Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do we have a shot at Burfict now? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

buchead

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 16, 2011, 01:52:52 AM

Burfict roams around alot so its hard to see what he would do as a disciplined LB with in a scheme. But Teo makes alot of his plays sitting back like a traditonal LB.  I'd prefer him.
 And as for Lamichael, he is my favorite college player right about now but he is another Reggie Bush IMO. He is just a small back thats faster than everybody. Outrunning guys in college and outrunning guys in the pros is 2 different things. That why its hard to tell what a small back will become. Some are so use to using their speed that once they hit the pros they are useless unless they are in wide open space. I do like James over other small college backs coming out. Rainey, Demps etc. They are C.J spiller 2.0s
: November 16, 2011, 01:58:51 AM buchead

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 16, 2011, 02:37:35 AM

I see this team winning 2 more games...3 tops. That would put them at 6-10 or 7-9. If you base it on last year's draft order...that would put the Bucs in the 7-16 range.

The Bucs have several needs including OLB, CB, S, WR, LG, RT, DE, DT, and FB.

On D, the jury is still out on Foster but the rest of our LBs suck. We need a playmaking LB that can be physical and teams are scared of. Barber and Talib may not be back next year, so we definitely need a CB to play opposite Biggers. I also hate Jones at S. Grimm might not ever be the same after his 2 injuries but at least we have Jackson (for now). I'd like to see us draft a S in the top 4 picks. I think our WRs are decent...but we don't have a #1. I also think our OL is weak at LG and RT. Along the DL, I think Clayborn is ok at DE but Bennett hasn't done jack. He has 2 sacks in 1 game and nothing the rest of the season. I want to see more playing time for Bowers. Let's see what he's got because if he can't play...we need another DE to play opposite Clayborn. Also, after McCoy and Price, we have nothing at DT. I wouldn't mind us signing someone to bring in. Who knows...maybe Haynesworth ends up getting his head on straight and can be that #3 DT. I also want to see us draft a pure blocking FB that has played the position for a long time. Lorig is doing ok...but he's a converted DE and he just doesn't blow people up like a pure FB should.

If a Calvin Johnson type WR is available (I don't think there is one in this draft) I'd consider it with our first pick, but I'd prefer to go D. I think our biggest need is a stud OLB or CB. Hopefully the Bucs spend a little money this offseason and can fill some of the other holes. The problem with building through the draft is that if you miss...you have no backup plan. Build through the draft but also sign a couple guys to fill the gaps.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 16, 2011, 07:14:07 AM

lol ray lewis is a head case and look how he turned out. gimme burfict please.

yeah, all he has to do is get off of murder charges and turn his life around.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 16, 2011, 07:28:53 AM

Lol tis true! But this draft is probably going to be the most vital. With next year being pretty much a make or brake year for coaches and quite a few players. Also the Falcons and Saints dont have a 1st so we can really get a leg up on them. Remember those 2 teams sold the farm to get to the superbowl now. And niether 1 is that far ahead of us and we beat them both. The slow approach shows a few positive signs. The panthers turn around can be just as quick as the bucs. Next year with a softer schedule, a few defensive players off I.R plus the draft. They can be at least .500

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 16, 2011, 09:42:24 AM

So, if we end up losing from here on--which im not saying we will, but--how high up do we have to be to get Burfict? Top 10?

Where do you think we'll end up drafting at?
now Beatles I thought you were a "Foster is our Burfict" kind of guy.  I clearly remember you saying we didn't need him.  We have Foster.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 16, 2011, 01:00:16 PM

So, if we end up losing from here on--which im not saying we will, but--how high up do we have to be to get Burfict? Top 10?

Where do you think we'll end up drafting at?
now Beatles I thought you were a "Foster is our Burfict" kind of guy.  I clearly remember you saying we didn't need him.  We have Foster.
i DO think Foster is our guy. I just wondered if we'd have a chance at Burfict since he's a favorite to a lot of people on the board.

I'd prefer a WR or RB, but all of those choices look good with the way we are (right now.)

I guess, looking at our current situation, I wouldn't mind having him if Foster could still be on the field with him. I don't want him if it would mean Foster would be totally replaced, I like him and think he has potential. It'd be a shame to give up on him so early...but I can't deny having two possible stud LB's does sound nice. 8)
: November 16, 2011, 01:07:20 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 16, 2011, 01:05:43 PM

Having Foster and Burfict would make our defense a lot better. Especially vs the run.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 16, 2011, 01:12:18 PM

since Teo has been brought up in this thread, does he have the sideline to sideline speed and coverage ability to play in a 4-3?  I know he has played in both but he looks more like a ILB to me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 16, 2011, 01:18:42 PM

Having Foster and Burfict would make our defense a lot better. Especially vs the run.

so would another year of seasoning and maturity for guys like bowers, clayborn, mccoy, price, and bennett.  not to mention a guy like haynesworth wanting to play and gelling with teammates and schemes.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Borat!

Starter

#24 : November 16, 2011, 01:24:19 PM

Burflict is super over-rated. Sure hes a bad ass, but all he does is run around and hit things. He has no discipline as far as gap control is concerned (funny, our LBs get blasted for doing this on a regular basis) and gets penalties (which is something else the Bucs get blasted for doing) so I really dont see why everyone wants him so much. He fits the kind of player that everyone on here complains that we want OFF the team. If we take a LB in the first round, Manti Te'o is who we should take. Hes got better control over himself, is a leader (which Burflict is too), and is a more sound all around LB. He is a tough guy too, but doesnt have the reckless, uncontrolled tendencies that Burflict has.
1st-Te'o LB
2nd-Peter Konz C
3rd-David Wilson

\\\\\\\"...even if we win the SB not getting a few FAS with so many available was being pig headed and fanatical.\\\\\\\" - 4bucs

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 16, 2011, 01:25:55 PM

Burflict is super over-rated. Sure hes a bad ass, but all he does is run around and hit things. He has no discipline as far as gap control is concerned (funny, our LBs get blasted for doing this on a regular basis) and gets penalties (which is something else the Bucs get blasted for doing) so I really dont see why everyone wants him so much. He fits the kind of player that everyone on here complains that we want OFF the team. If we take a LB in the first round, Manti Te'o is who we should take. Hes got better control over himself, is a leader (which Burflict is too), and is a more sound all around LB. He is a tough guy too, but doesnt have the reckless, uncontrolled tendencies that Burflict has.

i have taken this viewpoint in the past...but its certainly easy to get caught up in the hype!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 16, 2011, 02:17:11 PM

Teo might be the better fit for us. And frankly if Claiborne was there, I'd be tickled pink. I think LBs can be more easily addressed in free agency, while CBs aren't always (last year being a major exception to the rule).

In Verner We Trust

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 16, 2011, 02:21:34 PM

so would another year of seasoning and maturity for guys like bowers, clayborn, mccoy, price, and bennett.  not to mention a guy like haynesworth wanting to play and gelling with teammates and schemes.
I think the defensive linemen have been ok against the run this season. It's the linebackers and safeties that are so prone to bad angles and missed tackles that's the problem.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 16, 2011, 02:27:58 PM

I would prefer Teo as well...but I would be fine with Burfict...gotta get some LB help.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 16, 2011, 03:29:48 PM

I think the defensive linemen have been ok against the run this season. It's the linebackers and safeties that are so prone to bad angles and missed tackles that's the problem.

Agreed, with the exception of Price.  He's been prone to jump out of his gap altogether.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do we have a shot at Burfict now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools