Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sandusky « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

Hate

Hall of Famer
: November 08, 2011, 08:18:54 PM

After reading up on this guy, all i can say is WOW..... and Paterno should be relieved of his duties immediately!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 08, 2011, 08:42:21 PM

Everyone involved should be fired.

How the GA sees Sandusky raping a 10 year old and doesn't try and stop him right then is hard to fathom, how his next call is to his dad and not 911 is also hard to imagine.
JoePa heard about the story, passes it up the food chain and then does nada to follow up on it
Then the two schleps at the top of the food chain take one action, to ask Sandusky not to rape kids on PSU property and their efforts end.

50 years of being a good guy for JoePa have just evaporated in the face of this.

I've asked elsewhere, this coverup is worse than anything SMU, UM, FSU, USC or whatever ever did. I mean child rape has to be worse on any scale than paying players and this clearly is an institutional problem. Shouldn't PSU get the lack of institutional control death penalty? Paying Erik **CENSORED**erson is chump change compared to enabling a child predator.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 09, 2011, 01:27:54 AM

Obviously this story is disturbing. But of this surprises anyone then you haven't been with the times. You have people sticking kids in microwaves, selling kids off for drugs. Penn State KNEW this would kill the rep of the University and seeing as football is such a big income for them. They did everything they could to keep this from going to the public. They're in some big trouble not only legal wise but they will for sure lose fans and a lot of money from this whole scandal. You don't go to Penn State to earn a good education, you go there to play football. This isn't Vanderbilt who has a great academic program.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 09, 2011, 08:46:06 AM

Penn State is a fine school.  Your Ohioness is showing Legend.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 09, 2011, 08:53:43 AM

Unfortunately S&B this will tarnish all aspects of this college. Especially if it comes out that people outside of the football program new about. Just a disgusting story to listen to. From what I hear Penn St. is working on an "exit strategy" for Mr. Paterno. A terrible terrible story.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 09, 2011, 09:13:33 AM

yeah, I am now of the persuasion that  Paterno has to go.  At least he is leaving the game with the most wins in NCAA history.  But the university will survive.  some heads will roll and it will be all but forgotten in a few years.  it's too big to fail.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 09, 2011, 09:48:10 AM

I dont think it does much to tarnish Paterno. He and others did notify the people above them and reported it properly. Paterno did not witness it, so not sure why hed be expected to contact authorities. Im sure from that point, the higher ups decided to try to hide debacle though to try to protect the school.

Honestly, i think the school is responsible for the inactions, not Paterno.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 09, 2011, 09:55:03 AM

no one said life was  fair and since he is the only household name people know and it's human nature to throw blame around and demand action be taken he probably will be forced out.  then again it's probably a convenient excuse to get rid of the dinosaur that the game has passed by and get a fresh new coach in.  Penn St. was once an elite program competing for national championships every year.  I'm sure their base want to return to those days.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 09, 2011, 10:59:16 AM

I dont think it does much to tarnish Paterno. He and others did notify the people above them and reported it properly. Paterno did not witness it, so not sure why hed be expected to contact authorities. Im sure from that point, the higher ups decided to try to hide debacle though to try to protect the school.

Honestly, i think the school is responsible for the inactions, not Paterno.

The procedure was probably for JoePa to notify the Uni higher ups, which he did. But given the nature of the charges, I can't see any way a HC continues to allow this guy to work there. JoePa has full authority to can his DC, and given the nature of the charges, he should have IMMEDIATELY ask for Sandusky's resignation. That Paterno allowed him to coach one more minute after learning of these allegations is what gets me. Let the lawyers, admins deal with the veracity of the charges, but as HC you have to IMMEDIATELY get this guy as far away from your program as possible.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 09, 2011, 11:10:43 AM

Sandusky had already retired years earlier, 1999.  He was being allowed to use the school's facilities for his "rape a young boy in the shower" foundation at the time this allegedly happened.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 09, 2011, 12:32:48 PM

Here is a link to what happened previously, as scribed by the Grand Jury that heard the case

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/11/06/sports/ncaafootball/20111106-pennstate-document.html

- Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 09, 2011, 12:33:27 PM

Sandusky had already retired years earlier, 1999.  He was being allowed to use the school's facilities for his "rape a young boy in the shower" foundation at the time this allegedly happened.

That's kind of what it sounds like.

- Everyone

Hate

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 09, 2011, 12:35:26 PM

If something like this happens under my watch, i'm contacting the cops, not my boss. That's the part that makes no sense to me. And with all the dirt that is SURE to come out in the very near future, I'm really surprised Sandusky hasn't put a bullet in his brain already. Or is he still incarcerated??
: November 09, 2011, 12:37:12 PM Hate

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 09, 2011, 12:36:45 PM

If something like this happens under my watch, i'm contacting the cops, not my boss. That's the part that makes no sense to me.

Absolutely.  It's crazy to think that's not the first thing JoePa thought to do.  Definitely smells like he was thinking coverup from the start.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 09, 2011, 12:55:47 PM

Is Paterno mentally with it enough to be thinking cover-up?  Is he even capable of rational thougts these days?

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sandusky « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools