Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Want DT - Haynesworth Available « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 08, 2011, 02:30:51 PM

He knows this is his last shot and it might be ours at salvaging the season.

He said that when he landed in New England. How did that work out?
he wasn't great but he wasn't that bad either.  he can still push the pocket.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 08, 2011, 02:32:22 PM

Bucs are near dead last defensively in nearly every category, and if I was the Bucs would I put in a claim ASAP. McCargo/Haynesworth/Price/Miller allows a decent rotation and allows the DE's like Bennett and Johnson to stay on the outsdie.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#32 : November 08, 2011, 02:33:27 PM

Is it a rule in this forum that every "name" player that is released that a thread has to be started seeing if the Bucs should sign them? I remember when there was good football talk in this forum, not just speculation and talking more about other players than our own.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 08, 2011, 02:34:00 PM

What if both end up on their backs?  Who will turn them over?  :o

Unfortunately, you have to put the animal down. I know it doesn't sound humane, but someone runs out on the field with a rifle and well... I'll let you figure out the rest.

cryptfiend

Starter

#34 : November 08, 2011, 02:34:02 PM

Seriously?

1 year contract for close to the minimum with a second year option.  This dude was the best there was a while back, and even while in washington he was making enough of an impact to help orakpo get sacks.  We have nothing to lose, and quite literally everything to gain by signing him.

This needs to be done.  The glazers need to prove that they are serious about winning football games.  This guy is better than anything else available at a position we need.  There are no "young guys" who need the snaps more than he does as a starter.  he will come cheaply.  We are the system he thrives in.

Come on glazers.  A bit of good will towards your fan base.  You literally have nothing to lose.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 08, 2011, 02:34:34 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Albert Haynesworth - DL - Patriots Patriots waived DT Albert Haynesworth.
The Boston Globe's Greg Bedard pointed out Monday night that Haynesworth turned in three of the worst plays ever seen by a defensive tackle in Week 9. Haynesworth got "ragdolled easy," pancaked, and then fell down with a soft shove against the Giants, leading to a sideline confrontation with DL coach Pepper Johnson. Haynesworth still has the talent to excel, but his heart isn't it. It will be interesting to see if Eagles DL coach Jim Washburn, who had Haynesworth in Tennessee, will push for a waiver claim. He's a locker room cancer at this point. Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 08, 2011, 02:36:43 PM

who is going to claim him?  wait a few days and try to sign him on our own terms.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 08, 2011, 02:37:49 PM

I worry about his attitude and lack of effort spilling over to our younger guys. Sure, he has talent, but I don't believe he still has any "Want To".

specopload1

Practice Squad
#38 : November 08, 2011, 02:38:48 PM

Because we want it..they wont do it!

moose40

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 08, 2011, 02:39:02 PM

Seriously?

1 year contract for close to the minimum with a second year option.  This dude was the best there was a while back, and even while in washington he was making enough of an impact to help orakpo get sacks.  We have nothing to lose, and quite literally everything to gain by signing him.

This needs to be done.  The glazers need to prove that they are serious about winning football games.  This guy is better than anything else available at a position we need.  There are no "young guys" who need the snaps more than he does as a starter.  he will come cheaply.  We are the system he thrives in.

Come on glazers.  A bit of good will towards your fan base.  You literally have nothing to lose.
Unfortunately, they may be more concerned about futbol than football

cryptfiend

Starter

#40 : November 08, 2011, 02:45:43 PM

Seriously?

Unfortunately, they may be more concerned about futbol than football

Which is precisely why they need to make this move.  Prove to us that you are interested in your football team.  It costs nothing, and could reap big rewards in the end.  bowers-haynesworth-mccoy-clayborn.  Thats a damn nice line right there.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 08, 2011, 02:47:48 PM

Is it a rule in this forum that every "name" player that is released that a thread has to be started seeing if the Bucs should sign them? I remember when there was good football talk in this forum, not just speculation and talking more about other players than our own.

Our best DT just got put on IR and we got gashed on the ground last game. Now a guy who was the best DT in the league not too long ago is available. You don't think this is thread worthy?

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#42 : November 08, 2011, 02:56:27 PM

Sign him.. We need some toughness on this team.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 08, 2011, 02:56:54 PM

Our best DT just got put on IR and we got gashed on the ground last game. Now a guy who was the best DT in the league not too long ago is available. You don't think this is thread worthy?

Albert Haynesworth is NOT thread worthy. I guess some of us have a very short memory.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

champkind

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 08, 2011, 03:00:08 PM

All you guys who are like "he will be great playing in a 4-3 again," need to wise up. NE has been playing almost exclusively 4-3 all year. He sucks and he's and a$$hole.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Want DT - Haynesworth Available « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools