Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Glazers fired Dungy and Gruden... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 20, 2011, 05:03:40 PM

Effort is fine but the second onside kick and the two point conversion were hopelessly stupid calls you just can't make as a real coach.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 20, 2011, 05:09:23 PM

I liked the first one as it could have provided the spark we really needed.  The second one however, I thought was absolutely a horrible call.  About as bad as the D-line they put in there at the goal line - I seriously question the personnel in that situation - middle of that line was WIDE OPEN - inexcusable.  And someone please explain to me why Lewis is in the game and at THE MOST crucial situations, when he hasn't been on the field nearly the entire season?  And you put him in against Aaron Rodgers?  Why not activate Gaitor if you're gonna be so ignorant.  Myron Lewis blows chunks.

I will however give the coaching staff 1 thing ... they got through to the players this week and I didn't notice anyone quit!  They played inspired football and played with serious heart!

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 20, 2011, 11:13:14 PM

In a game we were dominating... not one, but two inexplicable onsides kicks, both at times when the momentum of game had swung strongly in our favor.

I simply do not understand how the Glazers can continue to let this moron drive the future of this team into the ground. They must simply not care...

Unreal.

Dont worry he's good as gone..   so he get's 6 more games and then he's gone.....

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 20, 2011, 11:16:31 PM

BW is that what fans should do to get their point across??   I'm from NC and make it to 2 games a year but DAMN games like today get me riled up.  I think the Glazers are to blame but is that the feeling in Tampa as well???

Tampa hates RM and the direction there going..    He is gone thank God..   see ya....!!!!!!!!!!!

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 21, 2011, 01:55:44 AM

Bump,.,....,..

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 21, 2011, 01:56:49 AM

bump.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 21, 2011, 02:38:35 AM

In a game we were dominating... not one, but two inexplicable onsides kicks, both at times when the momentum of game had swung strongly in our favor.

I simply do not understand how the Glazers can continue to let this moron drive the future of this team into the ground. They must simply not care...

Unreal.

Dont worry he's good as gone..   so he get's 6 more games and then he's gone.....

Not so sure about that. I'm guessing if the Bucs play like this the next 6 games, Morris will get an extension.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 21, 2011, 02:41:22 AM

We can whine about it all we want, the fact is those calls were made because Rodgers would've walked his team down the field anyhow.

Not that I agree with the second kick, or the first for that matter. I just want to point out that there is a method to the madness. Maybe his thinking was that he had to get back in it quickly, or that the best thing to do stop them was to take their offense out of the equation as much as possible?

Sometimes I'd like to think that when a play is one of those "Make it, it's a good call. Don't make it, and it's a bad call" was usually worth the risk. That second kick was the surprise to me. Rah went to the well one time too many. They were ready for a second attempt. Normally, once either team pulls that crap, both teams watch out for it the rest of the game. Granted, Koe is pretty good at his job. IDK if you risk one guy maybe doing his job well on one play, to maybe lose all four downs if it doesn't succeed. That is why it's an "all or nothing" play, and should only be used in the very late game.

One thing I did like (and I may get flamed for this) was that they called risky plays! People were whining that they weren't doing that(me included), and they were right, they weren't. Maybe Olson got the stick out of his butt(no way)? Sure, the two onsides were a bit overenthusiastic playcalls, but damnit, they actually "tried" for once, and even competed for awhile with the world's best team atm. Remember, GB hasn't technically lost a regular season game in quite awhile. Hasn't it been nearly a full season anyhow? Anyhow, they are that good. I didn't expect a win, but I also didn't expect the Bucs to compete like they did. Against a "normal" opponent, the Bucs would have easily won.

So, I'm not so sure Rah shouldn't act like this? I mean, They did put points on the board against a VERY good team, and in prior games Tampa could barely score a TD? They got risky because they possibly knew they didn't have a chance otherwise. Maybe it's better of Tampa to go into games with that mindset? I know one thing we might all be able to agree on, it sure was more fun to watch.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 21, 2011, 02:41:52 AM

Would you rather A) Go to a beach with family for much cheaper than the game, but leave a little toasted and happy, or B) go watch the Bucs game, lose all your money, and still feel like you wasted it leaving disgruntled (again). Or C) Just go to the strip club? If I'm considering wasting money for wasting sake, I'm going to the stripclub.

Two of those home games featured huge wins over our division rivals. Not a total waste.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 21, 2011, 02:43:23 AM

I don't give a damn if they move either. I'd rather have an expansion team placed here instead of the Buc team being held hostage by these SOB owners.

Expansion team? LMAO! If the Bucs ever do relocate, you won't be seeing an other team in the Tampa Bay area.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 21, 2011, 02:43:47 AM

Gotta love the same day bump.

Some fans are really losing it.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 21, 2011, 02:44:37 AM

Would you rather A) Go to a beach with family for much cheaper than the game, but leave a little toasted and happy, or B) go watch the Bucs game, lose all your money, and still feel like you wasted it leaving disgruntled (again). Or C) Just go to the strip club? If I'm considering wasting money for wasting sake, I'm going to the stripclub.

Two of those home games featured huge wins over our division rivals. Not a total waste.

I had a blast attending the Saints game at RayJay

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 21, 2011, 05:24:11 AM

We can whine about it all we want, the fact is those calls were made because Rodgers would've walked his team down the field anyhow.

Not that I agree with the second kick, or the first for that matter. I just want to point out that there is a method to the madness. Maybe his thinking was that he had to get back in it quickly, or that the best thing to do stop them was to take their offense out of the equation as much as possible?

Sometimes I'd like to think that when a play is one of those "Make it, it's a good call. Don't make it, and it's a bad call" was usually worth the risk. That second kick was the surprise to me. Rah went to the well one time too many. They were ready for a second attempt. Normally, once either team pulls that crap, both teams watch out for it the rest of the game. Granted, Koe is pretty good at his job. IDK if you risk one guy maybe doing his job well on one play, to maybe lose all four downs if it doesn't succeed. That is why it's an "all or nothing" play, and should only be used in the very late game.

One thing I did like (and I may get flamed for this) was that they called risky plays! People were whining that they weren't doing that(me included), and they were right, they weren't. Maybe Olson got the stick out of his butt(no way)? Sure, the two onsides were a bit overenthusiastic playcalls, but damnit, they actually "tried" for once, and even competed for awhile with the world's best team atm. Remember, GB hasn't technically lost a regular season game in quite awhile. Hasn't it been nearly a full season anyhow? Anyhow, they are that good. I didn't expect a win, but I also didn't expect the Bucs to compete like they did. Against a "normal" opponent, the Bucs would have easily won.

So, I'm not so sure Rah shouldn't act like this? I mean, They did put points on the board against a VERY good team, and in prior games Tampa could barely score a TD? They got risky because they possibly knew they didn't have a chance otherwise. Maybe it's better of Tampa to go into games with that mindset? I know one thing we might all be able to agree on, it sure was more fun to watch.
A very fair, well thought-out post. The Bucs couldn't be conservative and beat this team. They had to do unusual things. And they didn't get whupped the way many of us anticipated. They didn't play scared, but stood toe to toe with them and slugged it out.

In Verner We Trust

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 27, 2011, 02:21:59 PM

Bye bye Raheem and kiss my Buc ass.....

pathetic team to watch..     

SCOUT

Starter

#44 : November 27, 2011, 02:35:22 PM

Toddy you are right. People. Better stop making excuses for bad effort and prep.  It's time for this ownership to commit every year to putting their best team on the field. They have been carpet baggers.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Glazers fired Dungy and Gruden... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools