Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR SAYS BUCS WILL DIVE INTO FREE AGENCY IN 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#165 : November 20, 2011, 07:12:25 AM

This team will be an active player in free agency next year.

Not that you'll respond to this SR, but the Buccaneers signed Free Agents to over $115M in contracts this offseason, the second most of any team in the NFL.  They were active in Free Agency this offseason.  Nobody just wants to admit that did a piss poor job.

Boom, best post in this thread.  We were active in FA this offseason.  We just blew money on the wrong guys.  That is why I'll pass on the Kool-Aid. 

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#166 : November 20, 2011, 07:14:03 AM

Just a coincidence that this comes out after a blow out loss where everyone in the media suggests that we over-estimated our talent and should have signed some free agents huh?

I'll believe it when I see it.

damage control.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#167 : November 20, 2011, 07:14:40 AM

So you guys are saying they will be active in free agency by re-signing their "core" guys again to big contracts?

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#168 : November 20, 2011, 07:32:56 AM

So you guys are saying they will be active in free agency by re-signing their "core" guys again to big contracts?

sadly, that is what I think will happen.    Hell that was the spin this offseason too so why will it be any different until the Glazers are forced to spend in 2013?  When people complained that we still had the most cap room and lowest payroll even after re-signing Black/Joseph/Trueblood/Koenan etc Dom and people like Duemig talked about "the plan" and the 100 mill we spent this offseason.  never mind the fact that very little of that money is guaranteed so its just window dressing.  never mind the fact that even after being "active" in FA we still are at the bottom of the league in payroll and still are swimming in cap room. 

I never expected us to make a run at Aso, Bush and Edwards and I laughed at many who had such pipe dreams.   But there was no reason at all we couldn't go after  some combination of Tulloch,Barnett,Marshall,Joseph, Wright, Sproles, etc.  Some of the guys on that list are playing on only 1 year deals right now. 
: November 20, 2011, 07:41:45 AM rpc1978

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#169 : November 20, 2011, 07:36:52 AM

I still can't believe the Quincy Black signing.   That was about the oddest signing they have ever had.   Way overpaid.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#170 : November 20, 2011, 08:11:27 AM

I still can't believe the Quincy Black signing.   That was about the oddest signing they have ever had.   Way overpaid.
Dominick is not a good GM.  I know that isn't the general concensus around here but fans are going to start waking up to it soon enough.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#171 : November 20, 2011, 08:48:38 AM

Someone needs to wake up.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#172 : November 20, 2011, 09:04:54 AM

He stinks.

Imagine had they taken Clay Matthews instead of Freeman, LeSean McCoy instead of trading for Winslow, Mike Wallace instead of Roy Miller, traded down in the first in 2010 for a lower first round pick and then taken Tebow in the late first round, Price is still the pick in high second, but take Gronkowski instead of Benn and Carlos Dunlop with the extra 2nd round pick they get for trading down from #3 to #20 in the first round, take Eric Decker or Jordan Shipley in the 3rd round rather than Myron Lewis.

This team would be rockin' and games would be selling out.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#173 : November 21, 2011, 01:22:13 PM

He stinks.

Imagine had they taken Clay Matthews instead of Freeman, LeSean McCoy instead of trading for Winslow, Mike Wallace instead of Roy Miller, traded down in the first in 2010 for a lower first round pick and then taken Tebow in the late first round, Price is still the pick in high second, but take Gronkowski instead of Benn and Carlos Dunlop with the extra 2nd round pick they get for trading down from #3 to #20 in the first round, take Eric Decker or Jordan Shipley in the 3rd round rather than Myron Lewis.

This team would be rockin' and games would be selling out.

I don't go by "look who we could've drafted", I go by who I think they should've drafted.  I know I was on an island when I thought the Bucs should have drafted Dez instead of McCoy, so that's one I look back at and say, look at what they could have done.  I thought they should have drafted Crabtree as well (both by the are receivers that most here said won't be a #1 - and look, they're both doing better this year than Jackson... who they all think is a #1... go figure).  That being said, I was on the Brian Brohm bandwagon as well... so no one is perfect.  I won't rip Dominik for stuff like that unless it just keeps happening over and over again.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#174 : November 21, 2011, 01:26:29 PM

I thought they should have drafted Crabtree as well (both by the are receivers that most here said won't be a #1 - and look, they're both doing better this year than Jackson... who they all think is a #1... go figure).

Michael Crabtree:  38 receptions, 455 yards, 12.9 YPC, and 1 TD
DeSean Jackson:  35 receptions, 591 yards, 16.9 YPC, and 2 TD

At what point do you stop stuffing your foot in your mouth?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#175 : November 21, 2011, 01:35:53 PM

I thought they should have drafted Crabtree as well (both by the are receivers that most here said won't be a #1 - and look, they're both doing better this year than Jackson... who they all think is a #1... go figure).

You just watch boxscores don't you... :-)  That's ok. Those of us who actually watch the games... we know.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#176 : November 21, 2011, 01:44:44 PM

You just watch boxscores don't you... :-)  That's ok. Those of us who actually watch the games... we know.

Stats are his life because they can be spun a 1000 ways. I agree, if he actually watched the players instead of the boxscore, he wouldn't sound so stupid all the time.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#177 : November 21, 2011, 01:47:25 PM

Just a quick question Biggs... any idea how many 40+ yard plays Crabtree took away from himself with a taunting penalty?  Any idea on how many times he was inactive because of attitute?  Any idea how many times he was benched mid-game for poor decision making?  I can tell you this... in the last 8 days Jackson's done each of those at least once... it's never happened to Crabtree.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#178 : November 21, 2011, 01:54:05 PM

Seriously? The same Michael Crabtree that missed the first 5 games of his career protesting his slotted draft pay before he ever played in the NFL? At least Jackson is upset after he's been a baller for 3 years and after his team heaped tons and tons of money onto players who had never stepped into the Eagles locker room.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#179 : November 21, 2011, 01:55:46 PM

Crabtree is trying to establish himself as a #1 while DJ is already there.

Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR SAYS BUCS WILL DIVE INTO FREE AGENCY IN 2012 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools