money Back”
November 7th, 2011 Former Bucs guard Ian Beckles (1990-1996) didn’t hold back his disgust with the Buccaneers this morning on the WDAE-AM 620 airwaves.

In no particular order:

*Beckles went off on the Bucs running a “counter” play on 4th-and-1 in the first quarter, in disbelief that the Bucs are inept in short yardage.

*Quincy Black is a “terrible football player,” Beckles said, calling Black worse than former Beckles punching bag Barrett Ruud. Black is worse, per Beckles, because “Ruud tackled.” Beckles implored Black to void his $11 million guaranteed contract he scored in the offseason. “You need to give the money back. You suck.”

*Beckles blasted the Bucs heirarchy saying, “We’re just saving money. That’s all we’re doing.”

*The Bucs don’t fly to the ball at all, evident on Saints successful screens.

*Beckles struggled to define yungry. “200 yards [allowed on the ground. That’s not yungry,” Beckles said. “Punching someone in the face on a dead ball. I guess that’s yungry.”

*LeGarrette Blount running out of bounds to finish a long run with a defensive back to beat left Beckles in disbelief.

*As usual, Beckles was flummoxed to figure out why the Bucs don’t run more.

joebucsfan.com

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 07, 2011, 11:26:12 AM »

I was okay with bringing back Q.B. with the hopes that he would have a breakout year......WAS I WRONG!! He hasnt played worse than he has in the last 8 games...he is our worst football player and somehow he is constantly on the field......having Q.B. on this team should be insulting to all of us who in some way financially support this franchise. The outrage that QB is still playing has been noticable...but it needs to overflow...GET THIS GUY OUT OF THE LINEUP AND CUT HIM IN THE OFFSEASON. I will completely lose trust in our GM if he cant bite the bullet and do the same thing he did with Clayhands. Admit you mistake...fix it...and push forward.....Thats what men do.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #2 : November 07, 2011, 11:30:03 AM »

No doubt. Probelm is... Rah still thinks Quincy is a stud. Hoping that's just radio show talk cause Q sucks rocks.

Did you see that RB shove him off yesterday? Reminded me of when B. Marshall pushed him away like a child.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #3 : November 07, 2011, 11:32:25 AM »

Blame Dom and Morris not Quincy.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #4 : November 07, 2011, 11:33:32 AM »

You go Ian!

November 7th, 2011 Former Bucs guard Ian Beckles (1990-1996) didn’t hold back his disgust with the Buccaneers this morning on the WDAE-AM 620 airwaves.

I could be wrong, but didn't the Bucs start winning as soon as Beckles left the team?

Maybe he owes the Culverhouses some of his past paychecks.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 07, 2011, 11:34:13 AM »

I didn't like re-signing Black, but that was just because I thought he was average. I never imagined he would go from average to horrible like this.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #6 : November 07, 2011, 12:31:08 PM »

He missed some tackles yesterday that most NFL caliber players, let alone linebackers make.

In my opinion:
1) Don't allow Black to lead the team in cheer at the beginning of games. I'm not going to get fired up if Scott Milanovich is leading my team in a huddle. You need a leader on the field to inspire your team, if anything, at least Haywood is playing lights out on special teams and is a captain. I would prefer him over Black.

2) Bench this guy. Play Watson or Haywood. Hell... even play Nickel/Dime. Our corners are tackling better than he is right now. next man up.

3) You've already made an investment. Give him some time in practice and occasionally a few plays. Let him get in a rhythm. If he doesn't, just bite the bullet. The cap penalty is worth trimming the dead weight the roster spot would be if Black doesn't improve.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 07, 2011, 01:25:19 PM »

You go Ian!

In no particular order:

*Beckles went off on the Bucs running a “counter” play on 4th-and-1 in the first quarter, in disbelief that the Bucs are inept in short yardage.
this and the QB run by JJ along with a couple other straight up head scratchers.

*Quincy Black is a “terrible football player,” Beckles said, calling Black worse than former Beckles punching bag Barrett Ruud. Black is worse, per Beckles, because “Ruud tackled.” Beckles implored Black to void his $11 million guaranteed contract he scored in the offseason. “You need to give the money back. You suck.”
ive said this for years now, glad most everyone has come around.

*Beckles blasted the Bucs heirarchy saying, “We’re just saving money. That’s all we’re doing.”
there is now a cap floor and it will be hard floor soon, this argument is almost completely over as they wont have a choice. They have close to $100mil commited to the cap now.

*The Bucs don’t fly to the ball at all, evident on Saints successful screens.
very rarely do they attack the ball and the lack of solid, wrap up tackling just makes it worse

*Beckles struggled to define yungry. “200 yards [allowed on the ground. That’s not yungry,” Beckles said. “Punching someone in the face on a dead ball. I guess that’s yungry.”
Blount did snap and cost the team, but it wasnt a punch. It was a shove to the face. Id personally demonstrate the difference to Beckles if hed let me.

*LeGarrette Blount running out of bounds to finish a long run with a defensive back to beat left Beckles in disbelief.
This is nitpicking due to the face shove. Blount was only hnded the ball 13 times in one game. Despite his size and power, hes not a straight up run you over type of back. He wasnt the 2nd most elusive in the NFL last year by just running over people. Its not his style and a reason why hes struggled with short yardage. Beckles being a former player should be able to reconize this, but he cant for some unknown reason.

*As usual, Beckles was flummoxed to figure out why the Bucs don’t run more.
Beckles is most always flummoxed in regards to anything that doesnt involve sucking at G.

joebucsfan.com

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

sigma4321

Practice Squad

« #8 : November 07, 2011, 02:18:55 PM »

I have been a pewter report member for a while now. I frequently browse, but only 1 previous post. HOWEVER, I can't help myself and must vent before I explode regarding the play of Quincy Back. I am a die hard BUC fan and have given myself and everybody else excuses as to why Black is struggling, but I will no longer support  HER. I primarily keyed on him this past game. With no other way of putting it, HE SUCKS!! He gets manhandled on EVERY play. He can not play the pass, he can not diagnose a play, when he does hit somebody; he doesnt wrap up and gets drugged and treated like a doormat. I can go on and on..... not sure how long this guy has left in the league, let alone the BUCS who made him a rich man. Sorry to be negative, but this guy is REALLY IRKING me!!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 07, 2011, 02:32:05 PM »

Morris likes Black very much. Apparently our FO does as well considering the size/length of contract he just signed. I'm very dissapointed with several aspects of our 2011 bucs, Black is def. one of them. The worst part about how this year is going that is positions we thought were stable are very unstable and require attention. Taking our attention off of other spots such as O-line.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

-ts

Hall of Famer
« #10 : November 07, 2011, 02:35:40 PM »

We certainly need to add a play maker at LB to take over on the outside. IMO Foster is going to be a very good player for us when he gets comfortable in his role. However we need someone that teams have to game plan against. Vontaze Burfict please.

wolfet

Pro Bowler
« #11 : November 07, 2011, 04:09:26 PM »

I still think we will add a MLB next year with a top 15 pick and move Foster to WLB.  We will start Watson at SLB and keep Hayward around as a B-up for all three positions.

wolfet

Pro Bowler
« #12 : November 07, 2011, 04:10:28 PM »

Also, we need a true NT, so that if McCoy gets hurt we can move Price over to UT and don't have to see a guy like Miller on skates.  Miller sucked yesterday.

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #13 : November 07, 2011, 04:54:56 PM »

MIller is on skates every time I see him play. He wasn't this bad his rookie year.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 07, 2011, 04:57:30 PM »

I still think we will add a MLB next year with a top 15 pick and move Foster to WLB.  We will start Watson at SLB and keep Hayward around as a B-up for all three positions.

That would be a start. Then go grab a corner and a back up RB or Oline. That would make a world of difference.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “You Need To Give The Money Back” « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools