Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR SAYS BUCS WILL DIVE INTO FREE AGENCY IN 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 16, 2011, 11:20:25 PM

Yeah, sure... i'm sure that was in   ::)  "The Plan"  ::)

And  ::) the plan  ::) was to get SLAUGHTERED by the Niners, Bear, Saints, Texans... and "announce it" right before a Slaughter at Green Bay?

I'm pulling out the Liar Card.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 16, 2011, 11:20:26 PM

DJackson is a free agent in 2012 and Philly has no cash to sign him. No need to trade.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 16, 2011, 11:20:29 PM

Was "Year 4" of "THE PLAN" devised this week in a marketing meeting??

So "Year 3" was "Just Roll With What Ya' Got"?
If i remember correctly, Year 1 was try to sign good FREE AGENTS but Fail.
Or did we DRAFT Derrick Ward, Kellen Winslow, Albert Haynesworth...
lmao at this post.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 16, 2011, 11:22:24 PM

Saddest part is that it took 4 years to realize how average the talent on this team is. It took 4 thorough ass beatings to realize it.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 16, 2011, 11:22:26 PM

DJackson is a free agent in 2012 and Philly has no cash to sign him. No need to trade.

They could tag him.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 16, 2011, 11:29:39 PM

I want DeSean Jackson, a safety that can tackle and make PLAYS, a left guard that is actually good, an OLB that is physical and can make plays against the run, and a RB that is actually starting RB material who can pass block, catch, and run well. If your name is Lamar Miller, David Wilson, or Chris Polk sign me up!!!!!!!!!!!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 16, 2011, 11:30:13 PM

I think Philly will trade him. They won't tag him because why would they NOT pay him and then tag him? Doesn't make sense. But Philly never lets young talented players walk away without getting anything in return so a trade makes sense. I would imagine a second rounder or player and a third. For the Bucs, a Benn and a third offer would be fair.

In Verner We Trust

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 16, 2011, 11:33:03 PM

I'm not sure Philly would want Benn, given his lack of production, and inability to read defenses.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 16, 2011, 11:33:07 PM

I think Philly will trade him. They won't tag him because why would they NOT pay him and then tag him? Doesn't make sense. But Philly never lets young talented players walk away without getting anything in return so a trade makes sense. I would imagine a second rounder or player and a third. For the Bucs, a Benn and a third offer would be fair.

Tagging him would only require a one year pay out however large it might be.  It would still be cheaper than a long term multi-year multi million dollar contract.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 16, 2011, 11:33:12 PM

Next year will be better, I can feel it already, one way or another.
I believe it will be as well Beatles, but the problem is how MUCH better? This is where the Bucs could set themselves up for trouble for many years to come.
Go 6-10. Bring regime back. Go 9-7, miss playoffs. Yeah they missed it, but they improved by three games (or even four or five games if they go 4-12 or 5-11). So then they're given ANOTHER year whereupon they go about 7-9. Then you're back to Square 1.
So let's tank the season, then load up for a serious run. If they can't make the playoffs in 2012, wax Raheem and the whole lot of them. No more excuses.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 16, 2011, 11:34:33 PM

Tagging him would only require a one year pay out however large it might be.  It would still be cheaper than a long term multi-year multi million dollar contract.
You realize how little he's making right? And that they have hardly thrown to him at all, right?
A lot of bad blood there. He doesn't want to come back and if they want him back they sure haven't shown it any way.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 16, 2011, 11:35:47 PM

I'm not sure Philly would want Benn, given his lack of production, and inability to read defenses.
Parker or Benn plus a third might be enough to get it done, though Philly could get better offers. Jackson would have a lot of suitors.

In Verner We Trust

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#27 : November 16, 2011, 11:36:16 PM

DeSean Jackson will probably end up a Buc. I can't see the Packers letting Finley go, he'll be franchised without a doubt. He's a beast, but the franchise tag they put on him would probably be a 1st and a 3rd. Way too much for a tight end no matter how good he is.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 16, 2011, 11:36:52 PM

You realize how little he's making right? And that they have hardly thrown to him at all, right?
A lot of bad blood there. He doesn't want to come back and if they want him back they sure haven't shown it any way.

What better way to stick it to him then tag him?  Players hate that   $%$#   

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 16, 2011, 11:38:04 PM

But they don't want to give him anything near that amount of money. And by throwing to him so much less this year, they have justified a much lower contract.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR SAYS BUCS WILL DIVE INTO FREE AGENCY IN 2012 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools