Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This team has earned a 4-4 record « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: November 08, 2011, 08:09:34 AM

They have earned 4 wins and deserved 4 losses. It is unrealistic to expect the youngest team in the league to sweep the Saints. The Saints are an experienced team led by a future HOF QB. Beating them even once a year is an accomplishment. Our Bucs have already earned at least a split with the fowlgoons. That's progress in the division. The team is young and inconsistent. Part of the solution is more talent at several positions. Changing coaches would just add to the problem right now. The die is cast for this season. The Bucs are still in the mix for the playoffs, but even if they get there, nobody expects them to get very far.

This is a team that needs another draft and a full off-season program to be able to compete on a regular basis. They don't need new coaches and new systems. They will succeed with what is familiar to them. The second half of this season will shape the roster for 2012 and determine our draft position. I am disappointed in the performance so far, but lessons are being learned. They are gaining experience.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 08, 2011, 02:46:31 PM

I hope you are right because they have eight games to go to validate this approach.  More importantly a three game gauntlet that they need to show some fight for the rest of the season, and playoff hopes too.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#2 : November 08, 2011, 02:52:28 PM

I think the surprise 10-6 season in 2010, excellerated everyone's expectations of this rebyuilding process. It's going tot ake time to develop young players into Veterans who can play consistently, control their emotions, play together. This team has potential, but being very young, and with very little Veteran leadership it's tough to expect the youngest team in the league to be consistent.

No offseason hurt, injuries hurt, but the lack of progression hurts the most. As it seems from what I see the Bucs continue to make the same mistakes over and over. That screams of lack of leadership to me. Yes, the Saints are good, a Super Bowl contender. But the slow starts, and costly penalties is what kills this team and nothing changes week in and week out. I want to see progress signs that things are getting better, and that's not something I see with this team.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 08, 2011, 03:06:17 PM

I think the surprise 10-6 season in 2010, excellerated everyone's expectations of this rebyuilding process. It's going tot ake time to develop young players into Veterans who can play consistently, control their emotions, play together. This team has potential, but being very young, and with very little Veteran leadership it's tough to expect the youngest team in the league to be consistent.

No offseason hurt, injuries hurt, but the lack of progression hurts the most. As it seems from what I see the Bucs continue to make the same mistakes over and over. That screams of lack of leadership to me. Yes, the Saints are good, a Super Bowl contender. But the slow starts, and costly penalties is what kills this team and nothing changes week in and week out. I want to see progress signs that things are getting better, and that's not something I see with this team.

Agree. This place's expectations have increased a lot from the record last year. They say there's no improvement but I saw us beating the saints and falcons. That is improvement. The team is still so young and will take its lumps. People want the division championship now. They want the playoffs now. It's just not possible and really takes a little patience. Morris and Dom aren't going anywhere because they lost games they should have lost. The Glazers like raheem and his pricetag. They want to build through the draft and win with those guys.

Agree or disagree its the plan and whether you like it or not this is what they are doing. Try to enjoy the process and hope things turn around. They certainly can. They will add more talent. For now the experience they are getting is priceless. All those mistakes you see can be good things as long as they learn from them. For the rest of the season my expectations are that they keep learning and getting better. Go have a strong draft and possibly add somebody in fa or two. Whatever the plan is. Just keep working at it. Things will come together.
: November 08, 2011, 03:08:06 PM BucBalla85

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 08, 2011, 03:09:59 PM

I think it's more luck they're 4-4. In the 4 wins, they've outscored their opponents by 20 points. In their 4 losses they've been outscored by 69 points. They're #15 in total offense and #29 in total offense. They're closer to a 3-5 team.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 08, 2011, 03:13:04 PM

The lockout definitely hurt the Bucs, and the loss of key players has had more of an effect than it did in '10. The thing that is most disturbing is the drastic mood swings that occur after each win or loss. These guys have to take their lumps. They are better than many veteran teams, but far from ready to compete with the Puckers. Green Bay is the only team I would describe as elite at the halfway point of the season. Any other team in the league is beatable, but the Bucs aren't going to beat anybody if they can't show some degree of improvement over the past few weeks.I keep waiting for Freeman to catch fire, and so far it hasn't really happened, not even in the wins. I expect much better from everybody in '12.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 08, 2011, 03:19:24 PM

I think it's more luck they're 4-4. In the 4 wins, they've outscored their opponents by 20 points. In their 4 losses they've been outscored by 69 points. They're #15 in total offense and #29 in total offense. They're closer to a 3-5 team.

Yet everyone acts surprised at this and expect better from this team. It's gonna be a process. It's what the Glazers have chosen to do whether anybody likes it or not.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This team has earned a 4-4 record « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools