Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Prediction time: Will Morris be back next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 08, 2011, 10:17:32 PM

With the tough schedule ahead we might end up 6-10 or 7-9 if that's the case then Raheem has to go....

No fans will go to the games we have to put pressure on the Glazers to make the move along with the media..

This team has regressed from last year ,, Freeman's not the same.so many penalties OC sucks ass.. Never ever ready to play in the first quarter..

Defense 28 th ranked never since 1996 have we been so low in this category when you think of Tampa over the years it's been Defense Defense and that has even left.....

Houston L
Green Bay L
Tennessee L
Dallas L
Atlanta L
Carolina isnt even a gimme game..  W  and a L
Jax  W
: November 08, 2011, 10:25:02 PM ToddyBuc

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 08, 2011, 10:26:34 PM

Morris has 1 more year and he will need a DC. Enough said

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 08, 2011, 11:59:53 PM

2. Glazers will not pay a coach to not coach their team by firing him (even if he is the lowest paid head coach in the NFL)

you mean like they are doing with Gruden?

That's exactly what I mean.  I'll bet it burns their asses every time they have to cut him a check to announce MNF games from the booth.

Undoubtedly...  Does that deal not end at the end of this season...?

And I know for a fact...  I have been looking for a link...  that the Bucs have the rights to terminate Raheem's contract at will.  No penalties, no guaranteed money like Gruden had penned into his.  They say it's one of the best coach's contracts ever.

I dont think his contract ends this season. I think next year it does. Either way if they were to fire him this offseason theyd still need to pay another HC. Likely more if they hire a guy who people want on this board. Likely a lot more. Which Im not sure the Glazers are willing to do. Thats why I think he comes back unless they lose out. That is possible I guess but would really mean a lot of bad things for this franchise. They would need to get a new QB and a bunch of other new players. It would set back the team years. Although I guess you gotta do what you gotta do right?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : November 09, 2011, 12:02:25 AM

Raheem is fine with Olson as OC, but he needs to hire a new DC and if he wants to keep his job, he should hire an assistant head coach to make the head coaching decisions.   Raheem's job should only be to joke around with the players and chest bump them, nothing more.    That's his specialty.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 09, 2011, 12:04:17 AM

Do you think they will fire him this offseason Java??

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 09, 2011, 12:04:53 AM

2. Glazers will not pay a coach to not coach their team by firing him (even if he is the lowest paid head coach in the NFL)

you mean like they are doing with Gruden?

That's exactly what I mean.  I'll bet it burns their asses every time they have to cut him a check to announce MNF games from the booth.

hows that what you mean? You said they wouldnt fire a coach even if it included in him getting paid after the fact. the fact they are doing that with Gruden complete blows a giant hole in that statement.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 09, 2011, 12:06:59 AM

He means they dont want to do it again. Even if he is the lowest paid coach in the league.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 09, 2011, 12:31:13 AM

Nostradomus says I see the Bucs finish 7-9.

I see Raheem will captain the ship next year.

I see Greg Olson having a bad hair year next year.

I see Raheem will promote an assistant coach to DC.

I see in 2013 the coaching staff and management are wandering about without a home.

I see Raheem and Dominik both are now employed by the Bears. Raheem as defensive special assistant to the special assistant assistant head coach, and Dominik will be the assistant director of college scouting, midwest region.

I see team hires Jimmy Lake to be new head coach and promotes Shelton Quarrles to GM.

I see only pain, suffering, and destruction after this.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 09, 2011, 12:31:44 AM

I'm on par with the Glazer sons being cheap talk, so I'm going to say Rah stays unless something catastrophic happens..

Gruden's contract is up, or will be up soon. Either way, it does make one think that Morris is going to be on that same "boat" if he ends the season off on a bad note. Gruden was afterall, fired for less. Then, if you're in the progressive side of arguments, you could say that Rah was really quick to fire Bates and Jags (something he would have to have cleared w/Glazers). If all these OC/DC guys are a minimum 200k coach, does it matter whom is DC/OC is financially speaking? Basically, they're interchangeable anyway from a money standpoint.

However, with the ownership with their fingers up the butthole of ManU, and the fact that they have used up every means necessary to exploit the TB fanbase and state's sweetheart deal continuously year by year while providing nothing but a couple good picks in draft over the course of three seasons, makes it really tough to believe they would change their course, even when the fans won't come in, and there are season-long blackouts. The Glazers are ALL about "sweet deals", so firing Rah doesn't seem the wisest of choices when looking at it from a financial statistical outlook (which the Glazers are #1 at). Compared to Cowher (or most accomplished HC's in the league), Rah is paid like a towel boy.

They'll suggest that the team needs to "grow around Rah", and then they'll point to the addition of players like Freeman, Blount, Benn and Foster for their arguments. But overall, I do agree on one thing, Olson's going to be the sacrificial lamb before Rah goes. If not for at least PR reasons, or some stupid team thinks he's worth a shot.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 09, 2011, 12:37:11 AM

I see Raheem will promote an assistant coach to DC.

All kidding aside, I don't think promoting Jimmy Lake to DC in the next couple of seasons is too far-fetched

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#25 : November 09, 2011, 12:54:48 AM

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

The Non-Obvious Hot Seats,
Published Nov. 5, 2011

Tampa Bay head coach Raheem Morris

The Buccaneers could exercise an opt-out option in Morris contract to not have him return next season. One of the draws to Morris has been how cheap he has been for Tampa Bay. They have gotten their defensive coordinator and head coach for $2 million or less the past three seasons. Under former head coach Jon Gruden they were paying between $6-7 million for Gruden and coordinator Monte Kiffin. Next year is the first in which the Bucs owners, the Glazers, won't be paying Gruden $4 million. Between that $4 million and the $2 million they would save from cutting Morris loose, they could sign a big-name head coach. Morris is well liked by the players, but the Glazers and general manager Mark Dominik may want a coach who evokes more disciplined and professional behavior on and off the field from himself and his players. Twice the Glazers have fired the franchise's all-time winningest head coach in Gruden and Tony Dungy.

***My Prediction: We finish 6-10 or 7-9, Morris is gone. He's had three years to write the ship and the ship is sinking.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 09, 2011, 02:54:15 AM

Glazers like big name coaches Dungy-Gruden so the chance to get a Cowher would not suprise me..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 09, 2011, 02:59:27 AM

Dungy wasnt well known until becoming the Bucs HC.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 09, 2011, 03:38:28 AM

Malcom let Dungy go because he probably thought he wouldn't be able to get them over the "hump" of playoffs.

Malcom would spend to right the ship if he had to. His sons however, appear to be about the bottom line only. I seriously doubt they cut ties with Rah unless they have to. They haven't shown me anything that would suggest otherwise since they started completely running the org. They have whole seasons of backouts and haven't done a single thing to curtail any of it.

I think it's safe to say, It's not even 100% certain he would be let go in the offseason even if he loses every game from here on out.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 09, 2011, 08:29:06 AM

too early to tell.  if we only win 1 or 2 more games it will be very hard for the Glazers to sell tickets next year and generate excitement.  the fan base is already turning on the coaching staff at .500.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Prediction time: Will Morris be back next year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools