Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sandusky « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 09, 2011, 02:02:16 PM

Penn St. WR coach Mike McQueary was the one who witness the act.  Being he had just been a QB there and Sandusky was old man you would think he could  have physically rescued the boy or at he very least called the cops.  All this would've been avoided.  Once the police were involved no one could have covered it up.  But no.  he waits until the next day and tells Paterno.
: November 09, 2011, 02:04:09 PM Skull and Bones

grandpaboy

Second String

#16 : November 09, 2011, 03:07:49 PM

Obviously what Sandusky did is disgusting.  The fact that he has 6 adopted kids should be a big concern too.  Paterno deserves all kinds of blame for allowing this to go on in his 'temple'.  He knew about Sandusky's behavior, who was supposed to be his successor, in 1998 and then abruptly retired in 1999.  Why did he retire?  I think we all know that answer.  Paterno then again learned about Sandusky's behavior when Mike McQueary reported in 2002.  All he did was report to his superior?  Way to pass the buck.  This is no a $100 hand shake to an 18 year old, this is a 10 year old being raped in your locker room.  Paterno assisted in covering this up and every child who was abused by Sandusky after the fact can blame King Paterno who always 'did things the right way.'  Give me a break.  Paterno now seems like a huge fraud.  How is that moral compass Joe?  Do the right thing even when it ain't easy, huh.  What else has been covered up?  Did Sandusky have some dirt on Joe?  Is that why he kept that office and emeritus status.  I think I smell a rat.           

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 09, 2011, 05:27:04 PM

I can understand the asst coach initally shocked and paralyzed by witnessing what he did....initially.  But after speaking to his dad, you would have thought that both of them would have thought RESCUE in a conversation that followed.

Is JoePa not aware of all the charges within the Catholic Church of predators?  Surely he is not so dim as to think this stuff would not continue in some form or other and take the moral responsibility of his unique status within the community to call the cops.

And of all the disturbing thoughts is that of the president, and other top officials within the Penn State family brushing this under the rug on their watch....all who knew about this should be replaced without thought of position etc.

Evidently not one of these people thought about the young men who were victims.  And doesn't it make this story even worse that thevictims were culled from poor, already abused boys by the very not for profit created to help them get a bit ahead in life.  And for the families of the guilty, who are also innocent, imagine the shame brought on by their fathers....some of these sons and daughters are involved in other schools as coaches, administrators etc.  How awful for them as well.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 09, 2011, 05:56:58 PM

Firing the Admins that covered it up isn't enough. Charge them with aiding and abetting after the fact or interfering with justice or RICO or something.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 09, 2011, 06:04:24 PM

I can understand the asst coach initally shocked and paralyzed by witnessing what he did....initially.

I can't buy that, Lady D..... how do you witness that being done to a child, and walk away???? There is no justification for that..... none!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 09, 2011, 06:39:01 PM

I can understand the asst coach initally shocked and paralyzed by witnessing what he did....initially.

I can't buy that, Lady D..... how do you witness that being done to a child, and walk away???? There is no justification for that..... none!!!

I can't fathom it but if he'd run off and at least dialed 9-1-1 I could perhaps understand it but calling your dad...no way.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 09, 2011, 07:18:38 PM

I vaguely remembered this from years ago but this is exactly how a father should handle a pedophile:

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 09, 2011, 10:45:06 PM

Joe Pa fired tonight......Tom Bradley named head coach.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 09, 2011, 11:34:15 PM

Penn State is a fine school.  Your Ohioness is showing Legend.
Penn State is a fine school? Come on man. No fine school would cover this up. Hell you even said later they invited him on campus to rape young boys in the shower.
This school knew what was going on.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 09, 2011, 11:41:33 PM

Joe Pa fired tonight......Tom Bradley named head coach.

Everyone involved in the cover-up should suffer.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 10, 2011, 01:50:42 AM

And now students are rioting since Paterno was fired. They are throwing rocks, turning vehicles, over and taking down light poles.

Police are being called in with riot gear and tear gas. According to SBNation.com, the situation is "rapidly escalating."

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/11/10/2551266/penn-state-joe-paterno-fired-student-riot

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 10, 2011, 07:20:50 AM

McQueary needs to be next

blountforcetrauma

Rookie

#27 : November 10, 2011, 08:15:38 AM

I dont think it does much to tarnish Paterno. He and others did notify the people above them and reported it properly. Paterno did not witness it, so not sure why hed be expected to contact authorities. Im sure from that point, the higher ups decided to try to hide debacle though to try to protect the school.

Honestly, i think the school is responsible for the inactions, not Paterno.

I would raise this arguement. yes, legally Paterno did what he was supposed to have done. What's missing (and I wish the JoePa loyalists would see), is the minute he was notified by his assistant, hand him his phone and tell the guy "We have to call the cops. Tell them everything you told me". Paterno would be there with his man backing him up and justice would have been done sooner. Had this simple interaction taken place, Paterno would be even MORE heroic for being with his assistant supporting him, having Sandusky arrested all the quicker.
Alas no- rather than taking a stand for right , he shrugged his shoulders and said in effect; "it's not my kid. I have to protect my own backside" <no pun intended>
I have no sympathy for Joe Paterno. Thanks to him, PSU might as well stand for Pedophile State University. >:(

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 10, 2011, 08:49:05 AM

no one said life was  fair and since he is the only household name people know and it's human nature to throw blame around and demand action be taken he probably will be forced out.  then again it's probably a convenient excuse to get rid of the dinosaur that the game has passed by and get a fresh new coach in.  Penn St. was once an elite program competing for national championships every year.  I'm sure their base want to return to those days.

I do think he is a scapegoat to a small extent but I see a high level of hypocrisy. If the same case involved an elementry school teacher, people would demand him/her to be terminated and possibly incarcerated. I also find it ironic that there is more sympathy among fans in this case versus Vick and his dogs.  Things that make you say hhmmmm.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 10, 2011, 09:56:16 AM

McQueary needs to be next
he should have been first.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sandusky « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools