Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rodgers told by Bucs days before 2005 draft he would be the 5th overall pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

McCoy93

Starter

#30 : November 16, 2011, 11:45:36 PM

Alex Smith was a system QB too, and he went 1st overall. The only reason he was taken over Rodgers was because of his mobility.

his intelligence blew everybody away

Well he must have finally "got it".   Or Harbough is a miracle worker, the guy is ballin this year.

Harbough must be Jesus; i dont know what he did that 6 other offesnive coordinators couldnt do

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 16, 2011, 11:54:36 PM

Alex Smith was a system QB too, and he went 1st overall. The only reason he was taken over Rodgers was because of his mobility.

his intelligence blew everybody away

Well he must have finally "got it".   Or Harbough is a miracle worker, the guy is ballin this year.

Harbough must be Jesus; i dont know what he did that 6 other offesnive coordinators couldnt do

Well, the obvious answer would be "be a good OC," because if any of the other six were good, then there wouldn't have been 6 of them. I've always felt that Smith was better than what he had accomplished prior to this year. The fastest way to stunt a QB's growth is to make him learn a completely different offense every year.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 17, 2011, 12:20:48 AM

Rodgers is probably jumping for joy he isn't stuck here with the terrible team we have.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 17, 2011, 01:13:30 AM

Rodgers is probably jumping for joy he isn't stuck here with the terrible team we have.

I don't know man,  that GB weather gets pretty brutal. I believe he is a Calif. guy too.  Lucky for the Bucs they are going there this week instead of later in the season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#34 : November 17, 2011, 03:37:23 AM

Let the Pack have him. We will find our own QB soon enough, if we dont already have one in the long run in Free.

What the heck?   So now you have lost confidence in Freeman?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 17, 2011, 07:14:43 AM

Well and based on what we know Gruden told everyone but you and me that they would be the guy he picked.
didn't he also tell Mike Williams-the USC one the same thing?  or was that another draft.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 17, 2011, 07:15:33 AM

Let the Pack have him. We will find our own QB soon enough, if we dont already have one in the long run in Free.
::)

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 17, 2011, 07:55:36 AM

People act like Rodgers was a sure bet. Please. Teams were scared to touch the guy b/c he came from the Jeff Tedford system that produced grade A QB busts.

This is a cool story but I did not want Rodgers b/c I thought he'd pan out just like the rest of the QB's his coach coached up.

Fail!!!

There were MANY "experts" that had him projected as the 1st overall pick. Shall i produce them AGAIN for your reading pleasure??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#38 : November 17, 2011, 08:33:46 AM

Seems 23 of those "experts" passed on him.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 17, 2011, 08:35:57 AM

yep, but the only one that matters was our "expert".  think of how many rings gruden would have now if still coaching rodgers!!!  we'd be the happiest fans alive.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 17, 2011, 08:41:40 AM

yep, but the only one that matters was our "expert".  think of how many rings gruden would have now if still coaching rodgers!!!  we'd be the happiest fans alive.
probably his biggest blunder but definitely not his only one.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#41 : November 17, 2011, 11:43:49 AM

Meet Mr. Garner . The Reason we don't have Aaron Rodgers and Steven Jackson. Career Stats with Bucs after being given $20 Million contract, 30 carries for 111 yards.
: November 17, 2011, 11:45:38 AM PWNASAURUS

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 17, 2011, 11:59:42 AM

People act like Rodgers was a sure bet. Please. Teams were scared to touch the guy b/c he came from the Jeff Tedford system that produced grade A QB busts.

This is a cool story but I did not want Rodgers b/c I thought he'd pan out just like the rest of the QB's his coach coached up.

Fail!!!

There were MANY "experts" that had him projected as the 1st overall pick. Shall i produce them AGAIN for your reading pleasure??
He wasn't picked first overall - and I seem to recall the bucs aren't the only ones who didn't pick him.  Perhaps everyone else had bigger needs and/or already had better qbs as well?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 17, 2011, 12:11:15 PM

Meet Mr. Garner . The Reason we don't have Aaron Rodgers and Steven Jackson. Career Stats with Bucs after being given $20 Million contract, 30 carries for 111 yards.

I still remember watching Garner being chased down from behind by an overweight Warren Sapp.  Absolutely disgusting.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 17, 2011, 12:28:10 PM

Seems 23 of those "experts" passed on him.

yea, but how many "qb gurus" in need of a QB passed??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rodgers told by Bucs days before 2005 draft he would be the 5th overall pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools