Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ybor City.......... « previous next »
Page: 1

deadzone

Hall of Famer

: November 09, 2011, 12:06:15 PM

Has become a disease for Tampa......A history of fights and death for those that venture. What was originally envisioned as a boon to the area has become another area of blight and sadness....The Empire Club shuts down, but moves down the street and opens up under another name, with the same owner..............5 people shot at the Manilla Club recently.....Time to close all clubs in the area......and turn this madness around.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : November 09, 2011, 12:23:00 PM

I agree.   Shut it down.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 09, 2011, 03:57:37 PM

I haven't been there since I moved up here in 2003 so don't know what its like now but I do recall there being some pretty shady neighborhoods a block or two away.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 10, 2011, 02:03:55 PM

Nothing new. I recall knife attacks, gun attacks, and murders there ever since I was a teenager in Tampa.

They should move all those nightclubs to Gibsonton and turn Ybor into a more upscale kind of place.

I think we are about the same age.   There's a big difference between that place in the 80's and now.   It's damn dangerous now.   

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 10, 2011, 02:17:16 PM

For a while it was the Fad place to go. There was a boom of new restaurants and theme bars and it had a tiny bit of Bourbon Street like atmosphere. But that fad faded, the crowds moved to the next "in" spot, and the bad element took over.

Seems like it went from Trendy to Treacherous pretty quick.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 10, 2011, 02:40:29 PM

Where is the "in" spot now?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 10, 2011, 02:44:39 PM

Where is the "in" spot now?

That bar next to the unemployment office.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 11, 2011, 10:42:35 AM

Has become a disease for Tampa......A history of fights and death for those that venture. What was originally envisioned as a boon to the area has become another area of blight and sadness....The Empire Club shuts down, but moves down the street and opens up under another name, with the same owner..............5 people shot at the Manilla Club recently.....Time to close all clubs in the area......and turn this madness around.

Wait a minute.  Did those money grubbing turds Joel and John Brewer open another club in Ybor under another name?  If so, which club is it?  If this is true it needs to go away ASAP.  Ybor started it's decline when they brought in the Gangsta element.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 12, 2011, 10:25:17 AM

Wait a minute.  Did those money grubbing turds Joel and John Brewer open another club in Ybor under another name?  If so, which club is it?  If this is true it needs to go away ASAP.  Ybor started it's decline when they brought in the Gangsta element.

Yeah, it's called ICE..........
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ybor City.......... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools