Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount needs to go « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

Ghost of Gruden

Second String

: November 08, 2011, 07:46:45 AM

I'm sure everyone will say that I'm negative blah blah blah but the reality of the situation is that Blount is a poor-mans Brandon Jacobs and will never be a pro bowl caliber RB.  The guy lacks speed, vision, blocking, and the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, yet most people think this guy is a legit threat.  IMO he is yet another problem Freeman is having to deal with. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 08, 2011, 07:51:33 AM

can't catch or block to any great degree and can't be used on short yardage. he's a compliment back and not who you want as a main back. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 08, 2011, 07:52:51 AM

Bwahahhahaha!

Ghost of Gruden

Second String

#3 : November 08, 2011, 07:53:00 AM

My exact thoughts but for whatever reason people think this guy is the real deal.  Caddy was 10x the back this guy is.  What I dont understand is how Lumpkin has been able to pick up the 3rd down role over this GREAT BACK!  Lumpkin would be lucky to be on another teams practice squad.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 08, 2011, 07:54:15 AM

How many drops does he have? To my memory he has caught every ball that has been thrown to him. There are only a handful of RB in the history of the NFL that could gain yardage without good offensive line play. Look at CJ this year! Blount is very dangerous, but he needs a hole like everyone else in the league. I was pissed at him for the personal foul but let's not get to excited here.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 08, 2011, 07:55:04 AM

Wow. Out of all the ridiculous ignorant threads I've seen over the last 3 days....this takes the cake. It's Tuesday guys. The temporary insanity should have wore off by now. Time to stop acting like idiots.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 08, 2011, 07:56:12 AM

My exact thoughts bought for whatever reason people think this guy is the real deal.  Caddy was 10x the back this guy is.
I wouldn't go that far.  he does some things very well and can be a weapon.  But he is limited and makes the offense predictable.  A healthy Graham probably would be a better asset to the offense than Blount.

Ghost of Gruden

Second String

#7 : November 08, 2011, 07:56:38 AM

Dangerous????  The guy is not a homerun threat, suspect in the passing game, and doesn't hit the hole with authority! 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 08, 2011, 07:59:43 AM

Wow. Out of all the ridiculous ignorant threads I've seen over the last 3 days....this takes the cake. It's Tuesday guys. The temporary insanity should have wore off by now. Time to stop acting like idiots.
if thinking Blount needs to be paired with another all around back is ignorant then call me ignorant.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 08, 2011, 07:59:49 AM

4.4 yards per carry average with below average run blocking....yeah he is horrible. Get a clue.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 08, 2011, 08:01:09 AM

Ridiculous. Blount has his weaknesses, sure, but they guy is by far the best running back the Bucs have had on the roster since alstott/Dunn/Pittman. You can say he can't catch but he has caught every pass thrown to him and made good gains, why doesn't Olson use him like that more? Also, I think the larger problem now that Graham is out, is that Lumpkin is no threat to run ever, so it telegraphs the offense even worse then before. While I would love to see Blount have a bigger role on third down, there are a lot of first string backs that aren't also considered legit third down backs in today's NFL.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

NittanyBuc

Starter

#11 : November 08, 2011, 08:02:17 AM

Yeah Legarrette! You suck because the OC panics when down 7 and immediately reverts to a passing game plan.

Seriously? He's not a homerun threat ONLY BECAUSE THEY DON'T GIVE HIM THE BALL! 13 carries for 72 yards, a 5.5 average this past week. Compare his carries last year to this year and you'll see why his production has suffered. Get real....
: November 08, 2011, 08:11:12 AM nttnybuc

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 08, 2011, 08:02:42 AM

if thinking Blount needs to be paired with another all around back is ignorant then call me ignorant.

That is not what you said and it isn't what the OP said and it isn't what this thread is about. Don't try to change up the base of the argument now. Of course we need another solid back to pair him with. Every team in the league has been using tandems for years now.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 08, 2011, 08:03:25 AM

Winslow needs to go. Blunt got a penalty and deserved it. But that penalty he got happens more than once every game, just doesnt always get called.
 But what Winslow did to another teammate has been under played. To physically grab another player and try to sling him across the field on national tv is uncalled for.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 08, 2011, 08:04:20 AM

not horrible but not complete either. 

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount needs to go « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools