Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris blames the schedule « previous next »
Page: 1 2

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 17, 2011, 07:03:41 PM

Can we fire him already and get a real coach?

Geez give Rah a break.

I choose to let him finish out the season before any judgement. If i were to blame anyone it would be Olsen.

Rah doesnt really have any talent on D to work with and on the other side of the ball Olsen has tons of talent that he fails to utilize week in and week out. This offense was supposed to be the bright spot of this team, what do you expect outta the D when the O goes three and out every time or throws a interception.

I did him a break and well I am done with it

JohnGruden

Starter

#16 : November 17, 2011, 07:09:50 PM

Can we fire him already and get a real coach?

Geez give Rah a break.

I choose to let him finish out the season before any judgement. If i were to blame anyone it would be Olsen.

Rah doesnt really have any talent on D to work with and on the other side of the ball Olsen has tons of talent that he fails to utilize week in and week out. This offense was supposed to be the bright spot of this team, what do you expect outta the D when the O goes three and out every time or throws a interception.

I did him a break and well I am done with it

Dude im just saying to reserve your judgement. I remember reading one of your posts after the lions game that rah should be fired. The bucs won three in a row and you were back to sucking his **CENSORED**.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 17, 2011, 07:47:46 PM

Sorry Rah, didn't buy the "easy" schedule story last year- won't but the "tough" schedule excuse this year. Played Hard, Fast, Consistent, Smart last year -won. Playing Soft, Slow, inconsistent and Dumb this year-Losing. The Core Beliefs.

1-5 versus winning teams, 9-1 versus losing teams in 2010.
2-5 versus winning teams, 2-0 versus losing teams in 2011.

When you line the stats up like that, 2010 doesn't look much different from 2011.
2010: -57 point differential versus winning teams (6 games)
2011: -88 point differential versus winning teams (7 games)

Last season, the average Bucs game versus winning teams was a 26-16 loss.
This season, the average Bucs game versus a winning team is a 28-15 loss.

It's startling how similar the numbers are.
Last season average margin of victory over a winning team: 10 points
Last season average margin of defeat by a winning team: 13.4 points

This season average margin of victory over a winning team: 4.5 points
This season average margin of defeat by a winning team: 19.4 points

One problem... the sample size of your first category is far too small to create an average.  The "10-point margin of victory" in 2010 came against one team, and doesn't really represent anything.  Let's say LeGarrette Blount hits the right hole against Atlanta on that soul-crunching 4th-and-one, and the Buccaneers win 28-27.  Their margin of victory over winning teams drops to 5.5, and the average margin of defeat rises to 15.75.

Basically, what this comes down to is... in 2010, the Buccaneers consistently beat bad teams, but got ****ing manhandled by about half the quality teams they faced.  In 2011, the Buccaneers have consistently beaten bad teams, but been ****ing manhandled by about half the quality teams they've faced.  Sounds about right to me.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 17, 2011, 09:00:03 PM

While the sample size is still on the smaller side, there's two key differences between 2010 and 2011. In 2010, the Bucs had three quality losses against good teams (both Atlanta games and Baltimore). They don't have any this year. They also kicked the crap out of couple bad teams (both Carolina games, San Francisco, and Seattle). They haven't done that this year.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 17, 2011, 09:04:14 PM

Would be awsome if our team turned it around. Would you eat crow again bandwagonforcetrauma??

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 17, 2011, 09:05:30 PM

While the sample size is still on the smaller side, there's two key differences between 2010 and 2011. In 2010, the Bucs had three quality losses against good teams (both Atlanta games and Baltimore). They don't have any this year. They also kicked the crap out of couple bad teams (both Carolina games, San Francisco, and Seattle). They haven't done that this year.

I'll agree with you about the destruction of lesser teams, but...

1) The Falcons -- while a quality team -- weren't half as good as their 13-3 record indicated, and...
2) The Ravens game was not a quality loss.  They crushed us, and a last-minute, meaningless touchdown made it respectable.  They annihilated us.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 17, 2011, 09:05:59 PM

Would be awsome if our team turned it around. Would you eat crow again bandwagonforcetrauma??

I am a Bucs fan, but I am not afraid to say we suck when we suck. It doesn't mean you're not a fan of your team to accept reality

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris blames the schedule « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools