Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After a lengthy postgame meeting with Morris, Ronde grabs his jacket and goes. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 14, 2011, 01:44:14 AM

While I don't think he would put himself before the team after being here in 2009...he has a right to be upset. Retiring due to it? I don't see it. Not until the season is over at the very least.

Agree, that would look like he was quitting and that aint Ronde.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 14, 2011, 01:49:38 AM

Bad taste? OK, so let's pile on me then. Make me the scapegoat.
What I meant in my nickname was BRO (as in he's everybody's buddy)-heem. He's too buddy buddy with the team.
I didn't mean BRO, as in ''brothers,'' as in derogatory ''he's one of the brothas.''
I apologize if anyone was offended, but I'm annoyed now. I'm not a racist person and to take it to saying I made a comment in bad taste OFFENDS the hell out of me.
woah man, I didn't mean RACIST bad taste...I just didn't want you pilling a Java and calling him names for no reason at all in an offensive manner--not that you did anything that bad. I just didn't want that stuff to start up.. ;)

No hard feelings?

:P

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 14, 2011, 01:55:52 AM

Dude, I don't even dislike Raheem per se. He doesn't seem like a bad guy. He might even be a good head coach under the right circumstances. But he didn't have enough experience for the job. They did him a disservice. Give him like two or three years as a DC. Then maybe he could become a Tomlin-like guy. But he's in over his head. I didn't mean to be derogatory or anything. But being popular isn't always the best way to go with players. Tough love often is a good way to go. My gut feeling is the Glazers wanted an Anti-Gruden and they found one, but without some of Gruden's virtues thrown in. Then they didn't do enough personnel-wise to help him. He's too much BRO, too much dude, buddy, pal, etc.
Gruden was too much snarl, too much edge in the long run. Too much Anti-Bro.
Bottom line: Too many L's in games that aren't competitive enough. That's on the GM, the owners, the coaches, most of the players.
No hard feelings. To borrow a term from the 60's, right now it's just a bad scene.

In Verner We Trust

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 14, 2011, 01:59:24 AM

Dude, I don't even dislike Raheem per se. He doesn't seem like a bad guy. He might even be a good head coach under the right circumstances. But he didn't have enough experience for the job. They did him a disservice. Give him like two or three years as a DC. Then maybe he could become a Tomlin-like guy. But he's in over his head. I didn't mean to be derogatory or anything. But being popular isn't always the best way to go with players. Tough love often is a good way to go. My gut feeling is the Glazers wanted an Anti-Gruden and they found one, but without some of Gruden's virtues thrown in. Then they didn't do enough personnel-wise to help him. He's too much BRO, too much dude, buddy, pal, etc.
Gruden was too much snarl, too much edge in the long run. Too much Anti-Bro.
Bottom line: Too many L's in games that aren't competitive enough. That's on the GM, the owners, the coaches, most of the players.
No hard feelings. To borrow a term from the 60's, right now it's just a bad scene.

I am starting to think college ball might be his ticket.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 14, 2011, 02:02:49 AM

I don't want a just hardnose as a coach, Surely you can be a friend and a motivator too. Rah WAS it for awhile...I find it hard to think 2010 was just a freak accident.

We need a fresh guy with fire in his belly who can be the best of Gruden and Morris both, like Jim Harbaugh is for San 'Fran.
: November 14, 2011, 02:06:09 AM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 14, 2011, 02:06:21 AM

I think whenever you set the tone by not spending money, it's a bad one for players. It says we're not committed to winning. However, the Eagles made ALL the commitment in the world and we see what happens. So there's a fine line with this stuff.
People seem to forget that under Dungy we had a run going where we'd struggle in October and be 3-4. But we always knew a run was coming; we just didn't know where it would lead. 9-7? 10-6? This year, a run may be coming too. About the only thing good about today was that it wasn't a conference loss. But with the number of teams ahead of us, finishing 10-6 seems almost impossible and losses in the next two weeks would seem to completely destroy whatever confidence we had a month ago.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 14, 2011, 02:06:56 AM

I don't want a just hardnose as a coach, Surely you can be a friend and a motivator too. Rah WAS it for awhile...I find it hard to think 2010 was just a freak accident.

We need a fresh guy with fire in his belly who can be the best of Gruden and Morris both, like Jim Harbaugh is for San 'Fran.
Absolutely true.

In Verner We Trust

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 14, 2011, 03:54:37 AM

Ronde should not retire but find a way to get this young defense motivated to play the game of their lives against the best team in football. 

watson

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 14, 2011, 05:06:06 AM

Maybe the reason RB grabbed his coat in anger was RM told him he was being replaced as the starter.  The only  db that looked like they could tackle on Sunday was Talib and he basically just got in front of the RB and let the RB trip over him.  On more than one occassion, RB and either the DE or LB lost contain on the end and let the running back get to the edge and make good yardage.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 14, 2011, 05:42:38 AM

Ronde should not retire but find a way to get this young defense motivated to play the game of their lives against the best team in football.

To be honest I'll be kind of pissed if we beat Green Bay. For one reason, if we can beat the defending SB champs, who are undefeated AND at home, then we shouldn't be getting smashed by teams like the Niners and Texans, and letting an 0-10 Colts team give us a run for our money. If we beat Green Bay (we won't) it will just illustrate how inconsistent this team is and to be honest how poor Raheem is as a motivator. Anyone can get a team pumped to play the defending champs, especially when they are undefeated, the real work comes in trying to pump your team up to play teams like Indy.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 14, 2011, 08:08:09 AM

I really liked Rah....I really, truly did....

I was a huge Morris Fan. We seemed to be fairly well prepared for games last year and it seemed he was learning on the job along with this team. At this point he is the one to blame. How many times can we watch our team make the same firggin mistakes. Player accountability is part of it, discipline is a part of it and certainly motivation is a part of it. All 3 start with the HC.

He needs to cut Sean Jones and Quincy Black if he wants to get everyone's attention.

1st play of the game, Jones jogging at the receiver he blew coverage on. I think he jogged the entire play. If he was running as fast as he can he still goes because that was pathetic. Jones will not be resigned and we'll rely on our other guys.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

buchead

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 14, 2011, 08:10:18 AM

I dont think it was a hey Im about to retire midseason because we suck. I imagine he told Rah about his self. How he has never been on a team so unprepaired and he has probably never been around a team with such a lack of accountability. Can you imagine if sean jones/Tjack/ or Q.Black would miss tackles and assignments while monte and the gang was still around? Before they even had to deal with the coaching staff, warren sapp or derek brooks would be knee deep in their arse!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 14, 2011, 08:54:22 AM

I don't think Ronde is retiring. I think that he saw a very upset and frustrated Morris and it got to him. I think Ronde is going
to speak out today about how the players let their coach down with such a weak effort.

Or, maybe, Morris told Ronde he was going to steal his jacket if he didn't grab it quickly and get the hell out of there.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 14, 2011, 09:12:48 AM

Maybe the reason RB grabbed his coat in anger was RM told him he was being replaced as the starter.  The only  db that looked like they could tackle on Sunday was Talib and he basically just got in front of the RB and let the RB trip over him.  On more than one occassion, RB and either the DE or LB lost contain on the end and let the running back get to the edge and make good yardage.

I don't think Weed showed he c0ould tackle, he missed tackles on all the big plays the Texans made.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

watson

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 14, 2011, 09:49:15 AM

I don't think Weed showed he c0ould tackle, he missed tackles on all the big plays the Texans made.
I don't disagree...he was just the tallest midget yesterday.  None of them tackled...and all AT did was fall down in front of the RB a few times for the tackles he got.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After a lengthy postgame meeting with Morris, Ronde grabs his jacket and goes. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools