Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Prediction time: Will Morris be back next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 09, 2011, 08:34:07 AM

I can't believe we're talking about this at 4-4. I'd be shocked if it were any team other than Tampa, or Philly.

Everyone stays and we continue building through the draft with very minimal Free Agent acquisitions.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 09, 2011, 08:36:25 AM

I can't believe we're talking about this at 4-4. I'd be shocked if it were any team other than Tampa, or Philly.

Everyone stays and we continue building through the draft with very minimal Free Agent acquisitions.
even if we go 6-10?

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#32 : November 09, 2011, 09:28:55 AM

If we tank the season, I hope Morris doesnt pull a Dungy and treat Olsen like his own personal Clyde.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#33 : November 09, 2011, 09:29:13 AM

but i dont expect to tank the season so.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 09, 2011, 09:36:27 AM

he'll either save his job or lose it.  It's in his hands.  My gut says he'll be back but if we do tank the season I don't see how the Glazers could keep him on.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#35 : November 09, 2011, 09:49:40 AM

If the Bucs finally show some progress, and the coaches start to get some development out of the youngest roster in the the NFL I can safely say Raheem stays. But if they continue with a downward spiral of regression there will have to be some changes. Before the season I said 8-8 and if things break there way maybe 9 or 10 wins, but the way this team is playing now the only games I see them having a chance in would be Jaguars, Titans and the Panthers game.

It's time to show some progress, or changes need to be made.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 09, 2011, 10:00:58 AM

I know there is still some time left in the season. With all the fire Raheem and staff threads and posts around like every loss, what happens after the seasons over?? Not what you want to happen but what you predict will happen. Include your final team record or the reason you think he stays or gets fired.

For me:

I think he stays. I think he stays because hes a cheap option for the Glazers and they havent finished "the plan" yet. The team is still the youngest in the league and they want to complete putting the team together. A new HC means new OC, DC, HC, new players and firing players = lots of money for the Glazers. Remember people label them "cheap" so they will take the cheap route for at least another year.

We split all the games with our division and get clobbered by the Texans and Packers.
Morris and Dom come back next year. Olsen gets fired because Offense continues to struggle. They hire a new DC to help Morris out. FA is used sparingly again and they draft a CB or LB in the first round. Back up RB and LG is also addressed in the draft.

Not what everybody wants but its what I see happening.

I hope everything you predicted comes true....that is if we miss the playoffs. Playoffs are pretty much a farcry at this point given that we will need to go at least 6-2 here on out. Ollie needs to be given the boot....Morris desperately needs a DC. LB and CB will need to be addressed with high picks.

Also, the "blueprint" will need a slight tweak to fit in a FA starter or two...given that we will have more holes than draft picks next year...hopefully the the trend of "NO FREE AGENTS" is modified...one can only hope.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 09, 2011, 10:04:51 AM

If the Bucs finally show some progress, and the coaches start to get some development out of the youngest roster in the the NFL I can safely say Raheem stays. But if they continue with a downward spiral of regression there will have to be some changes. Before the season I said 8-8 and if things break there way maybe 9 or 10 wins, but the way this team is playing now the only games I see them having a chance in would be Jaguars, Titans and the Panthers game.

It's time to show some progress, or changes need to be made.

Right now it seems like a 7-9 finish is a close reality, but if they can sneak another win against a quality opponent or two it may show some progress.  If you want to set the bar lower, the Bucs need to avoid being blown out the rest of the year and show up four quarters of play.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 09, 2011, 11:18:57 AM

but i dont expect to tank the season so.

I don't either. I can still legitimately see 8-8, and even possibly 9-7. We are 4-4 when we should very well be 2-6, so that fact alone means that this team is capable of manufacturing wins even while playing poorly. But even if we go 6-10, I don't see Morris going anywhere. The front office PURPOSELY didn't give the guy all that much to work with, so even though a lot of the problems we are having are seemingly coaching related, you can't fire the guy for not being able to spin straw into gold for two consecutive seasons. The fact that he even did it once is enough to earn him at least another year.

My prediction: 8-8, Morris returns, Olsen is replaced by a proven OC, and Lake is promoted to DC.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 09, 2011, 11:22:08 AM

a top OC would be hard to attract if Morris is on a make or break season and would promoting Jimmy Lake make much difference on defense?  IDK.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 09, 2011, 11:41:16 AM

We can go winless for the remainder of the season and Morris will be back.........These owners won't bat an eye if that happens. I can understand why that will happen........just look at the Gruden era.......They won't be fooled again.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 09, 2011, 11:42:30 AM

a top OC would be hard to attract if Morris is on a make or break season and would promoting Jimmy Lake make much difference on defense?  IDK.

I'm not expecting a top OC, just a more proven one. Someone who has more experience than Olsen had prior to landing the job. Someone like that wouldn't necessarily be that hard to attract. The Bucs have a lot to work with on offense. A guy like Dirk Koetter (my favorite candidate for the gig) who isn't necessarily viewed as a hot commodity, but has been able to do some good things with very little to work with in Jacksonville would likely have more to gain than lose by coming here.

And as to promoting Lake, it probably wouldn't change too much defensively, which is why I see it happening more than an outside candidate being brought in. The defense is Morris' baby. He's likely not going to want to be completely hands off, and hiring a guy like Lake, who is able to take some pressure off of Morris, but still knows what Morris wants to do, makes more sense than risking another Jim Bates scenario. Besides, I think what's most lacking defensively for the Bucs is the right personnel. They need some smart, capable vets on defense. No more of this "youngry" nonsense.
: November 09, 2011, 11:44:04 AM CBWx2

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 09, 2011, 12:22:44 PM

The front office PURPOSELY didn't give the guy all that much to work with, so even though a lot of the problems we are having are seemingly coaching related, you can't fire the guy for not being able to spin straw into gold for two consecutive seasons. The fact that he even did it once is enough to earn him at least another year.
That's what some of us may think, and I think it's correct, but the front office may view things differently. They just spent $100 million to retain a "mauling" RG, a "road grader" RT, and a "cheetah" of a OLB, as well as already having supposedly the best young talent in the NFL that's going to form the core of the next Colts/Packers/Steelers type team. The front office may htink these players should be capable of a lot more.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 09, 2011, 01:10:13 PM

Will he be back?  yes

Should he be back?  NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 09, 2011, 01:36:14 PM

Young = Inconsistent. We better embrace that, just as we have our youth movement.

Morris is working with unproven guys.

Organize your argument. Those of you that want him fired are clueless to the process that we have been sold around here. If you are upset with the product, look to the ones that pull the purse strings.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Prediction time: Will Morris be back next year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools