Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For everyone bashing AH « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 10, 2011, 08:11:29 AM

good nickname for him.

CJPunk

Rookie

#31 : November 10, 2011, 08:24:04 AM

This is the last guy we need around a young defense... furthermore this signing makes us look BEYOND desperate nationally.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 10, 2011, 08:34:52 AM

I hope he does his first interview as a Buc with a hat that says "Fazy"

Actually, I just saw him come off the plane and his hat said, "JDouble is a Jackass Who Thinks He's an NFL GM."

How the hell did he know about you JD?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 10, 2011, 08:40:16 AM

I hope he does his first interview as a Buc with a hat that says "Fazy"

Actually, I just saw him come off the plane and his hat said, "JDouble is a Jackass Who Thinks He's an NFL GM."

How the hell did he know about you JD?
twitter

nick777777

Starter
#34 : November 10, 2011, 08:47:34 AM

Everyone wants to say why bring him around young players?  Well cause these young players aren't playing good at all.  They blamed it on the linebackers last week but when your fighting off o linemen who happen to have your DT attached to them its hard to make plays.  Atleast at 6'6 355 it will take an linemen longer to push him back on the linebackers.  Pair him with okam and I don't think those linebackers will be touched.  Plus you have to double team either okam or AH leaving clayborn one on one to cause havoc I'm excited to see this play out

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 10, 2011, 09:55:29 AM

no reward, low risk.

fixt

Exactly Jdub, low risk and "high reward" although the chances of us getting a high reward is almost 0%

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 10, 2011, 11:46:37 AM

Tampa just went from being youngry to fatty in record time.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 10, 2011, 11:49:56 AM

Im intrigued to see what he will do on the field.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 10, 2011, 11:54:04 AM

Sick of all the whining that goes on all these forums. Everytime a topic is made everybody just turns it into a big joke filled with sarcasm. This move made sense to me even before we put a claim in on him. I don't see how it didn't make sense to any of you. We lose OUR guy at the DT position for the season. The player who is going to be our future if he can stay on the field and a possibly pro bowler. Okam is hurt, and Miller has never been anything to even speak about so we bring a player who is capable of plugging the hole McCoy's injury has left us and he will be cut at the end of the season or even if he does continue to underperform, Okam will be healthy and ready to be inserted in that position. Haynesworth was never brought in to be apart of the future he was only brought in to fill a void on this team for the rest of the season. The only thing this move even suggest is that the FO and Coaches are thinking playoffs I can't even believe how many people this week have turned on their team and are acting like the sky is falling.What happens IF we win these next two games? It's more posisble then any of you think. Texans are overlooking us and are not even as good as they are portrayed. They got smacked by the Saints and beat a Pitt team that has been inconsistent all year and that loss to the Jags. Packers are undefeated and are bound to lose one.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 10, 2011, 11:54:27 AM

Ditto.  I've been a basher of Haynesworth's lazy arse for a long time, but I've always maintained that his talent level is extremely high.  Let's see if this guy has any self-respect and pride.  This is probably his last opportunity.

MucBuc

Starter
#40 : November 10, 2011, 12:13:20 PM

Ditto.  I've been a basher of Haynesworth's lazy arse for a long time, but I've always maintained that his talent level is extremely high.  Let's see if this guy has any self-respect and pride.  This is probably his last opportunity.

+1
People act like we just signed him to the deal he got from the Redskins in 2009. We got him for basically nothing, and won't lose anything if he gets cut. Why not kick the tires on the guy. He wouldn't be the first player to revive his career after a change of scenery, and he wouldn't be the first player to waste his final chance and end up on the street. Let's see which one he is.

Oh, how I tire of young men and their ambitions.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 10, 2011, 12:20:05 PM

Although he is a clear contradiction to the BS that they tried to sell us, he is cut-able at any time.
I think that's the issue. All summer we were told we didn't want any of the 300 free agents out there (other than the punter) to disturb the delicate chemistry of the nucleus that's going to form the next Colts/Packers/Steelers dynasty, and now we bring in the most nucleus-disrupting player in the NFL.

Now Tampa needs T.O.  ::)

Why stop there...call up Randy....lol
and don't forget about Ocho..... when he gets cut from the Pats.

hanks9872

Second String

#42 : November 10, 2011, 12:47:22 PM

@lazoran ->

Very well said..   I am so tired of everyone complaining.  They complain if we dont make a move...then when we make a move, they complain about that.

This addition makes total sense to me.  hopefully he'll get us 8 sacks and regains his form.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 10, 2011, 02:38:50 PM

@lazoran ->

Very well said..   I am so tired of everyone complaining.  They complain if we dont make a move...then when we make a move, they complain about that.

This addition makes total sense to me.  hopefully he'll get us 8 sacks and regains his form.

This isn't a "move", it's desperation. There IS a difference. Earlier on in FA, obtaining someone worthwhile would have been a "move." This is throwing crap on a wall, hoping it sticks.

E.G. Bucs sign Sproles. Bucs offense stays on field longer. McCoy maybe doesn't get hurt.

Instead, sign (great) Punter to huge contract. McCoy breaks. Then a "cheaper" Albert is put in McCoy's place.

I'm not complaining that TB obtaining him was stupid or anything, it actually makes sense NOW...but again, only financially and as an afterthought. It might work out if the guy just wants to play football, but the guy has already gotten paid, so IDK how much will the guy has left in him. I'm assuming if he couldn't cut it with the Redskins and Pats, he's sure not going to cut it here in Tampa. I hope like hell I'm wrong and be becomes the probowler he once was, but the reality is that it's likely not to pan out that way.

My problem is with the ownership that is probably going to make us "believe" this is their "big" signing.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 10, 2011, 04:31:14 PM

My problem is with the ownership that is probably going to make us "believe" this is their "big" signing.

who cares how we got AH?  who cares how we got blount for that matter?  we brought in a guy with a lot of talent who is misguided to say the least. 

this thread is right, we got fans that will complain over anything.  good to see a good number of "lets see how this thing turns out" posts here.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For everyone bashing AH « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools