Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR SAYS BUCS WILL DIVE INTO FREE AGENCY IN 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 16, 2011, 11:39:28 PM

But they don't want to give him anything near that amount of money. And by throwing to him so much less this year, they have justified a much lower contract.

I think every team in the league would be all over him.  Great player.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 16, 2011, 11:41:30 PM

DJackson is a free agent in 2012 and Philly has no cash to sign him. No need to trade.

They could tag him.

They won't. They have lots of money tied up at other positions, and need far more help elsewhere than they need a $10 mil WR. Maclin is playing like a #1 right now, and they have two receivers in Jason Avant and Steve Smith who can fill the #2 roll in a way more cost effective way. I think he's as good as gone from Philly next year.
: November 16, 2011, 11:43:38 PM CBWx2

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 16, 2011, 11:45:38 PM

Quit talking about "next year", people!

We still have 7 Wonderful Weeks of football left.

THE 'RACE TO 10' is ON!!!!!!!

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 16, 2011, 11:48:56 PM

Who the f is gonna come here next when we are picking Top 5 and a contender is offering the same amount of money. No one! Its too late. We had a chance to upgrade a lot of positions this offseason with guys like Tulloch,Durant,Aso being FAs and we failed to do it. Also I fail to see this "talent" they think we got in those drafts. All I see is a bunch of quitters.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 16, 2011, 11:50:26 PM

What doesn't sit well to me is all the BS that we have heard over the last few years about how Dom made an offer to FA x or how we simply got outbid on FA y, or how FA z just wasn't a good fit. If this is correct, those were all lies we were being fed.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 16, 2011, 11:52:47 PM

Well Legend, I can see the talent. Briscoe, Benn, Williams, Blount and Freeman on offense. Clayborn, Foster, Grimm, McCoy and Price on defense.

Just because we had a few awful games doesn't mean the talent isn't there. It just takes time to develop them and without adding any good free agents, it makes them all look bad when they have those games.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 16, 2011, 11:59:10 PM

If we have that kinda talent on both sides of the ball this team wouldn't be 4-5 and getting blown out in games. O btw I know you like Grimm and all. But the guy can't stay healthy and is average at best. Benn, Williams, Briscoe talented? Ill give you Briscoe he shows more potential than anyone on offense. Benn and Williams couldn't catch a cold this year, it hasn't just been 1 game. Blount? HA, he is average RB in todays NFL. He can't block or catch and its a putrid shortage guy. He brings nothing to the table on 3rd down and makes our offense so predictable when he is on the field.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 17, 2011, 12:01:39 AM

Who the f is gonna come here next when we are picking Top 5 and a contender is offering the same amount of money. No one! Its too late. We had a chance to upgrade a lot of positions this offseason with guys like Tulloch,Durant,Aso being FAs and we failed to do it. Also I fail to see this "talent" they think we got in those drafts. All I see is a bunch of quitters.

We can't stray from this week's version of  "The Plan"!!!!!!!!!

wampuscatiam

Second String

#38 : November 17, 2011, 12:01:57 AM

They are gonna have to sign some BIG NAME free agents or the glazers are gonna be the only ones at the games next year.  We can only hope it's not the likes of the every so talented and never done anything since he's been here Quincy Black and the always dependable Jeremy Trueblood........   What the hell were they thinking?   Just do us fans a favor and sell the team.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 17, 2011, 12:07:53 AM

What doesn't sit well to me is all the BS that we have heard over the last few years about how Dom made an offer to FA x or how we simply got outbid on FA y, or how FA z just wasn't a good fit. If this is correct, those were all lies we were being fed.

Yep, they've just EXPOSED THEMSELVES as liars.

They were either lying then, or they lied today. <--- that one is my pick

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 17, 2011, 12:15:38 AM

Being a Bucs fan when FA starts is like being a poor child on christmas. Hoping and praying your gonna get the one present you want. But instead you end up with crap, while all the other kids are sporting their new toys.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 17, 2011, 12:18:28 AM

Yawn. I haven't watched last few games. The ownership's "plan" sucks. The only good draft we have had in recent years was 2010. I think we only have a handfull of starters that we drafted in recent years. 2011 we have Clayborn and Foster. 2009...we have Freeman and maybe Biggers. 2008 we have Talib (who could be in jail next year). 2007 we had Tanard Jackson. 2010 was the only decent class with McCoy, Price, Benn, Williams, Lorig and maybe Grimm. None of those guys have proven they are the real deal except for maybe Price...and he can't stay healthy. McCoy shows signs at times but also is absent much and is hurt more than Price. Lorig was a bust at DE and had to be converted to FB. Benn, and Williams have been decent but are turning out to be no more than #2 WRs. So the Bucs are averaging maybe 2 good players a draft...and if you take out 2010...it's closer to 1.

Now granted, Dominik has only been GM since 2009 and only has 3 drafts as the GM...but I dont' believe that all of a sudden it's a 3 year plan. All this time it was we build through the draft. Now we suck and the plan isn't working and now you are saying, "Hey after year 3 we plan to go to free agency and that was the plan all along." BS I say. Until we get a real coach and real owners that are willing to spend real money and REALLY try and compete. I am done supporting this team. No more going to games. No more buying Bucs gear. No more watching on TV. I'd rather spend 3-4 hours out playing golf, hanging with friends, or taking a peaceful nap. At least I know I can use my time the way I want to and won't piss it away watching a team who's owners don't care and just want to make money.
: November 17, 2011, 12:20:17 AM Kodiak

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 17, 2011, 01:17:20 AM

If we have that kinda talent on both sides of the ball this team wouldn't be 4-5 and getting blown out in games. O btw I know you like Grimm and all. But the guy can't stay healthy and is average at best. Benn, Williams, Briscoe talented? Ill give you Briscoe he shows more potential than anyone on offense. Benn and Williams couldn't catch a cold this year, it hasn't just been 1 game. Blount? HA, he is average RB in todays NFL. He can't block or catch and its a putrid shortage guy. He brings nothing to the table on 3rd down and makes our offense so predictable when he is on the field.

Well, without Blount your team would have one win this year. As far as blocking and catching, he hasn't been given much of a chance and when he has he hasn't been bad at all. BTW, there aren't any good short yardage backs in the entire league who's offensive line gets zero push on fourth and one.

You aren't being realistic. Our Oline is poo, and our schemes suck. Why do you think everyone on offense loooks so bad?

Watch this: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011110605/2011/REG9/buccaneers@saints#menu=highlights

:15 Mike Williams can't catch. Why is that?
:30 Blount is average? Name one other RB who can do this.
:47 Blount stuffed on 4th and 1. Watch the LG pull and completely whiff on his block and Blount gets buried by three Saints. Also notice it's 4th and 1 and the Oline gets zero push. I guess it's Blount's fault?
1:30 TJack misses a tackle Grimm would make 9/10 times.
2:40 Oline pushed backwards on running play. Blount's fault?

I'm not sure how you are supposed to evaluate players when the scheme and Oline is so bad. Keep this in mind. There is a reason everyone looks so bad.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 17, 2011, 01:19:46 AM

Well, without Blount your team would have one win this year. As far as blocking and catching, he hasn't been given much of a chance and when he has he hasn't been bad at all. BTW, there aren't any good short yardage backs in the entire league who's offensive line gets zero push on fourth and one.

You aren't being realistic. Our Oline is poo, and our schemes suck. Why do you think everyone on offense loooks so bad?

Watch this: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011110605/2011/REG9/buccaneers@saints#menu=highlights

:15 Mike Williams can't catch. Why is that?
:30 Blount is average? Name one other RB who can do this.
:47 Blount stuffed on 4th and 1. Watch the LG pull and completely whiff on his block and Blount gets buried by three Saints. Also notice it's 4th and 1 and the Oline gets zero push. I guess it's Blount's fault?
1:30 TJack misses a tackle Grimm would make 9/10 times.
2:40 Oline pushed backwards on running play. Blount's fault?

I'm not sure how you are supposed to evaluate players when the scheme and Oline is so bad. Keep this in mind. There is a reason everyone looks so bad.
The fact the he leads the team in drops is why. Blount can make one play and is good? I just told you the reasons why he is average.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 17, 2011, 01:24:26 AM

And I just showed you a video that explains why you are wrong.

Was that a "drop" at :15? LOL. BTW, Benn drops balls at twice the rate that Mike Williams does. MW has been dropping 6%, Benn 12%. 6% isn't that high of a number. 12% is.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR SAYS BUCS WILL DIVE INTO FREE AGENCY IN 2012 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools