Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sandusky « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

grandpaboy

Second String

#30 : November 10, 2011, 10:24:10 AM

If I hear one more person say, 'but Joe Pa reported it to his supperior,' I am going to puke.  i guess he then just went on about his business of drawing up plays and benching kids for not going to class.  And when he ran into the Athletic Director he asked about it. 

JoePa - So whatever happened to that 10 year old kid who was raped in my locker room.
AD - Don't worry about that coach, we gotcha covered. 
JoePa - OK, I'll tell Jerry when I see him in the hall.   

grandpaboy

Second String

#31 : November 10, 2011, 12:47:13 PM

Pittsburgh radio personality Mark Madden stated that two "prominent columnists" are currently investigating a rumor that Jerry Sandusky's Second Mile Foundation, a non-profit organization aimed to serve underprivileged youths, was "pimping out young boys to rich (Penn State) donors."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ycn-10407023

Just heard that too.  Same guy who first reported on all this 7 months ago.  This just gets deeper. 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 10, 2011, 02:28:33 PM

If I hear one more person say, 'but Joe Pa reported it to his supperior,' I am going to puke.  i guess he then just went on about his business of drawing up plays and benching kids for not going to class.  And when he ran into the Athletic Director he asked about it. 

JoePa - So whatever happened to that 10 year old kid who was raped in my locker room.
AD - Don't worry about that coach, we gotcha covered. 
JoePa - OK, I'll tell Jerry when I see him in the hall.   

I agree. "I reported it to my superiors" is just too close to "I was just following orders"

"reporting it to the superiors" is fine for saw some guy smoking weed or selling T-shirts, but a crime this heinous requires your inner humanity to over-rule the policies and procedures.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 10, 2011, 06:39:29 PM

9-1-1 sn't that hard to recall....anyone, anyone in this whole stupid chain of events could have dialed it and put an end to both Sandusky's predation and and this scandal. That is how easy this would have been and they chose not to.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

grandpaboy

Second String

#34 : November 11, 2011, 12:37:34 PM

Million dollar questio,n were they all covering it up to protect the institution that is Penn State Football or were they covering it up to protect something else entirely?   

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#35 : November 11, 2011, 04:19:29 PM

If something like this happens under my watch, i'm contacting the cops, not my boss. That's the part that makes no sense to me. And with all the dirt that is SURE to come out in the very near future, I'm really surprised Sandusky hasn't put a bullet in his brain already. Or is he still incarcerated??

thats 100% correct. The AD is the 2nd person i call .. probably 3rd.. 1)cops .. 2)kids parents .,. 3) AD.. anything less is a joke and a complete joke.

The GA who didnt immediately remove that kid from the shower needs to get canned to.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#36 : November 11, 2011, 04:23:14 PM

Pittsburgh radio personality Mark Madden stated that two "prominent columnists" are currently investigating a rumor that Jerry Sandusky's Second Mile Foundation, a non-profit organization aimed to serve underprivileged youths, was "pimping out young boys to rich (Penn State) donors."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ycn-10407023

part of me wants to believe thats so completely over the top as to be fake ..

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 11, 2011, 06:44:21 PM

Part of the problem was the culture at the university. They were determined from the start to cover this up, sweep it under the rug, and just hope it goes away. Bad decision by all involved and they deserve to lose their jobs.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 12, 2011, 05:38:02 PM

Part of the problem was the culture at the university. They were determined from the start to cover this up, sweep it under the rug, and just hope it goes away. Bad decision by all involved and they deserve to lose their jobs.

I think 2002 was a reaction, the more I read, to 1998 when the university first heard about Sandusky, in a shower, with a boy.  I think that's why they knew things weren't gonna go well for them if this got out.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 12, 2011, 09:46:18 PM

I too have grown tired of Penn State in the role of the victim.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 13, 2011, 01:23:09 AM

Glad they lost on Saturday, hope heads roll up there.  The civil lawsuits will be in the tens of millions and deservedly so.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 13, 2011, 02:00:30 AM

The story about pimping out the boys to rich donors is pretty bad, if true. But the story could get worse...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/16080125/gricars-2005-disappearance-only-one-of-many-mysteries-in-psu-scandal

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 13, 2011, 08:38:01 AM

So disturbing.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 13, 2011, 09:37:12 AM

You can psycho babble your wait out of this until the cows come home. Doesn't make it any less wrong. Instead of trying to make excuses how about just finding out exactly what happened and punishing them accordingly. One of the threads in that article is that if people think they have an excuse, they will use it. Especially if there is precedent. You make the message abundantly clear, perhaps people  will simply do the right thing.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 13, 2011, 04:51:49 PM

That article is so full of fail that its really not worthy of response. A man was caught in the act of raping a child. How any huMAN could walk away from that is beyond my comprehension. Its really that simple.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sandusky « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools