Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do we have a shot at Burfict now? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 16, 2011, 03:38:23 PM

Along the DL, I think Clayborn is ok at DE but Bennett hasn't done jack. He has 2 sacks in 1 game and nothing the rest of the season. I want to see more playing time for Bowers. Let's see what he's got because if he can't play...we need another DE to play opposite Clayborn.

Did you just say Bennett -- our best run defender, and the only guy to put consistent pressure on opposing quarterbacks -- has done nothing this season?  He's blown a few contains, sure, but look at the way he dominates his blocker every game (outside of the second New Orleans game, in which he gave an unusually horrid performance).  It's ridiculous.  He's probably our best and most consistent defensive player right now, and I want them to sign him long term... not replace him.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#31 : November 16, 2011, 04:44:03 PM

Give me Justin Blackmon or Malcom Floyd as the Bucs 1st rounder. Freeman needs weapons, I said before the season started Mike Williams was a #2, and he's proven me right. Bring in a top flight talent to push Williams, who I think has gotten fat and happy(Not physically, but mentally) after a great rookie campaign. I think he came in on fire in 2010 because, of his fall in the draft. Players like him need to be challenged, bringing in a first class talent would challenge him to up his game.

The NFL is turning into a passing league, give Freeman weapons, if you have a dangerous offense that can score a lot of points it puts pressure on the opponents offense to keep up. Tampa is known for defense and I love defense as much as the next fan but the NFL and the rules are making this a game that favors offense, give Freeman weapons and put pressure on the other team.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 26, 2011, 12:45:45 AM

Two Personal foul penalties on Burfict in the last 5 plays against Cal...dude seems like the Suh of LBs. He really can't control himself...might not be worth the pick.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

westexbucfan

Second String

#33 : November 26, 2011, 01:02:00 AM

How about we start with a new linebackers coach to go along with whoever we take at the position. I think that would be a positive for all involved.

2goodbucs

Starter
#34 : November 26, 2011, 01:02:56 AM

I'm watching the game against Cal and Burfict is a hothead and he is always getting caught in a block. Burfict is a penalty factory. My mind is made up now and I'll take Manti Te'o over Burdict.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#35 : November 26, 2011, 01:45:59 AM

We most definitely have a shot.

Idk if we take it though.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 26, 2011, 01:50:31 AM

I'm not sure I want Burfict anymore. He free lances too much, doesn't listen to coaches and draws way too many personal foul calls.

mdbuc

Second String
#37 : November 26, 2011, 06:05:12 AM

Hey, just a quick question. Is it possible that Ronde moves to Safety? Isn't that what some older corners do, or am I just making that up? Maybe it could be an option for one year.

\"So a man who didn\'t spend enough money walked into a room beside a man who didn\'t find enough players, and together they tried to explain the firing of the man who didn\'t win enough games\"  ---Gary Shelton

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 26, 2011, 10:53:15 AM

I'm not sure I want Burfict anymore. He free lances too much, doesn't listen to coaches and draws way too many personal foul calls.

I've heard the LaVarr Arrington comparisons on him - he just sorta does whatever he wants out there and isn't really coachable. I think we have enough not fundamentally sound guys on the roster right now not sure we need to add another problem child.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 26, 2011, 10:53:42 AM

Hey, just a quick question. Is it possible that Ronde moves to Safety? Isn't that what some older corners do, or am I just making that up? Maybe it could be an option for one year.

Given how poor his tackling has been this year that's not a move I want to see him make.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 26, 2011, 10:56:03 AM

I think the Bucs pass on Burfict.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 26, 2011, 11:00:12 AM

Some are finally starting to "see the light", so to speak, on Burfict.  Good.  Finally.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 26, 2011, 11:03:10 AM

watch him become the next Ray Lewis if we do pass on him

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 26, 2011, 11:07:03 AM

There's no way MD drafts Burfict unless he drops to the second round which is  very possible.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 26, 2011, 11:43:43 AM

I never wanted Burfict because he hardly ever lines up like a linebacker. Manti Teo makes the same kinda splash plays without roaming around the field. He lines up and plays like a tradtional nfl LB! Since Burfict wont be roaming around on sundays its hard to say if he could make the same kind of impact plays sitting back like an LB, Teo does so every week. Also who knows how well he can pick up his responsibilities in a structured nfl scheme. He is clearly doing what he wants out there. Whatever he thinks is coming depends on what he does. He can be a big time lb but with all these variables mixed in he can be a huge bust. His career success really depends on where he lands, the coach, the scheme. MANti can land anywhere and be an immediate difference maker.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do we have a shot at Burfict now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools