Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazers should be ready to get Cowher at all costs... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 07, 2011, 12:30:58 PM

Why not the 4-3 isnt working. Look at Jets-Steelers-Ravens all dominant in the 3-4..  change with the times and the 4-3 or Tampa 2 is not the main defense anymore like it was in the late 90's and early 2000's.....
Meh, there's nothing inherent in the 3-4 that make sit superior.  There's certainly some piss-poor 3-4 defenses out there. The problem with the team's defense isn't that it's dated, just that it isn't very good.

That said ... it's not very good.  If the team decided to switch things up on the coaching staff, I'm not sure that I'd want a potential coach being a 3-4 guy to be a reason to disqualify him.  No matter what way you look at it, the team's defense needs work.

As far as it would go if we did go down that route, the biggest question in my mind would be whether or not Clayborn could hack it at OLB and what the heck we'd do with Price.  Bowers-Okam-McCoy would seem like a logical starting point for the defensive line (assuming McCoy could ever stay on the field).  Clayborn would have to put weight back on to play DE in a 3-4, and he seems to play much better at a lower weight.  And Price doesn't look like a 3-4 end to me at all.  Maybe he could manage things at NT?  It'd seem like kind of a waste.

Cowhers name alone would bring in some FA's and maybe even some Steelers would play for him...  Dominik would have to go into FREE AGENCY un like this year.. You go and get some players they don't have to be on the roster already..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 07, 2011, 12:34:03 PM

You switch to the 3-4 your setting yourself even farther back then people think we are now. It would be pointless. Our biggest problem on defense is linebackers and that is the most important part in the 3-4 defense. Your crazy if you think you would see improvement next year from the switch.

Bowers could switch to LB.. and you get some frickin LB's in free agency Glazers..  It would not be that hard..

keep dreaming man.. 3-4 switch would kill this defense for atleast another two years.

Can't be much worse than 28th.

Houston switched to a 3-4 THIS YEAR and now they are the #1 defense.

All four linebackers on Houston would start on this team over our best linebacker. Once agian linebackers are the most important piece to a 3-4 along with a good NT and we have neither of those.
The Bucs don't have the LB's or NT for a 4-3 defense, either, so what difference does it make? They have to go shopping for new players no matter what.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 07, 2011, 12:35:59 PM

I also think Houston's defense is very inflated by a cupcake schedule. They gave up 40 points in one game to New Orleans. We haven't even giving up 30 points to NO and we played them twice. Nearly every offense we have played this year has been pretty good. They played Cleveland, Tenn, Jacksonville, Indy, and Miami who are all ranked near the bottom. You need to put that into consideration and I also think Houston was much closer to a 3-4 then we are.
Also: see KC.

The same KC that has let more PPG then us this year? What about them?

Madman

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 07, 2011, 12:40:40 PM

Cowher Power!

Man those days with Kevin Greene and Greg Lloyd coming off the edge were fun to watch.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 07, 2011, 12:43:27 PM

I think Burflict would look even better in a 3-4 as a OLB.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 07, 2011, 12:44:21 PM

so would Teo playing ILB.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 07, 2011, 12:45:10 PM

The bottom line is 3-4 0r 4-3 who cares Cowher puts butt's in the stands and again the players want to play for him.. They sure dont want to play for Heemy..

Glazers gave up the 4 picks to get Gruden and got a world championship do the same thing with Cowher and we could have another one in 1-3 years...

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#37 : November 07, 2011, 12:45:46 PM

I'm resigned to the fact that Morris is probably not the HC to take us where we want to go. Halfway through the season the defense isn't improving and the OC is a turd. Morris has this year and next year on his current deal. I don't see things getting better with this coaching staff or personnel. Glazers would only have one year left on his deal if they opted to look elsewhere for a new coach.

Probably won't happen but after this season Morris would have had three full years to right the ship and ticket sales still lacking.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 07, 2011, 12:45:56 PM

Cowher also holds players and coaching accountable.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 07, 2011, 12:47:25 PM

I'm resigned to the fact that Morris is probably not the HC to take us where we want to go. Halfway through the season the defense isn't improving and the OC is a turd. Morris has this year and next year on his current deal. I don't see things getting better with this coaching staff or personnel. Glazers would only have one year left on his deal if they opted to look elsewhere for a new coach.

Probably won't happen but after this season Morris would have had three full years to right the ship and ticket sales still lacking.

What there paying Morris is peanuts to what they had to eat after they fired Gruden..  So Morris can be let go quite easily...

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#40 : November 07, 2011, 12:47:50 PM

+1

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 07, 2011, 12:48:10 PM

So true and that's what we need...   We dont have that right now at all.....

+65,ooo and many fans across the country...and the Bay Area..
: November 07, 2011, 12:49:52 PM ToddyBuc

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#42 : November 07, 2011, 12:52:51 PM

What there paying Morris is peanuts to what they had to eat after they fired Gruden.. So Morris can be let go quite easily...

Agreed. Morris is getting $2M per season right now. I'd prefer to see Cowher or Fisher here because I don't see things getting better.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 07, 2011, 01:18:19 PM

I also think Houston's defense is very inflated by a cupcake schedule. They gave up 40 points in one game to New Orleans. We haven't even giving up 30 points to NO and we played them twice. Nearly every offense we have played this year has been pretty good. They played Cleveland, Tenn, Jacksonville, Indy, and Miami who are all ranked near the bottom. You need to put that into consideration and I also think Houston was much closer to a 3-4 then we are.
Also: see KC.

The same KC that has let more PPG then us this year? What about them?

They're awful.  They were, admittedly, somewhat better last year, but their changing to a 3-4 defense a few years back didn't magically turn them into a powerhouse defense.  I was, I think, agreeing with you.

pewterblood

Second String

#44 : November 07, 2011, 01:49:37 PM

Too bad we already invested high draft picks on 4-3 D-linemen. I want Cowher but would he be willing to play with a 4-3?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazers should be ready to get Cowher at all costs... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools