Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For everyone bashing AH « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 10, 2011, 06:00:48 PM

My problem is with the ownership that is probably going to make us "believe" this is their "big" signing.

we got fans that will complain over anything. 

Well' we're obviously not Java clones, so I don't think it's a problem to complain about Tampa signing another problematic player..It's not exactly going on insanely written negative comments. Al has his reasons for being disliked by the average football fan.

Let me ask you something though. Do YOU think Al would get accolades from the Skins or Pats? I'll wait to see what he does in this system, but I'm not holding my breath.

I honestly do hope he does well though. I'm tired of seeing this defense getting ran over.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#46 : November 10, 2011, 06:08:05 PM

Let me ask you something though. Do YOU think Al would get accolades from the Skins or Pats? I'll wait to see what he does in this system, but I'm not holding my breath.

i have zero idea on that question.  and im certainly not asking you to hold your breath either.  im just amused that fans complain when dominik doesnt bring guys in, and when he does.  its never enough for many.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#47 : November 10, 2011, 06:45:51 PM

How is signing a washed up, over rated, dirt bag that EVERYONE in the league knows is a useless pile of poo....anything like signing a quality FA during free agency?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 10, 2011, 06:49:39 PM

How is signing a washed up, over rated, dirt bag that EVERYONE in the league knows is a useless pile of poo....anything like signing a quality FA during free agency?

But.....but.....he had a good year once.....and EVERYBODY knows his name.....AND....he asked for a lot of money.....soooo.....that, by definition, is a Free Agent who ANY fan would covet.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#49 : November 10, 2011, 07:03:47 PM

i have zero idea on that question.  and im certainly not asking you to hold your breath either.  im just amused that fans complain when dominik doesnt bring guys in, and when he does.  its never enough for many.

They complain because it's either a situation where it's "cheap" or their back is against the wall before they ever consider signing anyone noteworthy imvho.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#50 : November 10, 2011, 10:34:39 PM

guess we know your opinion on AH.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#51 : November 10, 2011, 10:35:48 PM

They complain because it's either a situation where it's "cheap" or their back is against the wall before they ever consider signing anyone noteworthy imvho.

possibly they feel the team is not ready to compete yet.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#52 : November 11, 2011, 10:55:26 AM

Youngry= 10-6 / 9-7 and sitting at home

If we want to get over ANY humps we need to take risks

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#53 : November 11, 2011, 02:45:39 PM

Nov. 10, 2011 2:17 p.m. - by Scott Purks - Miller: Haynesworth has brought boost to team

DT Roy Miller on having DT Albert Haynesworth added to the roster: "You see a different kind of energy around the team. It's a boost. We're excited to have a guy of his caliber."

The one thing Haynesworth brings that none of the "youngry" options we have do is a proven resume. Regardless of the character issues, what the players see is a guy who has proven he can play at a high level. If they are excited to play with Haynesworth, just imagine the boost they could have gotten from a vet signed during FA, but I digress...

I just want to echo the sentiment of those that at least want to see what kind of impact the guy has on the team before slamming the move. We have very little to lose here, and if his on field issues were simply the result of being in a two gap scheme, then this guy will be an asset to us for sure. If it's just the result of diminished skills, then we can cut bait. Either way, we will know soon enough. Might as well wait to see which it is before proclaiming the move a fail.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For everyone bashing AH « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools