Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount needs to go « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 08, 2011, 08:05:01 AM

Yes. Winslow is an over rated d-bag and does need to go.

Draft Aaron Donald

Ghost of Gruden

Second String

#16 : November 08, 2011, 08:07:11 AM

These comments just prove my point!  Now its the coaches fault for not giving the guy a chance.  Obviously they have no faith in the guy to catch the ball otherwise he would be in the game on 3rd down instead of a practice squad player like Lumpkin.  This offense is predictable because Blount is suspect in the passing game and is no threat to go 80 yards with it.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 08, 2011, 08:07:22 AM

Wow. Out of all the ridiculous ignorant threads I've seen over the last 3 days....this takes the cake. It's Tuesday guys. The temporary insanity should have wore off by now. Time to stop acting like idiots.
if thinking Blount needs to be paired with another all around back is ignorant then call me ignorant.

That is not what you said and it isn't what the OP said and it isn't what this thread is about. Don't try to change up the base of the argument now. Of course we need another solid back to pair him with. Every team in the league has been using tandems for years now.
Its exactly what I'm saying.  I don't agree with the OP.  I like Blount.  Cut him?  Hell no. 

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#18 : November 08, 2011, 08:09:10 AM

My exact thoughts but for whatever reason people think this guy is the real deal.  Caddy was 10x the back this guy is.  What I dont understand is how Lumpkin has been able to pick up the 3rd down role over this GREAT BACK!  Lumpkin would be lucky to be on another teams practice squad.

Its amazing how fast people forget. When Caddy first got here he couldn't catch a cold. Over time he improved his hands and became a good receiving back. Do you really think first and second year players will "always" have there way against guys starting in this league five plus years?

Ghost of Gruden

Second String

#19 : November 08, 2011, 08:09:37 AM

not horrible but not complete either.
This is the point of this thread.  In order to be a super bowl contender we need a new feature back!  I forgot the standards around this place have changed so in order to be "average" Blount is our best option.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 08, 2011, 08:11:00 AM

Wow. Out of all the ridiculous ignorant threads I've seen over the last 3 days....this takes the cake. It's Tuesday guys. The temporary insanity should have wore off by now. Time to stop acting like idiots.
if thinking Blount needs to be paired with another all around back is ignorant then call me ignorant.

That is not what you said and it isn't what the OP said and it isn't what this thread is about. Don't try to change up the base of the argument now. Of course we need another solid back to pair him with. Every team in the league has been using tandems for years now.
Its exactly what I'm saying.  I don't agree with the OP.  I like Blount.  Cut him?  Hell no.

The second post of the thread.....

can't catch or block to any great degree and can't be used on short yardage.

Yeah. Sounds like you love him.

Draft Aaron Donald

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 08, 2011, 08:16:41 AM

love him no.  like him yes.  he's a fun guy to watch run and he's damn good at breaking tackles and getting tough yards up the middle.  the hurdles are just gravy.  but when a 250 pound back can't be relied on when it's 4th and 1 or be a weapon running screens or isn't a threat to run outside you can't really say he's an ideal featured back.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 08, 2011, 08:18:22 AM

This is the point of this thread.  In order to be a super bowl contender we need a new feature back!  I forgot the standards around this place have changed so in order to be "average" Blount is our best option.

Did you watch last year? Just curious cause Blount was a human highlight reel. He was top 5 in the league in carries of 20+ yards, 40+ yards, and YPC. This year he has hardly had a chance to do anything but he still has a 4.4 YPC average, 3 carries over 20 yards, and 3 TDs.  He's hasn't had an opportunity to be our third down back so stfu with the can't block or catch nonsense. This seriously has to be the most ignorant argument I've seen. No factual basis what so ever. Just an idiot with verbal diarrhea and some other idiots lapping it up. Enjoy.

Draft Aaron Donald

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 08, 2011, 08:19:51 AM

The running game is where Olsen is SERIOUSLY clueless. Blount isn't perfect, but he HAS improved his form running in traffic by getting his pads lower, which utilizes his natural power much better and is getting him more consistant yardage this year. He ran very upright last season and early this year, resulting in too many negative plays. On short yardage, to be effective, a RB needs either GREAT blocking, especially vs a NINE man front, or QUICK feet to evade defensive penetration, to be successful when the blocking isn't there. Blount has neither. He does catch the ball well; just look at his numbers! Blocking I've not really tracked.
    An aside; Mike Alstott, who we're ALL a big fan of, was well known to be a terrible blocker! That's a big part of why Gruden couldn't figure out how to use him in his WC-style offense...
    Blount IS very talented and explosive when used properly in a well-designed GAME PLAN. Now if Olsen would just show us he knew how to do that by PUTTING HIS PLAYERS IN POSITIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL WITH HIS PLAY CALLING!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 08, 2011, 08:20:13 AM

Did you watch last year? Just curious cause Blount was a human highlight reel. He was top 5 in the league in carries of 20+ yards, 40+ yards, and YPC. This year he has hardly had a chance to do anything but he still has a 4.4 YPC average, 3 carries over 20 yards, and 3 TDs.  He's hasn't had an opportunity to be our third down back so stfu with the can't block or catch nonsense. This seriously has to be the most ignorant argument I've seen. No factual basis what so ever. Just an idiot with verbal diarrhea and some other idiots lapping it up. Enjoy.
says the guy whose idea of a great back is Spann and Bradford

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 08, 2011, 08:21:09 AM

oh and Doug Martin is better than Trent Richardson

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 08, 2011, 08:21:29 AM

oooh good come back. Only used it 4 times in 2 days. Time for some new material loser.

Draft Aaron Donald

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 08, 2011, 08:23:50 AM

I can go back to using my beanie material.

Ghost of Gruden

Second String

#28 : November 08, 2011, 08:25:45 AM

says the guy whose idea of a great back is Spann and Bradford
Another homer that's proving nothing.  The guy obviously has issues blocking and catching otherwise we would've tried doing it the past 2 years.  You seem content with and "average" team so keep thinking to yourself Blount is a featured back in this league.  Please argue this fact:  He looks more like Brandon Jacobs than Arian Foster, LeSean McCoy, Ray Rice, Frank Gore, Ryan Mathews, Darren Sproles...the list goes on and on

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 08, 2011, 08:29:25 AM

He picks 50 guys in CFB he likes for the Bucs and 2/3rd of them are late round types which he then proceeds to promote the hell out of.  He does love average. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount needs to go « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools