Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rodgers told by Bucs days before 2005 draft he would be the 5th overall pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

-ts

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 16, 2011, 10:56:41 PM

It will be talked about every time we play the pack. Had to be crushing though. He had to be sure he was a buc after they pulled out jerry rice for him.

I'm still crushed!!
QFT.

However, I just can't see him being what he is now with the coaching he would've gotten here.

McCoy93

Starter

#16 : November 16, 2011, 10:57:32 PM

if i recall the bucs wanted everybody in that draft. the night before allen took mike williams out to dinner telling him if he slipped past chicago he would be the pick at 5. a dallas newspaper said the cowboys were worried about the bucs taking demarcus ware; gruden coached the senior bowl saying cadillac was his guy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 16, 2011, 10:59:02 PM

It will be talked about every time we play the pack. Had to be crushing though. He had to be sure he was a buc after they pulled out jerry rice for him.

I'm still crushed!!
QFT.

However, I just can't see him being what he is now with the coaching he would've gotten here.

I have never had a bro-mance on a player like i have for this guy. There is nothing to not like about his game!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 16, 2011, 11:07:52 PM

If you want to feel even worse about it, Frank Gore went in the 3rd round that year. Darren Sproles and Brandon Jacobs went in the 4th.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 16, 2011, 11:10:09 PM

Marion Barber was a 4th rounder too.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 16, 2011, 11:13:22 PM

If you want to feel even worse about it, Frank Gore went in the 3rd round that year. Darren Sproles and Brandon Jacobs went in the 4th.

That is the way to go IMO.   Pick up a running back later on.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 16, 2011, 11:13:26 PM

You want to feel even worse still, all of the aforementioned 4th round backs (Sproles, Jacobs, Barber) were all taken after our 4th round pick. Dan Buenning, who now plays in the UFL.
: November 16, 2011, 11:15:39 PM CBWx2

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 16, 2011, 11:15:04 PM

You want to feel even worse still, all of the aforementioned 4th round backs (Sproles, Jacobs, Barber) were all taken after 4th round pick. Dan Buenning, who now plays in the UFL.

But if you take what Pat Kirwan says as gospel, Bruce Allen is a great GM.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 16, 2011, 11:15:04 PM

You want to feel even worse still, all of the aforementioned 4th round backs (Sproles, Jacobs, Barber) were all taken after 4th round pick. Dan Buenning, who now plays in the UFL.

Used to play in the UFL.   I believe they folded after there last season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 16, 2011, 11:17:49 PM

People act like Rodgers was a sure bet. Please. Teams were scared to touch the guy b/c he came from the Jeff Tedford system that produced grade A QB busts.

This is a cool story but I did not want Rodgers b/c I thought he'd pan out just like the rest of the QB's his coach coached up.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 16, 2011, 11:22:34 PM

People act like Rodgers was a sure bet. Please. Teams were scared to touch the guy b/c he came from the Jeff Tedford system that produced grade A QB busts.

This is a cool story but I did not want Rodgers b/c I thought he'd pan out just like the rest of the QB's his coach coached up.

That's why you have your "QB Guru" coach fly out to personally work him out with the best WR in history

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 16, 2011, 11:24:28 PM

That's why you have your "QB Guru" coach fly out to personally work him out with the best WR in history

And then pass on him for the second best Auburn RB.      SMH

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 16, 2011, 11:30:55 PM

Alex Smith was a system QB too, and he went 1st overall. The only reason he was taken over Rodgers was because of his mobility.

McCoy93

Starter

#28 : November 16, 2011, 11:35:02 PM

Alex Smith was a system QB too, and he went 1st overall. The only reason he was taken over Rodgers was because of his mobility.

his intelligence blew everybody away

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 16, 2011, 11:42:57 PM

his intelligence blew everybody away

Well he must have finally "got it".   Or Harbough is a miracle worker, the guy is ballin this year.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rodgers told by Bucs days before 2005 draft he would be the 5th overall pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools