Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Prediction time: Will Morris be back next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

: November 08, 2011, 09:00:08 PM

I know there is still some time left in the season. With all the fire Raheem and staff threads and posts around like every loss, what happens after the seasons over?? Not what you want to happen but what you predict will happen. Include your final team record or the reason you think he stays or gets fired.

For me:

I think he stays. I think he stays because hes a cheap option for the Glazers and they havent finished "the plan" yet. The team is still the youngest in the league and they want to complete putting the team together. A new HC means new OC, DC, HC, new players and firing players = lots of money for the Glazers. Remember people label them "cheap" so they will take the cheap route for at least another year.

Final record: 8-8

Wins:
Panthers (at home)
Titans
Jaguars
Cowboys

Losses:
Texans
Packers
Panthers (away)
Atlanta (away)

We split all the games with our division and get clobbered by the Texans and Packers.
Morris and Dom come back next year. Olsen gets fired because Offense continues to struggle. They hire a new DC to help Morris out. FA is used sparingly again and they draft a CB or LB in the first round. Back up RB and LG is also addressed in the draft.

Not what everybody wants but its what I see happening.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 08, 2011, 09:04:58 PM

I predict they beat the Titans and Jags and lose the rest...Olson is the sacrificial lamb and Raheem keeps his gig.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#2 : November 08, 2011, 09:06:23 PM

Yes he will be for a few reasons:
1. He just came off a winning season last year with the youngest team in the league.
2. Glazers will not pay a coach to not coach their team by firing him (even if he is the lowest paid head coach in the NFL)

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 08, 2011, 09:09:08 PM

I think Raheem is fine until next year barring a meltdown to end this season. I really think he has little to worry about this year. Next year will definitelty be the determining factor if hes resigned or not.

Olson isnt the sacrificial lamb if hes already been declared to be on the menu. lol

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 08, 2011, 09:13:19 PM

I think Raheem is fine until next year barring a meltdown to end this season. I really think he has little to worry about this year. Next year will definitelty be the determining factor if hes resigned or not.

Olson isnt the sacrificial lamb if hes already been declared to be on the menu. lol

True enough.....it'll buy Rah a lil time tho...I wish he'd hire an established DC but I'm not holding my breath.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#5 : November 08, 2011, 09:15:01 PM

Unless there is a huge improvement over the last games, he should be let go and if he's not, we'll know the Glazers are definitely cheap. All this talk about the youngest team is BS. We are the youngest but the Packers are the 2nd youngest and they just won a Superbowl and are on there way to another.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 08, 2011, 09:19:24 PM

Yes he will be for a few reasons:
1. He just came off a winning season last year with the youngest team in the league.
2. Glazers will not pay a coach to not coach their team by firing him (even if he is the lowest paid head coach in the NFL)

Agree with both of these. They just picked up the 2 year option for him through 2013 this past offseason. I think he at least gets one more season.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 08, 2011, 09:19:50 PM

It's one thing to be the "youngest team" in the league and quite another to be allergic to Free Agency and anything resembling veteran leadership....

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 08, 2011, 09:21:21 PM

you mean like they are doing with Gruden?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 08, 2011, 09:22:49 PM

I honestly believe we could lose out ad Raheem would still keep his job. He's seen as a good coach around the league.

Unfortunately, I believe Olson will keep his job as well.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 08, 2011, 09:23:27 PM

I think there's no question he'll be back barring an epic collapse.  Depending on how the season plays out, though, he might be forced to make a human sacrifice (Ollie) and/or hire a DC

PewterG@tor

Starter
#11 : November 08, 2011, 09:52:55 PM

That's exactly what I mean.  I'll bet it burns their asses every time they have to cut him a check to announce MNF games from the booth.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 08, 2011, 10:07:19 PM

I honestly believe we could lose out ad Raheem would still keep his job. He's seen as a good coach around the league.

I sure hope not. That is the worst case scenario. We can blame the players all we want, but Olson is the one drawing up the blueprint. At some point he needs to take responsibility. It is HIS offense that looks so bad, and HIS players who aren't performing and aren't even prepared. I've been a fan since day one, and I've seen some horrid offensive performances, but it has been a long time since I've seen this much talent on our roster, who have all been together for a few years now underperform like this in such a convincing way. It's truly shocking.

Either everyone on offense has regressed, or the plan is a bad one. I'm no play calling guru, and I don't have coaches tape, but I can surmise that there are huge problems with the play calling, and obviously preparation is also severely lacking.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 08, 2011, 10:08:47 PM

That's exactly what I mean.  I'll bet it burns their asses every time they have to cut him a check to announce MNF games from the booth.

Undoubtedly...  Does that deal not end at the end of this season...?

And I know for a fact...  I have been looking for a link...  that the Bucs have the rights to terminate Raheem's contract at will.  No penalties, no guaranteed money like Gruden had penned into his.  They say it's one of the best coach's contracts ever.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 08, 2011, 10:16:10 PM

I sure hope not. That is the worst case scenario. We can blame the players all we want, but Olson is the one drawing up the blueprint. At some point he needs to take responsibility. It is HIS offense that looks so bad, and HIS players who aren't performing and aren't even prepared. I've been a fan since day one, and I've seen some horrid offensive performances, but it has been a long time since I've seen this much talent on our roster, who have all been together for a few years now underperform like this in such a convincing way. It's truly shocking.

Either everyone on offense has regressed, or the plan is a bad one. I'm no play calling guru, and I don't have coaches tape, but I can surmise that there are huge problems with the play calling, and obviously preparation is also severely lacking.

There's not a thing I can think of to add to that Grimmy...  Nor is there one single thing wrong.

What sucks most is that I think 4ever is pretty much spot-on.

I don't know about "lose out", but they'd have to suck pretty bad to have EITHER of the two replaced...

You are obviously dead-nuts right on Olson, but I can easily see Olson getting a pass due to the quantity of 1st and 2nd year players we have.  I'm not buying it for a minute, but I can that coming down the line...

Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Prediction time: Will Morris be back next year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools