Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The buck stops with Glazers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

: November 07, 2011, 01:56:06 PM

The coaching needs to improve. The players need to play better... However....

See the big picture...

I'm not losing my sh1t, like a lot of fans around here. I understand the reality of our situation here in Tampa. Although disappointed with our approach, I've found a way to embrace the youth movement.

BUT! - When criticisms are flying around about this team, coaches, gm, we have to also acknowledge Ownership's failings too.

BLAME THE GLAZERS.

The Glazers have given Dom and Morris very limited support. They are cheap. Whatev.

I saw the tough spot that Morris and Dom were handed, from a funding point of view.. Now, I see them taking the thumps and lumps for a problem created by the owner's mandate to go cheap.

To everyone that wants to blame Morris and Dom for our team not being great, GFY.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 07, 2011, 02:43:47 PM

Can't disagree. But who would want to coach here knowing that this is the situation and may be the situation going forward? It's self-defeating in the present AND future.

In Verner We Trust

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 07, 2011, 02:49:43 PM

I can feel the ignorant direction that the critic train is headed... That it is Morris's fault for not getting all of these prospects to beat the Saints twice in a year. Or, that it is Dom's fault, for not getting every thing right, sifting the salvage heap for affordable guys..

I'm not here to say that Morris is GREAT, or that Dom is FANTASTIC.

I'm here to assert the fact that we can't really know how well these guys can do, with the limited support that they have been given. It's a tough spot.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 07, 2011, 02:51:16 PM

...And that the Glazers are skating right along, with little public accountability in this.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 07, 2011, 03:03:50 PM

100% agree it all starts with the Glazers. Always starts at the top.

Unfortunately, the surest way to make money with an NFL franchise is to keep payroll low and rake in the TV money.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 07, 2011, 03:12:54 PM

Unfortunately, CRAP rolls down from the top.

Hate to say it fellow Buc fans, but right now, the Buccaneers org is all about making money, imo.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 07, 2011, 03:16:06 PM

Hate to say it fellow Buc fans, but right now, the Buccaneers org is all about making money, imo.

Congrats. You figured out The Plan!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 07, 2011, 03:18:29 PM

Sad.

What's fun, is that they have many fans cheering them on.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 07, 2011, 03:22:13 PM

I agree if your going to go around blaming people you may have to put the blame on them. They told them to build through the draft and gave them an internal cap. So Morris and Dom have to build through the draft and not sign anybody. You expect them to be playoff contenders right away? Im not surprised at how bad they look at all considering how much talent is on this team. Youngest team in the league certainly looks like it. They really need to add some veteran leadership. Spend some money on a couple of vets on offense and defense that can be good leaders and also leaders by example. They are really lacking that. Theres a reason why the word "youngry" never got made. Because young teams like the Bucs rarely are big winning teams in this league.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 07, 2011, 03:44:13 PM

The Bucs play like a team that knows it's at a disadvantage: owners won't put the best team on the field, coaches don't know how to coach up what's there. Bad combination.

In Verner We Trust

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 07, 2011, 03:44:29 PM

...And that the Glazers are skating right along, with little public accountability in this.

Look at this board and this is the tip of the iceberg.. Fans are tired of this and we are speaking and if it stays this way they wont have anybody in those stands in 2012..

Sale the team to someone who cares..   Go and put all of your effort in a sport nobody in America gives a damn about ....

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 07, 2011, 08:18:50 PM

The Buccaneers signed Free Agents to the second highest amount (to only the Eagles) of total contracts in the NFL this offseason.  It's not their fault that money wasn't spent very wisely.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#12 : November 07, 2011, 08:19:45 PM

Unfortunately, CRAP rolls down from the top.

I think that every Bucs fan over the age of 10 knows this to be a fact.  It's painfully obvious and nothing we can do about it.  If you stay away from the games at RayJay then the Glazers will cry that they can't make any $$ in Tampa so they will have to just have more games in London.  They are positioning themselves for a possible move for sure.  I really miss the days of when Malcolm ran the team.  I wanna punch his scumbag sons right in the face for making this team a joke.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 07, 2011, 08:26:15 PM

The Buccaneers signed Free Agents to the second highest amount (to only the Eagles) of total contracts in the NFL this offseason.  It's not their fault that money wasn't spent very wisely.

Not really good with the monetary part of the NFL, but how is guaranteed money/signing bonuses factored into that?

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 07, 2011, 08:40:59 PM

Ahhhhh there is enough blame to go around. You can't blame the Glazers for the 10 penelties a game....thats on Rah. You can't blame the Glazers for signing Quincy Black and MC80 to big deals....Thats on Dom. You ca't blame the Glazers for putting in Josh Johnson....Thats on Ollie, and you cant blame them for for all those misssed tackles. Yes it all starts at the top but Joe Maddon and the Rays seem to make it work witha low payroll.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The buck stops with Glazers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools