Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Changing allegiance and chilldren « previous next »
Page: 1

freddy

Hall of Famer

: November 15, 2011, 06:06:44 PM

Just curious, and not talking about any school in particular. But I was wondering if anyone has been a fan of say school 'A' but then your kid went to school 'B'. And lets say it's not a rivalry like Florida v Florida State, but they do play each other every few years and they don't like each other. Have you been able to maintain both loyalties or do you switch to the school your kid is going too? I ask because I am facing that possibility now. We are school shopping and visiting some campuses  (because they are offering scholarships) that I use to think of as the enemy and it feels kind of wired. I'm just curious as to what others might have done in similar situations.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 16, 2011, 01:11:00 PM

Depends on the conference, if it's Big 10 PAC or ACC you cheer for you kid's school. If it is SEC, you keep the school and get a new kid.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 17, 2011, 09:50:42 AM

This is simple.  If your kid doesn't play, it doesn't matter.  Root for your team.  If your kid does play, you root for your team... but when they play your kid, you root for your kid.

CTGuyton

Second String

#3 : November 30, 2011, 06:01:30 AM

It's really no different from fantasy football.. I want Julio Jones to catch 200 yards and 3 TDs in every game, but ultimately the Falcons to come up short and lose.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#4 : December 01, 2011, 02:59:11 PM

Depends on the conference, if it's Big 10 PAC or ACC you cheer for you kid's school. If it is SEC, you keep the school and get a new kid.

priceless!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Changing allegiance and chilldren « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools