Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR SAYS BUCS WILL DIVE INTO FREE AGENCY IN 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

PewterReportAS

Administrator
Second String
: November 16, 2011, 10:34:26 PM

In case you missed the big news coming out of this week's installment of Pewter Report Radio, PewterReport.com publisher Scott Reynolds revealed part of Tampa Bay's 2012 offseason plan which includes a larger than normal dose of free agency.

"You can take this to the bank," Reynolds said. "Ill put my reputation of covering this team for sixteen years on the line. Today is November 16. Mark down these words.This team will be an active player in free agency next year. The plan, as Ive come to understand it from talking to several people inside the building, is to have three draft classes to acquire talent and depth that has experience. Then, I believe next year, you will see this team go out and get some big-time free agents at key positions, some we know about and some yet to be defined. But there will be the free agency splash coming next year. I can guarantee you that."

You can listen to Pewter Report Radio every Wednesday on 1010 AM CBS Sports Radio. The Bucs talk begins at 5:30 p.m. when Scott Reynolds joins afternoon host J.P. Peterson for a 30-minute segment dedicated to Bucs football. That segment then leads into a full hour of Pewter Report Radio delivered by Marco's Pizza from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. featuring Reynolds and Buccaneers beat writer Mark Cook hosting the show. The full hour of Pewter Report Radio in the 6:00 p.m. hour features the latest scoop from One Buccaneer Place as well as fresh analysis on the previous week's Bucs game and a look ahead to the team's next matchup.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 16, 2011, 10:39:00 PM

1 year too late

Also, that plan just seems like a scheme set in place to keep Dom/Raheem's job for 1 more year.
: November 16, 2011, 10:41:23 PM Captain Hindsight

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 16, 2011, 10:41:36 PM

Probably would have been smarter to double your talent pool and get half the free agents you're going to need in 2011 and the other half in 2012.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

tajik_buc

Starter

#3 : November 16, 2011, 10:45:19 PM

yeah, kinda sounds like desperation damage control. 

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 16, 2011, 10:49:44 PM

Was "Year 4" of "THE PLAN" devised this week in a marketing meeting??

So "Year 3" was "Just Roll With What Ya' Got"?
If i remember correctly, Year 1 was try to sign good FREE AGENTS but Fail.
Or did we DRAFT Derrick Ward, Kellen Winslow, Albert Haynesworth...

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 16, 2011, 10:54:09 PM

some we know about and some yet to be defined.

Well, who's scheduled to become a free agent next season so we can start speculating?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 16, 2011, 10:55:05 PM

Jermichael Finley

-------------------------------------------------------

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 16, 2011, 10:57:04 PM

The first step is admitting how to improve and this is it.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 16, 2011, 10:58:25 PM

Most of the good players will get re-signed or tagged. One gem will slip into the market, but we won't land him.

PewterReportAS

Administrator
Second String
#9 : November 16, 2011, 10:59:53 PM

CyberDilemma - I believe SR was referring to positions, not specific players, when he said that.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 16, 2011, 11:03:54 PM

Next year will be better, I can feel it already, one way or another.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 16, 2011, 11:05:39 PM

Quote from: Scott Reynolds
But there will be the free agency splash coming next year. I can guarantee you that."

"Guarantee" is a VERY strong word, my brotha!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 16, 2011, 11:09:02 PM

Jermichael Finley

I know they won the super bowl without him but they would be stupid to let him leave. Hes uncoverable. Like Megatron is uncoverable.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 16, 2011, 11:12:38 PM

Jermichael Finley

I know they won the super bowl without him but they would be stupid to let him leave. Hes uncoverable. Like Megatron is uncoverable.

I agree..... but if we're gonna make a "splash" as this thread suggests, he would be a great place to start. Dude is beastly.... and i'm over K2.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 16, 2011, 11:15:18 PM

Jermichael Finley

I agree..... but if we're gonna make a "splash" as this thread suggests, he would be a great place to start. Dude is beastly.... and i'm over K2.

I am too. If Freeman is gonna target his TE, might as well be Finley. Get Finley and maybe trade for Desean Jackson our offense would be night and day better.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR SAYS BUCS WILL DIVE INTO FREE AGENCY IN 2012 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools