Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For everyone bashing AH « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 09, 2011, 07:00:40 PM

True....I doubt fat and lazy is the answer though.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 09, 2011, 07:03:25 PM

We are yungry and he is fazy. Bad mix lol

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 09, 2011, 07:38:07 PM

Let's hope he is as stoked over playing for Keith Millard as Sapp was out in Oakland. Sapp was practically re-born once Millard became their D'line coach in Oakland... 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 09, 2011, 08:04:12 PM

I think that's the issue. All summer we were told we didn't want any of the 300 free agents out there (other than the punter) to disturb the delicate chemistry of the nucleus that's going to form the next Colts/Packers/Steelers dynasty, and now we bring in the most nucleus-disrupting player in the NFL.
Hope I quoted this right - but this is so right....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 09, 2011, 09:45:24 PM

Although he is a clear contradiction to the BS that they tried to sell us, he is cut-able at any time.
I think that's the issue. All summer we were told we didn't want any of the 300 free agents out there (other than the punter) to disturb the delicate chemistry of the nucleus that's going to form the next Colts/Packers/Steelers dynasty, and now we bring in the most nucleus-disrupting player in the NFL.

This sounds like more silly fabricated fabrications.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#20 : November 09, 2011, 09:46:35 PM

Not to be racist here, but maybe his previous few coaches just weren't the type of guy that can get through to AH. With the Redskins and Patriots, whether the team was good or bad, he was playing a 3-4 position he probably didn't care to be playing, he was being coached by an older white guy who is by the books and hard nosed in their coaching styles. Maybe all he needs, to be cliche, is a change of scenery. A young, black head coach who is close in age, clearly is a player's coach and someone who isn't all about grinding players into the ground with grueling practice and coaching styles.

And even more importantly, maybe being able to play in a 4-3 defense where he gets to play how he wants will reignite whatever motor he has left as a 30 year old DT. He got pancaked 3 plays in a row, our DTs have been getting pushing 5+ yards towards the wrong endzone on just about every play.. so I don't see how this could be any worse than who we have already. Worst case scenario, he wastes our time and we get rid of him and continue letting our "youngry" players grow into their roles.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 09, 2011, 09:55:03 PM

He got cut for getting pancaked 3 plays in a row against the giants because of a lack of effort. He just doesn't play like he wants to play football anymore

Could it be that he was trying to fit their 2 gap scheme, which would call for him to not penetrate, but to occupy blockers so the LB's can make all the plays?

I'm asking because I haven't watched any of his plays, but I know that penetrating DT's(which he is) simply don't work in a 2 gap scheme because without your momentum moving forward, it is easy to get pushed around. 2 gap DT's are usually great big 350 lb+ guys who eat up space and keep blockers off of the LB's.

Maybe it was just a bad system for him. We'll find out soon enough.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 09, 2011, 09:57:19 PM

I agree that he is a bum, both on the field and off..

What are our options at this point?

He's week to week

John McCargo
Al Woods
Doug Worthington

All young, hungry, and know the defense.

Young and hungry hasn't really translated on the field for us on a consistent basis.

I think you could say Yungry is looking pretty Fugly right about now.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

buchead

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 10, 2011, 06:12:53 AM

Magnaccia the patriots switched to a 4-3 during the off season. Given its a 2 gap 4-3 though, but thats why they traded for AH in the first place. Also early in the season he was injured and barely practicing. Further more the new collective bargaining agreement dictates how "grueling" an nfl practice can be. Also the D Line coach is black and he is a former player. Pepper Johnson. He is much in the same mold of Millard. A former player with a reputation for being nasty. One thing that probably gives him even more pull than Millard is he has 5 superbowl rings as a player.
 The idea AH cant play for a white coach is a bit ridiculous though.

nick777777

Starter
#24 : November 10, 2011, 06:17:50 AM

I don't know about race being an issue but you do have to look at the coaches.  Shanny is not a players coach I've known that from the time I lived in CO.  And it has nothing to do with my connection to Jake that has me saying this he is just dead set on his ways and he holds grudges.  Now I don't really know about the pats coach but he seems to be the same way.  Then you look at scheme the problem is he is 355 pounds so he shouldn't be getting pancaked. 

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#25 : November 10, 2011, 06:28:14 AM

JEEZ man Woods and McCargo already got their chance...and obviously didn't take advantage cuz 1 Woods got cut and McCargo back to the practice squad...so i don't wanna hear that crap that you guys rather a YOUNGRY player out there.cuz its just not working...i hope the Haynesworth siginig pans out for us as we need a spark on the team

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 10, 2011, 07:41:39 AM

Magnaccia the patriots switched to a 4-3 during the off season. Given its a 2 gap 4-3 though, but thats why they traded for AH in the first place. Also early in the season he was injured and barely practicing. Further more the new collective bargaining agreement dictates how "grueling" an nfl practice can be. Also the D Line coach is black and he is a former player. Pepper Johnson. He is much in the same mold of Millard. A former player with a reputation for being nasty. One thing that probably gives him even more pull than Millard is he has 5 superbowl rings as a player.
 The idea AH cant play for a white coach is a bit ridiculous though.
Jeff Fisher is an old white guy.

blackthoughtz

Starter

#27 : November 10, 2011, 07:49:54 AM

He got cut for getting pancaked 3 plays in a row against the giants because of a lack of effort. He just doesn't play like he wants to play football anymore

Could it be that he was trying to fit their 2 gap scheme, which would call for him to not penetrate, but to occupy blockers so the LB's can make all the plays?

I'm asking because I haven't watched any of his plays, but I know that penetrating DT's(which he is) simply don't work in a 2 gap scheme because without your momentum moving forward, it is easy to get pushed around. 2 gap DT's are usually great big 350 lb+ guys who eat up space and keep blockers off of the LB's.

Maybe it was just a bad system for him. We'll find out soon enough.

I don't know much about the patriots 4-3 but it had nothing to do with scheme.  He would engage and stop moving his feet therefore getting pushed to the ground and not Attempt to get up

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

blackthoughtz

Starter

#28 : November 10, 2011, 07:54:25 AM

Not to be racist here, but maybe his previous few coaches just weren't the type of guy that can get through to AH. With the Redskins and Patriots, whether the team was good or bad, he was playing a 3-4 position he probably didn't care to be playing, he was being coached by an older white guy who is by the books and hard nosed in their coaching styles. Maybe all he needs, to be cliche, is a change of scenery. A young, black head coach who is close in age, clearly is a player's coach and someone who isn't all about grinding players into the ground with grueling practice and coaching styles.

And even more importantly, maybe being able to play in a 4-3 defense where he gets to play how he wants will reignite whatever motor he has left as a 30 year old DT. He got pancaked 3 plays in a row, our DTs have been getting pushing 5+ yards towards the wrong endzone on just about every play.. so I don't see how this could be any worse than who we have already. Worst case scenario, he wastes our time and we get rid of him and continue letting our "youngry" players grow into their roles.

Fisher was white...pats play 4-3 nowX

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 10, 2011, 08:09:31 AM

I hope he does his first interview as a Buc with a hat that says "Fazy"

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For everyone bashing AH « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools