Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazers should be ready to get Cowher at all costs... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 07, 2011, 12:15:46 PM

So you have Jets-Steelers-Ravens-Packers-Patriots all doing well in the 3-4 set defense I love to watch all of those defense's....

Cowher is ready to go to the team that has a good QB and not have to tweek the team to much..... Glazers gave up 4 picks to get GRUDEN will not have to give up close to that to get him..

If this team losses to Houston-then Green Bay at 4-6 we will be looking at a new coach.. imo.. or Ray Jay will be so empty in 2012 if Raheem is still there..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 07, 2011, 12:17:44 PM

Houston switched to a 3-4 this year.

Yeah and they are 6-3 and going to come in here and have are asses handed to us...

just another example of a good 3-4 team thx for the info Madman..

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 07, 2011, 12:17:57 PM

Teams have done it and had success.  Green Bay for one.

Yeah for got about the Packers just another successful 3-4 team as well as the Pats..

Yep, Packers just switched two years ago. Worked out pretty well I'd say.
[/quote

For one the packers had the linebackers to do it and so did Houston. Once again LINEBACKERS are the most important thing to a 3-4 and a very good NT. We have neither of those.. For the record right now the Packers and Patriots are ranked worse then the Bucs defense.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 07, 2011, 12:19:12 PM

Yeah and they are 6-3 and going to come in here and have are asses handed to us...

Packers and Pats are ranked 32nd and 30th in defense and look at the Texans linebackers. All 4 of them would start in Tampa over our best one. I know you are ignoring it because you want to switch to a 3-4 so bad but if you have to replace all of your linebackers its not going to be successful.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 07, 2011, 12:19:16 PM

You switch to the 3-4 your setting yourself even farther back then people think we are now. It would be pointless. Our biggest problem on defense is linebackers and that is the most important part in the 3-4 defense. Your crazy if you think you would see improvement next year from the switch.

Bowers could switch to LB.. and you get some frickin LB's in free agency Glazers..  It would not be that hard..

keep dreaming man.. 3-4 switch would kill this defense for atleast another two years.

Can't be much worse than 28th.

Houston switched to a 3-4 THIS YEAR and now they are the #1 defense.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 07, 2011, 12:20:20 PM

You switch to the 3-4 your setting yourself even farther back then people think we are now. It would be pointless. Our biggest problem on defense is linebackers and that is the most important part in the 3-4 defense. Your crazy if you think you would see improvement next year from the switch.

Bowers could switch to LB.. and you get some frickin LB's in free agency Glazers..  It would not be that hard..

keep dreaming man.. 3-4 switch would kill this defense for atleast another two years.

Can't be much worse than 28th.

Houston switched to a 3-4 THIS YEAR and now they are the #1 defense.

All four linebackers on Houston would start on this team over our best linebacker. Once agian linebackers are the most important piece to a 3-4 along with a good NT and we have neither of those.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 07, 2011, 12:23:29 PM

That is also contigent on letting Cowher take full control and be able to get his players, plus we have DE's that could move to LB..    I still have hope that Price- McCoy and Miller could excel in a 3-4 type defense..

acacius

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 07, 2011, 12:23:32 PM

Why not the 4-3 isnt working. Look at Jets-Steelers-Ravens all dominant in the 3-4..  change with the times and the 4-3 or Tampa 2 is not the main defense anymore like it was in the late 90's and early 2000's.....
Meh, there's nothing inherent in the 3-4 that make sit superior.  There's certainly some piss-poor 3-4 defenses out there. The problem with the team's defense isn't that it's dated, just that it isn't very good.

That said ... it's not very good.  If the team decided to switch things up on the coaching staff, I'm not sure that I'd want a potential coach being a 3-4 guy to be a reason to disqualify him.  No matter what way you look at it, the team's defense needs work.

As far as it would go if we did go down that route, the biggest question in my mind would be whether or not Clayborn could hack it at OLB and what the heck we'd do with Price.  Bowers-Okam-McCoy would seem like a logical starting point for the defensive line (assuming McCoy could ever stay on the field).  Clayborn would have to put weight back on to play DE in a 3-4, and he seems to play much better at a lower weight.  And Price doesn't look like a 3-4 end to me at all.  Maybe he could manage things at NT?  It'd seem like kind of a waste.
: November 07, 2011, 12:27:41 PM acacius

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 07, 2011, 12:23:54 PM

Theres no way they get Cowher. Raheem will be around for at least another year. Book it.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 07, 2011, 12:24:53 PM

I agree LB is most important for 3-4 followed by a stout NT.

Bucs could have a decent 3-4 DL with Okam in the middle.  McCoy, Clayborn an Bowers are big enough to play DE in a 3-4.

They'd need 3 more LBs to play with Foster.

Not gonna happen but the top 3 defenses are 3-4.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 07, 2011, 12:26:36 PM

Packers and Pats are ranked 32nd and 30th in defense and look at the Texans linebackers. All 4 of them would start in Tampa over our best one. I know you are ignoring it because you want to switch to a 3-4 so bad but if you have to replace all of your linebackers its not going to be successful.

There ranks are not god your right, but the Packers are World Champions and the Pats have been good for so long.  I bet the Ravens -Jets Steelers and are ranked higher and have been fun to watch for sometime..

The current 4-3 is not getting any pressure on the QB and the blame goes on Raheem Morris....

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 07, 2011, 12:28:15 PM

I agree LB is most important for 3-4 followed by a stout NT.

Bucs could have a decent 3-4 DL with Okam in the middle.  McCoy, Clayborn an Bowers are big enough to play DE in a 3-4.

They'd need 3 more LBs to play with Foster.

Not gonna happen but the top 3 defenses are 3-4.

I also think Houston's defense is very inflated by a cupcake schedule. They gave up 40 points in one game to New Orleans. We haven't even giving up 30 points to NO and we played them twice. Nearly every offense we have played this year has been pretty good. They played Cleveland, Tenn, Jacksonville, Indy, and Miami who are all ranked near the bottom. You need to put that into consideration and I also think Houston was much closer to a 3-4 then we are.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 07, 2011, 12:28:40 PM

Theres no way they get Cowher. Raheem will be around for at least another year. Book it.

Well if you right get ready for crowds in the mid 30,ooo's then...  Glazers are stupid if they dont make a move....

Dungy and Gruden were fired for a lot less...

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 07, 2011, 12:29:38 PM

There ranks are not god your right, but the Packers are World Champions and the Pats have been good for so long.  I bet the Ravens -Jets Steelers and are ranked higher and have been fun to watch for sometime..

The current 4-3 is not getting any pressure on the QB and the blame goes on Raheem Morris....

Our line has played pretty good up untill last week so I won't put that blame on Raheem. Your missing two of your best interior Dlinemen and you have two rookies playing on the end, what do you expect? Our biggest problem is our linebackers and that needs to be addressed this offseason. Not to mention McCoy is the most disruptive player on our line.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 07, 2011, 12:30:17 PM

I also think Houston's defense is very inflated by a cupcake schedule. They gave up 40 points in one game to New Orleans. We haven't even giving up 30 points to NO and we played them twice. Nearly every offense we have played this year has been pretty good. They played Cleveland, Tenn, Jacksonville, Indy, and Miami who are all ranked near the bottom. You need to put that into consideration and I also think Houston was much closer to a 3-4 then we are.
Also: see KC.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazers should be ready to get Cowher at all costs... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools